No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every guard-shot against him in the lane just seems to go in, like his outstretched arms mystically guide the ball onto its right path. Either he's not quite close enough to change the shot, or the guard just flies right by for the layup.

I had hoped he'd be improving as a lane/rim protector as he became more of a veteran, now I don't know if much can be done to remedy this malady.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Every guard-shot against him in the lane just seems to go in, like his outstretched arms mystically guide the ball onto its right path. Either he's not quite close enough to change the shot, or the guard just flies right by for the layup.

I had hoped he'd be improving as a lane/rim protector as he became more of a veteran, now I don't know if much can be done to remedy this malady.
      Foot movement. He's not quick enough.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Which is doubly unfortunate because it means his trade value will be rock bottom this summer.

Not necessary..his contract is phenomenal,15 million is the mark of an average player in association,so at least his better than that and his still quality young center,I'm pretty sure a team will give him chance 2 thrive..sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery..ie..Kyle Lowry,Patrick Patterson,I honestly think it would b good for him and this franchise 2 move on.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• JV hasn't played a single 4th Q minute since the trade. Raps haven't lost a 4th Q since the trade. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
            Not necessary..his contract is phenomenal,15 million is the mark of an average player in association,so at least his better than that and his still quality young center,I'm pretty sure a team will give him chance 2 thrive..sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery..ie..Kyle Lowry,Patrick Patterson,I honestly think it would b good for him and this franchise 2 move on.
            Many analysts like Zach Lowe are saying that there's not a big desire to acquire bigs like JV. His value is not big in new nba
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Many analysts like Zach Lowe are saying that there's not a big desire to acquire bigs like JV. His value is not big in new nba
              Then you keep him. He's not "must trade", there is other options. I don't dump him for anything less than unprotected first or good prospect. Period
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We have absolutely tanked his trade value.

At the start of the season I really felt like he could be a part of a package to get a star player. Now I feel like he's going to be valued around what Nurkic was.

Comment

• Interesting comment by Sam Mitchell that jv's early start and type of matchup against the bucks should have warrented more pt.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    Interesting comment by Sam Mitchell that jv's early start and type of matchup against the bucks should have warrented more pt.
                    He was playing great plus had the matchup (monroe) who stayed on the floor. Still didn't get a look, so it's just not gonna happen
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• We can stop pretending that there is anything JV can do to get playing time, right? Or the ball. We can set that narrative aside now. It is not up to him or his performance.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Let us confess that Casey is unable to use JV in the proper way. JV is a talented center, but the whole team is designed for both Derozan and Lowery. If we stay like that, even the addition of Ibaka will not save us in the playoff. Casey must go.

Comment

• Hey, but the Raptors still haven't lost a 4th quarter since the trade without JV.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            We can stop pretending that there is anything JV can do to get playing time, right? Or the ball. We can set that narrative aside now. It is not up to him or his performance.
                            I think many of us have been saying that for a long time now. That is why we advocated trading him to get full value out of him. Which we won't get now.

We might not even be able to peddle the "pair him with a defensive stretch 4" angle because we aren't even using it ourselves with one of the best in the game.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                              Let us confess that Casey is unable to use JV in the proper way. JV is a talented center, but the whole team is designed for both Derozan and Lowery. If we stay like that, even the addition of Ibaka will not save us in the playoff. Casey must go.
                              The people that voted for Lowery to be in the ASG were wise and falsely ridiculed.

Comment

• There's 15 players on this team. Personally I wanted a rim protector at the 5 and we got one. JV and Tucker played their roles tonight and many others didn't. More intrigued and interested by that.
                                The JV thing has been all season. I'm over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X