Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Did you not watch last season? Jose certainly is excellent at throwing the ally-oop. There was a misnomer earlier in his career that he couldn't do it, but it turned out that he couldn't do it to players who didn't want to or were unable to catch them. Once he got the players who could (DeRozan, Amir, Davis) he started throwing a lot of them.
    Honestly? Last season i watched the fewest games I have in a long time... my predetermined mindset must not have picked up on it. So I have to assume you are right, and in that case: Jose, I'm sorry.

Comment

Pretty sure Jerryd will start and play heavy minutes. He better start taking some Ally-oop throwing lessons from Jose.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Pretty sure Jerryd will start and play heavy minutes. He better start taking some Ally-oop throwing lessons from Jose.
        I"d rather he learn how to actually run a team first. I think that will help FAR more than learning to throw an ally-oop. Unfortunately that's the whole problem with PGs today. So few actually know the fundamentals of their position.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kabongo throwing up those alley-oops? That would be nice.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Kabongo throwing up those alley-oops? That would be nice.
            yes that would be quite nice.

Comment

I've never seen Kabongo play. I'm looking forward to some Texas games this year.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I've never seen Kabongo play. I'm looking forward to some Texas games this year.
                Anyone catch the other Canadian freshman PG in action last night? Kevin Pangos went off for 9 3's and 33 points leading Gonzaga over Washington. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDJgeqKaUwo
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  From what little I've seen, Kabongo is a real PG. He might be flashy, but he makes his teammates better and knows how to run an offense. That's why I like him better than Teague.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

It's early in the season but I think it's fair to say that Kabongo isn't the best point guard at U of Texas right now. That would be J'Covan Brown.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      It's early in the season but I think it's fair to say that Kabongo isn't the best point guard at U of Texas right now. That would be J'Covan Brown.
                      No doubt Brown had a great game against Boston.
                      But I think Brown and Kabongo play two totally different style games.
                      I see Brown becoming more in the mold of Jerryd Bayless, than Steve Nash. Which is who I see Kabongo modeling his game after.
                      Mind you, I'm still of the mind that Bayless can be a stellar PG in the NBA as well, so not meant as a slight to Brown by any means.

Comment

I'd say it's VERY early in the season.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Eurocup game 1 today, 5 pts, 8 boards, 27 min in the victory for Rytas

box
                          http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...98&gamecode=12

highlights

Comment

• Kleiza to join L. Rytas?

According to BTV (Baltic TV), Lietuvos Rytas might add to the roster Linas Kleiza. The Lithuanian forward is out since months due to a serious injury suffered last NBA season while he was playing with Toronto Raptors Sportando
                            Via HoopsHype.com

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Via HoopsHype.com
                              Very interesting.

The Raptors will have quite the fanbase in Lithuania!!

Comment

Give me Kabongo any day.

I think it was Andy Katz or Seth Davis at a Texas practice talking about Kabongo's leadership and chatter non-stop. Made reference to Brown being a junior but never said a peep during practice despite there being 6 freshmen. With 2 years NCAA experience in hand, at this point in time, no doubt Brown is a better player but long term I'd take Kabongo.

Comment

Working...
                                X