Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Seriously how old are you? I said "I belive" didn't say I was certain. Sorry for being 4 off the raps and 2 off the celtics. Point is both teams are below average rebounding teams. JV coming of the bench or starting isnt going to change that. I have life, so sorry if I don't know the raps stats by heart.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    it took someone like 3 minutes to dig up the correct numbers. but if you had bothered to do that you wouldn't have had a point to make.

    So instead, you pulled something out of your ass that would support your argument, knowing that an average person probably wouldn't bother to check. classic disinformation

    Unfortunately you did it on a sports fan forum, and if there's one thing forum fans love its stats.



    regarding your personal question: age doesn't matter so let's just say i'm 106.
    Last edited by KHD; Thu Jul 20th, 2017, 12:14 PM.

    Comment


    • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Casey mentioned in his presser that he wants to use JV as a post passer out of pick and roll situations. That's interesting especially if Jonas has been working on his passing. Seems like a job similar to what Mason Plumlee and Jokic do or even Green when he's playing the 5 for the Warriors.
      There are ways to create open threes aside from Spurs-like equitable ball movement, which include post-up bigs who demand doubles (or otherwise shift the defence), pick and rolls, and slashing guards with a drive & kick game. Those are all solid options and reasons this Raptors squad has always had good efficiency from three, they generate quality looks, they just don't get/take enough of them. Rather than hoping they change the entire offence to passing the ball 47 times every possession, I think we should just be hoping the use those basic plays to dish to open shooters more often rather than having the ball handler try to finish for himself so often.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • KHD wrote: View Post
        it took someone like 3 minutes to dig up the correct numbers. but if you had bothered to do that you wouldn't have had a point to make.

        So instead, you pulled something out of your ass that would support your argument, knowing that an average person probably wouldn't bother to check. classic disinformation

        Unfortunately you did it on a sports fan forum, and if there's one thing forum fans love its stats.



        regarding your personal question: age doesn't matter so let's just say i'm 106. you can make ad hominems all you like.
        I know this stuff makes your day. Congrats KHD you've proved me wrong. Enjoy.

        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I don't mind Lowry/DeRozan working in ISO, as long as it's done with a purpose, beyond just wasting time to get their own shot off. That is not a knock against the players, but rather the coach. There's no doubt that both players are highly skilled, and they've shown the ability to be highly effective catalysts for the offense and facilitators for their teammates. The Raptors just need to do more of that, which requires more x's & o's type coaching than Casey's "give it to Will" approach.
          Yep. There's actually nothing wrong with using P&R and isos to initialize the offense. I mean Houston (and Mike D'Antoni teams in general) does it on basically every possession. It's a matter of considering more options than just the ball-handler scoring when we run that play.

          Comment


          • I'm interested to see it, and won't believe it until then honestly simply because I've seen this team run the exact same style of offense for 4 years now. If that's how we're going to use JV with the starters then it makes sense to start him to me. If not then I'd rather he come off the bench.

            Comment


            • If they simply got out of the habit of having 5-6 consecutive possessions at the start the 4th quarter where DeMar brings the ball up, passes to no one, uses up 20 seconds of the clock and takes contested jumper - I think that would help.

              (maybe a little exaggerated but still...)
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Overall Boston was 27 ...Raps were 18...Raps a material 30% better. At 18 it makes them league average..not poor. Could they be better ..sure.
                Boston also traded or waived/renounced 3 of their top 5 rebounders in Bradley, Olynyk, Amir.
                Hayward will fill some of that void as will Baynes ...but it's going to be an issue for the Chowderheads.

                The trade of Bradley is going to bite hard. Really hard. Bradley gave them some of the best on ball perimeter defence league wide..39% 3 point shooting and believe it or not over 6 boards a game from box outs. That's not going to be replaced this year.

                Tatum is good but he is a rookie and his next pass may be his first. He makes DD look like John Stockton.
                Yeah Bradley is super under rated. Struck me that they had to choose between him and Thomas cause they couldnt play two guys under 6 ft 35 min a game, much less pay them next year. Guess it depends how much those two would make next offseason
                But thats a tough choice.

                I always thought the "Tatum is an iso scorer who isnt good team player" narrative was overblown. Hes a shot maker for sure, but I dont think he has bad bball iq or passing insticts, plus hes going to a team that will force him to expand as a playmaker, like his future. As any other raps player, i wonder how DD would have developed on the spurs.

                Comment


                • Koreen has a great article on JV at The Athletic. It's behind a paywall but I recommend subscribing it's great.

                  Comment


                  • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah Bradley is super under rated. Struck me that they had to choose between him and Thomas cause they couldnt play two guys under 6 ft 35 min a game, much less pay them next year. Guess it depends how much those two would make next offseason
                    But thats a tough choice.

                    I always thought the "Tatum is an iso scorer who isnt good team player" narrative was overblown. Hes a shot maker for sure, but I dont think he has bad bball iq or passing insticts, plus hes going to a team that will force him to expand as a playmaker, like his future. As any other raps player, i wonder how DD would have developed on the spurs.
                    Bradley's not under 6'0. He's 6'2.

                    Comment


                    • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Bradley's not under 6'0. He's 6'2.
                      thanks for the correction, point still stands though, two really short players.

                      Comment


                      • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        thanks for the correction, point still stands though, two really short players.
                        Height is overrated. Length/wignspan is more important.

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Height is overrated. Length/wignspan is more important.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          That's why we can likely get away with a 6'4" Powell as our starting SF, thanks to his 7'0" wingspan.

                          Comment


                          • Even though Powell is 6'4 with a 6'11 wingspan I still can't see him guarding 3s regularly. Wade and Wall have almost the same measurements and you wouldn't want either of them guarding SFs.

                            Comment


                            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              That's why we can likely get away with a 6'4" Powell as our starting SF, thanks to his 7'0" wingspan.
                              Exactly

                              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Even though Powell is 6'4 with a 6'11 wingspan I still can't see him guarding 3s regularly. Wade and Wall have almost the same measurements and you wouldn't want either of them guarding SFs.
                                He will do a better job than Carroll who has so called required height. Do really think 4 inches makes a difference? You dont contest shots with your forehead.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X