Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I personally just think they are just trying to raise JV's value. They know they have to trade him in 2018.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Why again do they have to trade him? Is this franchise so poor that they can't afford to be 10M in the tax for the best team they've ever put together, at a time when the opportunity to get to the finals may be the best it will ever be?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Why again do they have to trade him? Is this franchise so poor that they can't afford to be 10M in the tax for the best team they've ever put together, at a time when the opportunity to get to the finals may be the best it will ever be?
      How have our chances to get to get the finals gotten better from last year? They still don't have enough to beat the cavs and JV would probably get benched with Love starting at Center now.
      @Chr1st1anL

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Why again do they have to trade him? Is this franchise so poor that they can't afford to be 10M in the tax for the best team they've ever put together, at a time when the opportunity to get to the finals may be the best it will ever be?
        How have our chances to get to get the finals gotten better from last year? They still don't have enough to beat the cavs and JV would probably get benched with Love starting at Center now.
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • Scraptor wrote: View Post
          "Jonas, as a reward, you now get 27 minutes instead of 26."
          One actual reward is that he doesn't get to post up


          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            How have our chances to get to get the finals gotten better from last year? They still don't have enough to beat the cavs and JV would probably get benched with Love starting at Center now.
            This year they haven't. But I obviously wasn't talking about this year. We aren't 10M in the tax this year either.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              One actual reward is that he doesn't get to post up


              I actually agree with this approach. The team doesn't seem capable of running a functional post-up play. Even when they do get the ball to JV when they should, everyone just stands and watches.

              In any case, JV's elite skill is not as a post man (he's very good in the post and that's useful at times) but as a fairly unstoppable roll man. Developing his playmaking on the roll gives him one more tool to threaten defences with, and should get him more passes on the roll as even when teams load up on it, he'll be able to make them pay (in theory) with a swing pass to the corner for a three, or hit a cutter. It all comes down to execution of course, but any strategy that moves the team towards JV getting the ball on the move towards the paint, rather than stationary, is a good one IMO. Never mind the benefits if he can leverage his shooting into a real mid range threat, which would open up triple threat options for him in pop and short roll actions.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                I actually agree with this approach. The team doesn't seem capable of running a functional post-up play. Even when they do get the ball to JV when they should, everyone just stands and watches.

                In any case, JV's elite skill is not as a post man (he's very good in the post and that's useful at times) but as a fairly unstoppable roll man. Developing his playmaking on the roll gives him one more tool to threaten defences with, and should get him more passes on the roll as even when teams load up on it, he'll be able to make them pay (in theory) with a swing pass to the corner for a three, or hit a cutter. It all comes down to execution of course, but any strategy that moves the team towards JV getting the ball on the move towards the paint, rather than stationary, is a good one IMO. Never mind the benefits if he can leverage his shooting into a real mid range threat, which would open up triple threat options for him in pop and short roll actions.
                'This professional basketball team cannot do something a professional basketball team should be able to do, therefore they shouldn't even try.' I just go back to something like the Maker matchup vs. the Bucks - if they had anything like a functional post-up element to their offence, they run Maker off the floor as a starter, and force the Bucks to change their gameplan and adjust to us, rather than vice versa (which is what always, always happens). It should at least be there as an option, imo.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

                Comment


                • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  'This professional basketball team cannot do something a professional basketball team should be able to do, therefore they shouldn't even try.' I just go back to something like the Maker matchup vs. the Bucks - if they had anything like a functional post-up element to their offence, they run Maker off the floor as a starter, and force the Bucks to change their gameplan and adjust to us, rather than vice versa (which is what always, always happens). It should at least be there as an option, imo.
                  Hey, I like the way you think, but just like I've given up on advocating for fewer Lowry minutes, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

                  That said, hitting JV more on the roll and having more cut actions around that option would have been effective against the Bucks as well. There's more than one way to skin a cat, as some coaches might tell you.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Is this real?


                    Comment


                    • tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Is this real?


                      WojBomb imminent.

                      Comment


                      • Loving the glowing reviews of JV. Should be a big season from him.

                        Comment


                        • He's the 5th option if Powell starts.

                          Comment


                          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            He's the 5th option if Powell starts.
                            There's no pecking order after DD/KL/Serge

                            Comment


                            • Lol this isn't the first offseason we've heard that one

                              File this under "I'll believe it when I see it"
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • tDotted wrote: View Post
                                There's no pecking order after DD/KL/Serge
                                Frankly there shouldn't be after DD/KL. Everyone else feeds off the looks the defence gives up to stop the first two.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X