• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV ranked 15th on ESPN's rising star list:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...ng-stars-11-15

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Not sure Zach Lowe has been thinking this for two years so maybe send your CV?

Just listened to raps hq pod. They touched on $15m for pat or jv. Pats been more important imo all yr. Plenty of time to eval performance and guage the market.

Deadline feels rushed but just for fun:

Bogut + Anderson + 2nd Rd pick swap

For jv + fvv

Anderson is 230lbs but can't shoot. He's got D potential. The 2nd in the 30s is not much worse than the clips 1st in this draft. We could maybe snag Evans and trade cory or package Cory + both picks to move up.
      JV's value may be depressed but it's not this low. He has far more value to us on the court than this package anyway.

I think he can still fetch a first rounder. I don't trust the talk on Brook, he'll net a first for sure, and JV is much younger.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Pat/JV are both really important to the team and the team's best path forward IMO would be to consolidate as much talent up front as possible, as we know that the ball handling and primary scoring will always fall to Lowry and DD in the backcourt. So the other PGs and wings just need to be able to shoot and defend, and create occasionally. Cue Powell and Wright. Meanwhile, we've seen how critical having a good threat on the roll is to the offence, and how crucial a floor spacing defensive PF like Pat and Ibaka is on both ends. Invest there, lean on the all stars in the back court, and fill in the rest of the gaps cheaply.

Backup C who will get limited minutes due to Ibaka/Pat lineups? Poeltl, locked in for a few years. So trade BeBe for value or to grease a salary shedding deal before he is up for a raise in summer 2018. Backup and third string PG? Wright and Van Vleet combined make under 3M, both have looked good in short stints. Trade Cory to clear space. Powell has looked fantastic whenever he's played, and you have to expect Bruno to contribute eventually (and frankly Toupane deserves another call up) - nevermind the flexibility given by having Lowry play some minutes at the 2. So move Carroll for cap space. Powell makes the minimum next year then is RFA, and can play heavy minutes. Maybe find a bench 3+D wing coming back in one of those trades to bolster the reserves in the short term.
        I doubt mlse will keep pat and jv at $30m with another $55m+ in Lowry and ibaka. Pat is more important imo. A diff coach could change that but DD just uses him as a pylon. Combo of DD and Casey really neuteres jv.
        I feel a lot better about ibakas potential decline if he's getting mins at the 5.
        I like toupane but his shooting is still suspect and I'd prefer a guy with a little more bulk. Solid plan b tho. Great 2nd unit glue guy, good attitude.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          JV ranked 15th on ESPN's rising star list:

Easy to forget he's still only 24.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

JV's value may be depressed but it's not this low. He has far more value to us on the court than this package anyway.

I think he can still fetch a first rounder. I don't trust the talk on Brook, he'll net a first for sure, and JV is much younger.
            He does but atm I'd prefer to keep pat. Want to see the playoffs first tho.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Funny I've been saying all this stuff about JV for two years. I only took one podcast from Lowe to make you guys see the light on how the game is changing for bigs that can't guard the perimeter.

Anyways better late than never.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              What about guards who can't defend on the perimeter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JV ranked 15th on ESPN's rising star list:

I'm surprised norman powell didn't make the top 50

High rank for jv tho
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• How does ESPN just forget that Drummond exists for the rising stars list? He's just not on it, even though he'd be around #10. Don't they have editors for that sort of checking?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    What about guards who can't defend on the perimeter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    As you can see you can hide those guys way easier. Example James Harden and IT.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

As you can see you can hide those guys way easier. Example James Harden and IT.

IT is a bad example, Boston's +/- with him on is actually quite poor because he's nearly as bad defensively as he is good offensively.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Raptors were getting good looks in the 3rd too. It's just they couldn't make any 3s till the 4th. Jack even said during the 3rd that the ball movement and quality of the shots were good but, no one could hit anything. Make sense we only had two legit shooters playing.

In the 4th the trend was broken by Cojo hitting back to back open 3s. Just like we were getting all game.

Why are you always trying to make this a Deebo vs JV thing. It really has nothing to do with that.

Reponse to S.R.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Feb 16, 2017, 03:18 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors were getting good looks in the 3rd too. It's just they couldn't make any 3s till the 4th. Jack even said during the 3rd that the ball movement and quality of the shots were good but, no one could hit anything. Make sense we only had two legit shooters playing.

In the 4th the trend was broken by Cojo hitting back to back open 3s. Just like we were getting all game.

Why are you always trying to make this a Deebo vs JV thing. It really has nothing to do with that.

Reponse to S.R.

Always your answer when any sort of criticism is brought up about Demar.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Always your answer when any sort of criticism is brought up about Demar.
                            I'm trying to figure out what he's actually talking about. Who brought up DD?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I'm trying to figure out what he's actually talking about. Who brought up DD?
                              Wasn't S.R., was Maury who brought up him up.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Wasn't S.R., was Maury who brought up him up.
                                And he didnt even say his name, we have ahandful of guards who can't guard.

Pretty sure Christian just scans threads like "who said something about DD or Casey today?"

Comment

Working...
                                X