Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tDotted wrote: View Post
    There's no pecking order after DD/KL/Serge
    JV is better on offence than Serge.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      JV is better on offence than Serge.
      Hey, I don't make the decisions for this team, I just call it like I see it. You're talking to the wrong guy

      Comment


      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I personally just think they are just trying to raise JV's value. They know they have to trade him in 2018.

        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        You are confusing what you really really want to to happen, with what actually needs to happen
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • tDotted wrote: View Post
          Hey, I don't make the decisions for this team, I just call it like I see it. You're talking to the wrong guy
          I'm not sure that we're going to see Serge be higher on the pecking order than JV. I think we'll see him hunt for his shots more aggressively, but that isn't the same thing.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You are confusing what you really really want to to happen, with what actually needs to happen
            Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.

              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              they paid the guy 20M because he can shoot it from outside and play defence at the PF spot while playing smallball 5 in spot situations.

              All this speculation about Ibaka moving to the 5 full-time is total BS unless he improves his rebound rate by 50% or so, based on who else we have on this roster.



              On the other hand based on this pre-season, JV looks more physically capable of playing PF than Ibaka does, lol.

              Comment


              • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.
                This is pretty much the exact opposite of the sentiment you've held for many years, where players had to completely play off of Demar's strengths and weaknesses rather than be used to his own.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                Comment


                • Also, I really enjoy that us paying Ibaka just over 20M is indicative that we are building the team around his ideal usage, but paying JV 16M is some chump change indicating that we don't care whether he is used properly or not. Wondering where that line is.

                  I think a more realistic reasoning for signing Ibaka for just over 20M is we finally have a freaking PF and we wanted to keep it that way.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Well Masai wanted it to happen too. Sorry if I want the guy who we just paid 20 mil to play to his strength.

                    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    Again you're letting your anti jv hate cloud reality.

                    Masai didn't WANT jv gone. If he did, he'd be gone. He was being shopped during our cap crunch this summer yes this is true, this is also called due diligence by team management. In the end, there wasn't equal trade value coming back, in fact so much so that he chose to pay a first round pick to dump carroll rather than trade jv for a return. That alone should tell you that jv is still valued.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • KHD wrote: View Post
                      they paid the guy 20M because he can shoot it from outside and play defence at the PF spot while playing smallball 5 in spot situations.

                      All this speculation about Ibaka moving to the 5 full-time is total BS unless he improves his rebound rate by 50% or so, based on who else we have on this roster.



                      On the other hand based on this pre-season, JV looks more physically capable of playing PF than Ibaka does, lol.
                      Every line up with him at C rebounded very well. It's not speculation Ibaka himself says he prefers to play C. If Ibaka believe he can play C than I'll take his opinion over yours

                      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

                      Comment


                      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Every line up with him at C rebounded very well. It's not speculation Ibaka himself says he prefers to play C. If Ibaka believe he can play C than I'll take his opinion over yours

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        Ah the classic end to every christianL debate.

                        "Kyrie irving actually plays in the nba so if he says the earth is flat I'll take his opinion over yours"
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Again you're letting your anti jv hate cloud reality.

                          Masai didn't WANT jv gone. If he did, he'd be gone. He was being shopped during our cap crunch this summer yes this is true, this is also called due diligence by team management. In the end, there wasn't equal trade value coming back, in fact so much so that he chose to pay a first round pick to dump carroll rather than trade jv for a return. That alone should tell you that jv is still valued.
                          So we just sign Powell to an extension. You don't think JV will be shopped again to clear cap space? Your letting your love for JV cloud your judgement.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Oct 10th, 2017, 03:20 PM.
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            So we just sign Powell to an extension. You don't think JV will be shopped again to clear cap space?

                            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            I believe he will be shopped, and dealt only if the team gets a piece to help improve, not just guaranteed dumped for cap space which you indicate. Pretty big difference there.

                            I also believe if OG proves he can shoot and play meaningful minutes than cj miles is the piece to go for payroll purposes, he's basically a stop gap/insurance policy for our current question mark at the 3 spot
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I believe he will be shopped, and dealt only if the team gets a piece to help improve, not just guaranteed dumped for cap space which you indicate. Pretty big difference there.

                              I also believe if OG proves he can shoot and play meaningful minutes than cj miles is the piece to go for payroll purposes, he's basically a stop gap/insurance policy for our current question mark at the 3 spot
                              I never said trade him for nothing. The guys was the 5th overall pick and is a solid starter. That's why I said they are trying to improve his value. I also don't think Masai will be looking for that much money coming back. If someone offers a 1st round pick I think Masai will jumps at it.

                              Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Also, I really enjoy that us paying Ibaka just over 20M is indicative that we are building the team around his ideal usage, but paying JV 16M is some chump change indicating that we don't care whether he is used properly or not. Wondering where that line is.

                                I think a more realistic reasoning for signing Ibaka for just over 20M is we finally have a freaking PF and we wanted to keep it that way.
                                the line is a wengeresque "JV's contract + $1".

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X