No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's nice that JV is dominating on players that arent in the league but, his offence was never the problem. Him playing average D on much slower guards doesn't really make me feel that confident when it comes to translating to the NBA.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

That said, I don't like that idea either. JV should come out early so he can get minutes with the Lowry lineup away from DD.
      I think the big benefit with having JV come off the bench is you get to maximize the amount of time JV gets to play away from DD in total. The team fares better when they're apart.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        JV's hairstyle is a crime against humanity.
        Not hot & fuzzy enough for you? ......... .......... ......... Too hot and fuzzy?

Comment

• Shaolin... I reaaaaaaally can't express how much I pray JV makes you eat a hat of your own possession this year.

(I mean, DanH has continually used every possible argument and countless well applied situational stats to express himself to perfection -- so even if I could express it... what difference would it make.)

Comment

• JV just looking dominant out there. We're right on the cusp of having 5 Pistons+ calibre star-players out there in the starting lineup.

Comment

• Lauri Markannen is also looking dominant out there and he's a rookie. I mean it's FIBA ball. That's basically designed for JV. Even if you look at the way they play defense, they don't even have to hedge or double up on pick and roll plays because the guards aren't dangerous enough.

Comment

• Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  I think the big benefit with having JV come off the bench is you get to maximize the amount of time JV gets to play away from DD in total. The team fares better when they're apart.
                  DeMar plays as many minutes with the bench as Lowry does. Like, half of the bench minutes would be with DeMar. I'm saying instead of using those half of bench minutes with the DD bench, JV should get those minutes with the starters, saving Poeltl/Ibaka from dealing with starting C's so often, and giving the team the best chance to start the game well. While avoiding playing DD-JV units without Lowry (who is really good and makes that pairing more viable). And the other half of the bench minutes, with Lowry, yeah, JV should definitely get those (especially since Poeltl didn't really mesh with Lowry bench units last year, though he did well with the DD bench units and transitional lineups beside Ibaka).

I'm completely on board with JV getting as many minutes away from DeMar as possible, and vice versa. But given DeMar plays about 36 MPG, that means 12 minutes max. Which would be the first 6 minutes of the 2nd and 4th Q's, with the Lowry and bench unit. Wherever JV gets the rest of his minutes, it will be beside DeMar. So him coming off the bench instead of starting would make literally zero difference in how much he plays with DeMar, if done correctly.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    JV just looking dominant out there. We're right on the cusp of having 5 Pistons+ calibre star-players out there in the starting lineup.
                    I don't think that championship Pistons team would be able to handle the top teams in the NBA now days. Which is the issue we have.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Nah I don't like that idea. Works better with JV as a 6th man than starting. Not enough usage to go around considering only Lowry is a good spot-up shooter out of those 4. We're not the Warriors.

Part of the problem is that JV isn't actually that good, which is why you'd want him as a 6th man not a primary offensive option in the starting unit as well. It's not like I want him carrying our offense. I want him feasting on inferior players on other team's benches.
                      How does being the 3rd/4th/5th option in the starting lineup carry more scoring responsibility than the 6th man role, which it typically reserved for a one-dimensional, reliable bench scorer?

I think starting and then co-leading the Lowry/JV bench brigade is the most effective way to utilize JV, and roughly half his time would be exactly what you want (while also avoiding the horrendous DeRozan/JV bench unit).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        How does being the 3rd/4th/5th option in the starting lineup carry more scoring responsibility than the 6th man role, which it typically reserved for a one-dimensional, reliable bench scorer?

I think starting and then co-leading the Lowry/JV bench brigade is the most effective way to utilize JV, and roughly half his time would be exactly what you want (while also avoiding the horrendous DeRozan/JV bench unit).
                        Ask Lou Williams. Who had a bigger offensive role than him besides DeMar and Lowry when he was here?

Comment

• Anyway. If the plan isn't to bring him off the pine and figure out how to harness his offensive abilities without being weighed down by him defensively, he needs to be traded. So I think I'm back in the trade JV camp until we start using him properly.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            Ask Lou Williams. Who had a bigger offensive role than him besides DeMar and Lowry when he was here?
                            Yes, that's my point exactly. On one hand you suggest that you don't want JV carrying lofty scoring expectations, but on the other hand you want him to become the team's 6th man. That doesn't add up.

Let him split his time between the starters (less scoring, more supportive role - setting picks and getting rebounds) and the Lowry/JV bench unit (no DeRozan, more scoring, still rebound).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Yes, that's my point exactly. On one hand you suggest that you don't want JV carrying lofty scoring expectations, but on the other hand you want him to become the team's 6th man. That doesn't add up.

Let him split his time between the starters (less scoring, more supportive role - setting picks and getting rebounds) and the Lowry/JV bench unit (no DeRozan, more scoring, still rebound).
                              You're really misinterpreting what I've said cause that's not the argument I've been making mate.

Comment

• This has now flipped into a DeMar is holding JV back narrative.

Comment

Working...
                                X