No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as he isn't afraid to use it, I'll be happy to see him shoot it. Who knows, maybe him shooting the 3 will allow him to get the ball more.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Haha, love it.

Now i got a profile picture !!! Thx

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
        Haha, love it.

Now i got a profile picture !!! Thx
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestr...nia-poland-len

JV with a 3-point play and a dunk on consecutive possessions.

Comment

• Ok, just finished my skype convo.

Basically, everybody connected to the national team in any sort of way was skeptical of the new head coach when initially announced by the federation.
            He's a young guy (43 years I think). But he has built a young team of assistant coaches around him and they decided to be "bold and modern". Now everybody is very excited.

So what did they mean with "bold and modern"?

They want to push the "Spurs style" and "GSW style" passing game to extremes when needed and be bold at other times and put out lineups where the smallest guy would be 6'6""... "It is all bout ball movement" and "...exploiting the greatest weakness of the opponent".

The bold part is also about adapting starting lineups... apparently they are ready to surprise their opponents with changing starting lineups. They don't want to react to opponents, they want to aggressively go at their weakness. If the opponent is tall and slow, they'll put the jets on and run&gun them out of the gym if that strategy makes sense. If the other team is fast and quick, they'll be ready to come out with "huge" lineups and play over their heads if they think it will give them the needed advantage to win the game.

But in any case, the key words are "team game", "ball movement", "open shots", "mixing it up", lots of pick & roll and secondary action. And the main difference historically - freedom for creativity. Apparently, usually the coaches implement plays and go strictly with the book. It's the first time they hear terms like "freedom" and "creativity" in this national team since forever.

I'll get back for another post later. Gotta leave a little.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
              Ok, just finished my skype convo.

Basically, everybody connected to the national team in any sort of way was skeptical of the new head coach when initially announced by the federation.
              He's a young guy (43 years I think). But he has built a young team of assistant coaches around him and they decided to be "bold and modern". Now everybody is very excited.

So what did they mean with "bold and modern"?

They want to push the "Spurs style" and "GSW style" passing game to extremes when needed and be bold at other times and put out lineups where the smallest guy would be 6'6""... "It is all bout ball movement" and "...exploiting the greatest weakness of the opponent".

The bold part is also about adapting starting lineups... apparently they are ready to surprise their opponents with changing starting lineups. They don't want to react to opponents, they want to aggressively go at their weakness. If the opponent is tall and slow, they'll put the jets on and run&gun them out of the gym if that strategy makes sense. If the other team is fast and quick, they'll be ready to come out with "huge" lineups and play over their heads if they think it will give them the needed advantage to win the game.

But in any case, the key words are "team game", "ball movement", "open shots", "mixing it up", lots of pick & roll and secondary action. And the main difference historically - freedom for creativity. Apparently, usually the coaches implement plays and go strictly with the book. It's the first time they hear terms like "freedom" and "creativity" in this national team since forever.

I'll get back for another post later. Gotta leave a little.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• anyone see JV's number? screen is a bit fuzzy

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  anyone see JV's number? screen is a bit fuzzy
                  He's on the bench

Looks like Lithuania changed their coach

Comment

He's on the bench

Looks like Lithuania changed their coach
                    Figured that....everyone was moving pretty fast. Just wondering what it was for when (if?) he returns. Thx

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Figured that....everyone was moving pretty fast. Just wondering what it was for when (if?) he returns. Thx
                      Number 17

He's on the floor right now. JV looked lost on first poss

Comment

Number 17

He's on the floor right now. JV looked lost on first poss
                        Great.. he's gonna have a horrible season
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yo this team sucks,

Comment

• Where's LTU PG? That fast, aggressive dude?

Comment

Where's LTU PG? That fast, aggressive dude?
                              Sitting this one out. Half of the statting lineup is out...

Comment

• Jonas finished with 14pts/13reb

Comment

Working...
                                X