Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Not sure how safe it is to say JV wont be back, I mean, he does still have a contract. idk why its always extremes on this board. Perhaps the team, isn't suited well to give JV the best chance at individual success, and he has issues that hurt the team on defense sometimes? It doesn't have to be one or the other.
    +1

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Not sure how safe it is to say JV wont be back, I mean, he does still have a contract. idk why its always extremes on this board. Perhaps the team, isn't suited well to give JV the best chance at individual success, and he has issues that hurt the team on defense sometimes? It doesn't have to be one or the other.
      This is a level-headed post that I can agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Saw this on Reddit

https://hashtagbasketball.com/toront...tors-nba-draft

Comment

• [QUOTE=lewro;755364]Saw this on Reddit

[url]https://hashtagbasketball.com/toronto

I'm so sick and tired of watching the Raptors not be able to use JV effectively that I am now ready for them to trade him. A role player and a top 10-12 pick seems like a fair deal at this point.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            [QUOTE lewro;755364]Saw this on Reddit

[url]https://hashtagbasketball.com/toronto

I'm so sick and tired of watching the Raptors not be able to use JV effectively that I am now ready for them to trade him. A role player and a top 10-12 pick seems like a fair deal at this point.
            Yeah that's a very fair deal. If it's on the table, it needs to be taken

Comment

• I will post the deal here, in case people don't want to open the article.

JV + 27 for mkg + 11

The author of the article has been discussing the deal on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...unas_help_the/

Comment

• It's just some guy with a blog. Doesn't mean anything.

I don't think Charlotte would do that deal at all.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  It's just some guy with a blog. Doesn't mean anything.

You don't think Charlotte would do it? I don't think Toronto would do it.

You might as well just keep your own pick, play Powell more, and try to find a cheap SF in free agency or with your own pick in the draft.

MKG has had frequent injury issues, and is borderline useless offensively. The 11th pick is not high enough to warrant trading up while losing one of your best talents/assets as the pick could easily turn out to be a less valuable piece/talent. And please nobody talk about "how deep this draft is"...drafts are often a crapshoot even when they're hyped up like that. We also wouldn't really shed any salary, so we'd still be left with a similar tax bill.

Hard pass on this kind of deal.

Comment

It's just some guy with a blog. Doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, just for interest sake bc I was asking about jvs market here the other day. It's not news at all. I don't think Charlotte would do it either.

Comment

• [QUOTE=white men can't jump;755376]You don't think Charlotte would do it? I don't think Toronto would do it.

You might as well just keep your own pick, play Powell more, and try to find a cheap SF in free agency or with your own pick in the draft.

MKG has had frequent injury issues, and is borderline useless offensively. The 11th pick is not high enough to warrant trading up while losing one of your best talents/assets as the pick could easily turn out to be a less valuable piece/talent. And please nobody talk about "how deep this draft is"...drafts are often a crapshoot even when they're hyped up like that. We also wouldn't really shed any salary, so we'd still be left with a similar tax bill.

Hard pass on this kind of deal.[/QUOTE

Fair enough. I agree that if Toronto is trading JV they are probably trying to cut salary or bring back some shooting. This trade does neither.

I don't think Charlotte gives up there pick for a centre when they already have zeller and plumlee.

Comment

• They'd also have to play Kaminsky at pf which doesn't make sense to me on a full time basis bc theyre paying Williams. We'd probably have to send Carroll in exchange for plums.
                        Fyi in trade machine Charlotte is +5 wins and we are -6.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, just for interest sake bc I was asking about jvs market here the other day. It's not news at all. I don't think Charlotte would do it either.
                          Yea--If the idea is to cut salary I like the general concept of the story---JV and the 23rd pick to move up in the draft. The challenge is if the other team is close to the cap the salaries have to match so we end up taking a bad contract back.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            You don't think Charlotte would do it? I don't think Toronto would do it.

Hard pass on this kind of deal.
                            Fair enough. I agree that if Toronto is trading JV they are probably trying to cut salary or bring back some shooting. This trade does neither.

I don't think Charlotte gives up there pick for a centre when they already have zeller and plumlee.
                            Well JV is far better than either Zeller or Plumlee, so it would really depend on whether they could move one/both of those guys to make room, which could actually be pretty difficult. Other than that I don't think Charlotte would have any problems and would probably invite this kind of deal.

And if JV is going to be moved, there better be some hugely obvious benefit. Shedding salary doesn't help us re-sign our guys since we have bird rights anyway. So it's not something we have to do before the start of free agency (it would be more about saving tax dollars) as it wouldn't help us in free agency in really any way. And doing it at the draft is risky because if Ibaka decides to go elsewhere then we're completely fucked up front. So the way I see it, unless they get an offer they can't refuse (which I really don't think MKG+11th pick is), they don't need to trade him until after free agency starts, if at all.

And we may need shooting, but if we re-sign Ibaka and Tucker, there won't be a huge amount of minutes available for an added perimeter guy, even if we use more 4-out units and manage to dump Carroll. Tucker, DeMar and Powell would get a lot of minutes between them, and Casey likes using 2 PG lineups at times too. We almost need the shooting more at the 5, in which case we may as well see if JV can improve his range, which we know they're trying to get him to do.

Now, they may feel the need to trade JV, but I hope it's not in this type of scenario. The tax bill looks like it'll be an issue, but to me that's a deeper issue than if they want to save money they should trade JV. If they go over the tax by a lot they need to believe this team can win, and if they don't, then trading JV to save money is the least of our worries/problems.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              ...Now, they may feel the need to trade JV, but I hope it's not in this type of scenario. The tax bill looks like it'll be an issue, but to me that's a deeper issue than if they want to save money they should trade JV. If they go over the tax by a lot they need to believe this team can win, and if they don't, then trading JV to save money is the least of our worries/problems.
                              I'm just tired of watching JV roth on the bench. If the system can't make good use of him, then move him. If the Raps can get a pick at 11, they should be able to pick up a player who is contributing 20 - 25 minutes a game, if not more. Or make room for one of their young guys. I really like what JV brings, but what's the point of hanging on to him because he is talented, if the coach can't ensure that talent is put to use for the raptors. Get what you can and move on. If the Raps can do better than MKG and the 11th pick, I'm all for it.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                I'm just tired of watching JV roth on the bench. If the system can't make good use of him, then move him. If the Raps can get a pick at 11, they should be able to pick up a player who is contributing 20 - 25 minutes a game, if not more. Or make room for one of their young guys. I really like what JV brings, but what's the point of hanging on to him because he is talented, if the coach can't ensure that talent is put to use for the raptors. Get what you can and move on. If the Raps can do better than MKG and the 11th pick, I'm all for it.
                                Yeah, I agree with this. We should try to move carroll, cojo and bebe first but still field calls for JV and weigh those options imo.
                                I think there's a gap between the league's perceived value of JV and our fanbase (I'm guessing that's not a popular sentiment for some). That said, we don't know what's being discussed and masai is a wizard.
                                Hypothetically, if we got mkg, does that change the likelihood of resigning pj?

Comment

Working...
                                X