No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would trade JV for Biz if it were an option.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      I would trade JV for Biz if it were an option.
      Biz just lost his starting spot in Orlando lol

Comment

Wtf
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Why? Biz is just such a one sided player. You need to have 4 good shooters around him for him to work offensively.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Then you are a bad judge of talent and potential
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Why? Biz is just such a one sided player. You need to have 4 good shooters around him for him to work offensively.
              This won't work by default either, because you assume that he is threat to catch the ball and finish/pass. It's always 4 v 5 offense with Biz.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                This won't work by default either, because you assume that he is threat to catch the ball and finish/pass. It's always 4 v 5 offense with Biz.
                At least with JV there's the threat of him actually being regularly used as an offensive threat. In the Boston game, there were times down the stretch where he was drawing the attention of two defenders, leaving Carroll at least semi-open. With guys like Bebe and Biz, the defense can even more deliberately focus their attention on DeRozan & Lowry. Sure, those guys occasionally get the highlight-reel alley-oop, but there's a reason the defense is far less concerned with them and would gladly give up the odd dunk.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  At least with JV there's the threat of him actually being regularly used as an offensive threat. In the Boston game, there were times down the stretch where he was drawing the attention of two defenders, leaving Carroll at least semi-open. With guys like Bebe and Biz, the defense can even more deliberately focus their attention on DeRozan & Lowry. Sure, those guys occasionally get the highlight-reel alley-oop, but there's a reason the defense is far less concerned with them and would gladly give up the odd dunk.
                  A big reason Siakam was becoming harder and harder to play was that teams were ignoring him to add a roving defender with increasing regularity. We're seeing some of the same with Bebe.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    A big reason Siakam was becoming harder and harder to play was that teams were ignoring him to add a roving defender with increasing regularity. We're seeing some of the same with Bebe.
                    That's why teams like the Mavs when they had Tyson Chandler and Brandon Wright were running PnR every other play to put pressure on the rim. Those guys are legitimate above-the-rim lob threats. In theory, this could work with Bebe but unfortunately Lowry is pretty bad at hitting the rolling big man and DeMar is still developing as a decision maker.

Comment

An interview with Embiid before a Philly game outright said this. It literally said it allows for them to send a help defender on anyone else in the starting line up because they can ignore him.

“I think no disrespect to Siakam, but he’s not as good as a shooter,” Embiid said. “That sets me kind of free to like just play all over the place, helping my teammates, helping off DeRozan, Valanciunas, so it just kind of gives me free reign to just play.”
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Offensive Rating shows the Siakim effect. Team ORTG - 113.1. Siakim ORTG - 107.0 (worst in the rotation)

Doesn't show the Bebe effect. Bebe ORTG 116.9 (best in the rotation)
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Quoting someone from realgm here but...this is basically a list of excuses for jonas valanciunas that have been used. (btw on the biyombo trade idea... Umm no lol that's terrible)

1. Its the offensive system, it doesn't compliment him/He's not utilized properly
                          2. Its the defensive style, it doesn't compliment him.
                          3. Its because we aren't ICE-ing pick and rolls. Change the defense and he'll be better.
                          4. Casey hates him.
                          5. Casey didn't develop him and can't develop players.
                          6. The guards won't give him the ball.
                          7. Too many ISOs (but need more post up ISOs from JV)
                          8. The guards let everyone blow by, he can't possibly defend them all.
                          9. If he played more minutes, he would be better.
                          10. Well, DD plays bad defense, and he gets lots of minutes.
                          11. He has to play with Scola, of course his defense is bad.
                          12. He has to play with Siakam, of course his defense is bad.
                          13. He's been phased out of the team and is mentally broken.
                          14. The team made him fat (or too heavy) and that's why he's slow, not his responsibility.
                          15. He's injured (only an excuse if not legitimately injured)
                          16. Casey, Demar, Lowry etc never made a serious attempt to help JV fit in here..
                          17. Deflection - its not JV its XXXXX (usually SF, DD or PF).
                          18. Use very small sample sizes to define players skill

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                            Quoting someone from realgm here but...this is basically a list of excuses for jonas valanciunas that have been used. (btw on the biyombo trade idea... Umm no lol that's terrible)

1. Its the offensive system, it doesn't compliment him/He's not utilized properly
                            2. Its the defensive style, it doesn't compliment him.
                            3. Its because we aren't ICE-ing pick and rolls. Change the defense and he'll be better.
                            4. Casey hates him.
                            5. Casey didn't develop him and can't develop players.
                            6. The guards won't give him the ball.
                            7. Too many ISOs (but need more post up ISOs from JV)
                            8. The guards let everyone blow by, he can't possibly defend them all.
                            9. If he played more minutes, he would be better.
                            10. Well, DD plays bad defense, and he gets lots of minutes.
                            11. He has to play with Scola, of course his defense is bad.
                            12. He has to play with Siakam, of course his defense is bad.
                            13. He's been phased out of the team and is mentally broken.
                            14. The team made him fat (or too heavy) and that's why he's slow, not his responsibility.
                            15. He's injured (only an excuse if not legitimately injured)
                            16. Casey, Demar, Lowry etc never made a serious attempt to help JV fit in here..
                            17. Deflection - its not JV its XXXXX (usually SF, DD or PF).
                            18. Use very small sample sizes to define players skill
                            Do you have a point to make, or are you just baiting people? Your post doesn't really do much to add to the discussion.

I'm sure you could scroll through the history of every player-specific thread and find a laundry list of explanations/excuses that have been made. I'm sure the DeRozan and Bargnani threads would generate lists into the triple digits, but what's the point of trolling past conversations in a passive-aggressive manner?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Do you have a point to make, or are you just baiting people? Your post doesn't really do much to add to the discussion.

I'm sure you could scroll through the history of every player-specific thread and find a laundry list of explanations/excuses that have been made. I'm sure the DeRozan and Bargnani threads would generate lists into the triple digits, but what's the point of trolling past conversations in a passive-aggressive manner?
                              Oh c'mon, he obviously invested some time in putting together that list. Doesn't that kind of blind hate make you giggle even a little bit?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Oh c'mon, he obviously invested some time in putting together that list. Doesn't that kind of blind hate make you giggle even a little bit?
                                ... it made me a little.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X