• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    There's no pecking order after DD/KL/Serge
    JV is better on offence than Serge.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      JV is better on offence than Serge.
      Hey, I don't make the decisions for this team, I just call it like I see it. You're talking to the wrong guy

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I personally just think they are just trying to raise JV's value. They know they have to trade him in 2018.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        You are confusing what you really really want to to happen, with what actually needs to happen
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Hey, I don't make the decisions for this team, I just call it like I see it. You're talking to the wrong guy
          I'm not sure that we're going to see Serge be higher on the pecking order than JV. I think we'll see him hunt for his shots more aggressively, but that isn't the same thing.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You are confusing what you really really want to to happen, with what actually needs to happen
            Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.

they paid the guy 20M because he can shoot it from outside and play defence at the PF spot while playing smallball 5 in spot situations.

All this speculation about Ibaka moving to the 5 full-time is total BS unless he improves his rebound rate by 50% or so, based on who else we have on this roster.

On the other hand based on this pre-season, JV looks more physically capable of playing PF than Ibaka does, lol.

Comment

This is pretty much the exact opposite of the sentiment you've held for many years, where players had to completely play off of Demar's strengths and weaknesses rather than be used to his own.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Also, I really enjoy that us paying Ibaka just over 20M is indicative that we are building the team around his ideal usage, but paying JV 16M is some chump change indicating that we don't care whether he is used properly or not. Wondering where that line is.

I think a more realistic reasoning for signing Ibaka for just over 20M is we finally have a freaking PF and we wanted to keep it that way.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Again you're letting your anti jv hate cloud reality.

Masai didn't WANT jv gone. If he did, he'd be gone. He was being shopped during our cap crunch this summer yes this is true, this is also called due diligence by team management. In the end, there wasn't equal trade value coming back, in fact so much so that he chose to pay a first round pick to dump carroll rather than trade jv for a return. That alone should tell you that jv is still valued.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      they paid the guy 20M because he can shoot it from outside and play defence at the PF spot while playing smallball 5 in spot situations.

All this speculation about Ibaka moving to the 5 full-time is total BS unless he improves his rebound rate by 50% or so, based on who else we have on this roster.

On the other hand based on this pre-season, JV looks more physically capable of playing PF than Ibaka does, lol.
                      Every line up with him at C rebounded very well. It's not speculation Ibaka himself says he prefers to play C. If Ibaka believe he can play C than I'll take his opinion over yours

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Every line up with him at C rebounded very well. It's not speculation Ibaka himself says he prefers to play C. If Ibaka believe he can play C than I'll take his opinion over yours

Ah the classic end to every christianL debate.

"Kyrie irving actually plays in the nba so if he says the earth is flat I'll take his opinion over yours"

Comment

Again you're letting your anti jv hate cloud reality.

Masai didn't WANT jv gone. If he did, he'd be gone. He was being shopped during our cap crunch this summer yes this is true, this is also called due diligence by team management. In the end, there wasn't equal trade value coming back, in fact so much so that he chose to pay a first round pick to dump carroll rather than trade jv for a return. That alone should tell you that jv is still valued.
                          So we just sign Powell to an extension. You don't think JV will be shopped again to clear cap space? Your letting your love for JV cloud your judgement.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Oct 10, 2017, 02:20 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So we just sign Powell to an extension. You don't think JV will be shopped again to clear cap space?

I believe he will be shopped, and dealt only if the team gets a piece to help improve, not just guaranteed dumped for cap space which you indicate. Pretty big difference there.

I also believe if OG proves he can shoot and play meaningful minutes than cj miles is the piece to go for payroll purposes, he's basically a stop gap/insurance policy for our current question mark at the 3 spot

Comment

I believe he will be shopped, and dealt only if the team gets a piece to help improve, not just guaranteed dumped for cap space which you indicate. Pretty big difference there.

I also believe if OG proves he can shoot and play meaningful minutes than cj miles is the piece to go for payroll purposes, he's basically a stop gap/insurance policy for our current question mark at the 3 spot
                              I never said trade him for nothing. The guys was the 5th overall pick and is a solid starter. That's why I said they are trying to improve his value. I also don't think Masai will be looking for that much money coming back. If someone offers a 1st round pick I think Masai will jumps at it.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Also, I really enjoy that us paying Ibaka just over 20M is indicative that we are building the team around his ideal usage, but paying JV 16M is some chump change indicating that we don't care whether he is used properly or not. Wondering where that line is.

I think a more realistic reasoning for signing Ibaka for just over 20M is we finally have a freaking PF and we wanted to keep it that way.
                                the line is a wengeresque "JV's contract + $1".

Comment

Working...
                                X