Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Obviously just a drinking game while getting blasted at Wasaga Beach again....
    I had the same joke in mind. If he had posted this before the Canada Day weekend I think there'd be potential for a JV-centric meme from this. Pity.

Just waiting on the first Zoidberg joke...(though after typing this I had make one myself on IG).

I'm sure The Score will do an instagram post based on this gif
    Last edited by Mess; Wed Jul 12, 2017, 11:57 AM.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• It looks like he's actually lost some weight in that Video. If he can get back to the PnR monster he was before (and actually get hit as the roll man) then it can unlock our offence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        It looks like he's actually lost some weight in that Video. If he can get back to the PnR monster he was before (and actually get hit as the roll man) then it can unlock our offence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Lol....that would involve our guards actually passing him on the roll. How much longer are people going to keep being hopeful of this? IT'S NEVER HAPPENING. It's been 3 years of the samn shite.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Poor little guy just wants to be loved...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Poor little guy just wants to be loved...

Damn.

JV's had plenty of reason to be frustrated the last few years as a young guy who had to have been hoping for a bigger role, he's generally kept his attitude in check. You really have to wonder if being publicly shopped like that for the first time affects him this next year.

I have to think he's permanently on the block now. A trade could happen at any time, maybe an uptick in probability at the deadline.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Damn.

JV's had plenty of reason to be frustrated the last few years as a young guy who had to have been hoping for a bigger role, he's generally kept his attitude in check. You really have to wonder if being publicly shopped like that for the first time affects him this next year.

I have to think he's permanently on the block now. A trade could happen at any time, maybe an uptick in probability at the deadline.
              Maybe his national coach shitting on him and the subsequent tarnishing of his rep could convince him to bring focus, energy and intensity to every game.

Maybe.
              Last edited by Mess; Mon Jul 17, 2017, 04:08 PM.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Is intensity an issue with JV? I don't see that.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Maybe his national coach shitting on him and the subsequent tarnishing of his rep could convince him to bring focus and intensity to every game.

Maybe.
                  JV was horrible last year. Lit coach had every right to go after him in my opinion.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Is intensity an issue with JV? I don't see that.
                    Exactly. Being more intense isn't going to make the guards hit him on the pick and roll.

Comment

• http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...t17vq8fd82u8ha

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...t17vq8fd82u8ha

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        It's the same old story. Yes, the Raptors would have preferred to shed JV's salary assuming there was going to be a good return for him. There was never going to be one, so since they were going to have to pay to shed him, they did so with Carroll instead.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Exactly. Being more intense isn't going to make the guards hit him on the pick and roll.
                          The other problem is he simply hasn't improved that much since he came into the league.

He's still the same old C using the most predictable pump fake in the league and the occasional jump hook. We would have hoped that he would have been able to become a better passer, increase his shooting range or have a much better variety of post moves. Instead he seems to have become content.

This next season will be JV's defining one. He either steps his game up offensively (forgetting about his inability to handle switches on the perimeter) or pretty much ensures that he will be a low paid role player after this contract.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            It's the same old story. Yes, the Raptors would have preferred to shed JV's salary assuming there was going to be a good return for him. There was never going to be one, so since they were going to have to pay to shed him, they did so with Carroll instead.
                            I do agree with the point that he hasn't really shown much improvement over the years. But he's still very young and big men do take time to develop as we all know. I know how much you love JV and I completely agree but I'm shocked at how much you want him on this team when we do not use him correctly. We literally just ask him to defend (which he isn't that good at) and rebound the ball. We give him like 2 post ups a game and we never use him in the pick and roll. To me on our team we don't use him to his strengths and that will not change as long as DD and Casey are here, so I don't know how good he will be for this team. Especially with how the NBA is going small.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              I do agree with the point that he hasn't really shown much improvement over the years. But he's still very young and big men do take time to develop as we all know. I know how much you love JV and I completely agree but I'm shocked at how much you want him on this team when we do not use him correctly. We literally just ask him to defend (which he isn't that good at) and rebound the ball. We give him like 2 post ups a game and we never use him in the pick and roll. To me on our team we don't use him to his strengths and that will not change as long as DD and Casey are here, so I don't know how good he will be for this team. Especially with how the NBA is going small.
                              Worst case scenario, it is better for a good player to be buried here than playing against us.

Best case scenario, they do actually eventually learn to use him in the PnR properly, while he develops his defensive IQ like most bigs do as they age, and earns more trust from Casey on that end.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Worst case scenario, it is better for a good player to be buried here than playing against us.

Best case scenario, they do actually eventually learn to use him in the PnR properly, while he develops his defensive IQ like most bigs do as they age, and earns more trust from Casey on that end.
                                This is very true. Because he would definitely be a much better player on a team that used him to his strengths. I know exactly how its going to play out. We will probably start the season actually moving the ball and getting guys involved more like JV but by mid season or right when things get tough or we go on a losing streak our main guys are going to go right back to ISO. If we actually move the ball for the whole season or at least majority of it I will be extremely surprised. I will try and enjoy the ball movement while it lasts but in the back of my head I know it won't keep up. Your best and worst case scenarios make complete sense though.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X