Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • People are talking like the point of trading for Vuc or Chandler is to improve the roster...

    The point is MLSE will force it, to stay under the luxury tax (as they did with Carroll to the point of wasting a 1st) just so they can continue record profits from our organization.

    $$$ is the point of those trades, they each shed a year of salary, MLSE doesn't care if Chandler is 25 or 45.

    Comment


    • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      People are talking like the point of trading for Vuc or Chandler is to improve the roster...

      The point is MLSE will force it, to stay under the luxury tax (as they did with Carroll to the point of wasting a 1st) just so they can continue record profits from our organization.

      $$$ is the point of those trades, they each shed a year of salary, MLSE doesn't care if Chandler is 25 or 45.
      They both have 2 guaranteed years left though, just like JV.

      Comment


      • Chandler has a worse contract than JV considering he isn't even a good player anymore. The only way I entertain that deal is if Chriss gets involved and maybe they get Bebe or Bruno as well. Which would never happen imo.

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Vucevic is literally a poor man's JV. Like same type of player just not as good. Why the FUCK would we want him?

          Chandler isn't good anymore. 4-5 years ago I do that, not now.
          Vuc is much more polished offensively.

          Comment


          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            They both have 2 guaranteed years left though, just like JV.
            Yeah, but the cost per year is less.. could save about $4M a year for either C which I think was Lowe's point. Personally think it would be foolish to trade JV for a guy like Chandler of Vucevic.

            Would prefer to give up CJ Miles next year if the tax was truly an issue and JV had no trade market.

            Comment


            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Vuc is much more polished offensively.
              A bit more polished...mostly has more range on his shot....he's also softer than cotton candy on both ends and a malcontent when he doesn't get to chuck.

              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Vucevic is literally a poor man's JV. Like same type of player just not as good. Why the FUCK would we want him?

                Chandler isn't good anymore. 4-5 years ago I do that, not now.
                I agree but keep in mind the headline of the article is "crazy predictions" or something like that. The point would clearly be to save money. Perhaps do what you suggested in another thread and start Serge Ibaka at C, at which point paying $16 mill and paying the tax for a backup C would not make sense.

                I don't agree with the trade idea either. But that would be the reason in my view..not a basketball reason.

                Comment


                • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  A bit more polished...mostly has more range on his shot....he's also softer than cotton candy on both ends and a malcontent when he doesn't get to chuck.

                  Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                  Yeah if people dont like jvs defense they would have a bad day watching a slower, softer center who rarely tries on defense.

                  Comment


                  • Just give up miles? OG looks like he'll be ready for major minutes next year..always looked at him as a stop gap anyways so don't see an issue. Heck Miles could play his way into getting us a first round pick this year
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Just give up miles? OG looks like he'll be ready for major minutes next year..always looked at him as a stop gap anyways so don't see an issue. Heck Miles could play his way into getting us a first round pick this year
                      Well if the goal is supposedly to win, to play at a faster pace and have more flexibility to play small, we cannot trade Miles at any point this year without having a plan to replace him in the rotation.

                      We are not that deep, and OG has the size to play small ball PF. Miles doesn't. Neither does anyone else on the roster other than Bruno, who looks like he's still nowhere close to getting it. There are more than enough minutes for everybody who is worth giving minutes to, and OG is so far the favourite to strengthen our frontcourt as a solid 3-4 with size. And Miles is our best bet as a knockdown shooter.

                      Basically, if things go well, I see our rotation as:

                      Bigs: JV, Ibaka, Poeltl
                      Wings: DeMar, Powell, Miles, OG
                      PGs: Lowry, Wright

                      Those 8 guys should play every night if Powell and OG are able to fill their roles adequately. FVV can play spot minutes as an extra backcourt player. Siakam is a mess on the court. He is fast end to end but there's not much else to like about his game, and he will probably get spot minutes with our lack of PF depth behind Ibaka. Bebe is injury/foul insurance behind the other bigs. Don't expect anyone else will regularly see the floor at all.

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Well if the goal is supposedly to win, to play at a faster pace and have more flexibility to play small, we cannot trade Miles at any point this year without having a plan to replace him in the rotation.

                        We are not that deep, and OG has the size to play small ball PF. Miles doesn't. Neither does anyone else on the roster other than Bruno, who looks like he's still nowhere close to getting it. There are more than enough minutes for everybody who is worth giving minutes to, and OG is so far the favourite to strengthen our frontcourt as a solid 3-4 with size. And Miles is our best bet as a knockdown shooter.

                        Basically, if things go well, I see our rotation as:

                        Bigs: JV, Ibaka, Poeltl
                        Wings: DeMar, Powell, Miles, OG
                        PGs: Lowry, Wright

                        Those 8 guys should play every night if Powell and OG are able to fill their roles adequately. FVV can play spot minutes as an extra backcourt player. Siakam is a mess on the court. He is fast end to end but there's not much else to like about his game, and he will probably get spot minutes with our lack of PF depth behind Ibaka. Bebe is injury/foul insurance behind the other bigs. Don't expect anyone else will regularly see the floor at all.
                        Agreed, I'm talking about trading miles in the 2018 offseason if the raptors don't want to be in the tax, rather than JV
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • Masai is not going to get rid of CJ to keep JV. You just don't do that in 2017. Pace and space era.

                          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Agreed, I'm talking about trading miles in the 2018 offseason if the raptors don't want to be in the tax, rather than JV
                            Ah ok, for some reason when I read "getting us a first round pick this year" I thought you may have meant during the season.

                            I'm not sure you could get that return for him after the season. The most likely team to want him and pay that price is a team competing now who wants to add shooting for a run going into the playoffs. Otherwise for a role player/shooter like him I feel like teams will not feel compelled to trade a pick when they could chase a similar player in free agency. They'll probably value the pick more.

                            Comment


                            • I don't like the idea of giving up any key rotation player just to avoid the fucking tax.

                              MLSE needs to stop fucking cheaping out and pay up. I'm sick of hearing this cost-cutting bullshit. If we have a 3 year window, then fucking pay the FUCK up to maximize that damn window.

                              Idk how so many people are actually ok with this shit. Aren't most of you on Bell or Rogers service? Have you seen how much they're charging you a month? They have a fucking duopoly in this country, and it's out of the question for them to pay the luxury tax so that we can at least stack the depth of our roster as much as possible and have options? Instead of moving assets just to save money and not having picks to trade?

                              Fuck that. Excuse my language, but this is something that genuinely pisses me off in sports. People get so mad when players want to get paid, but they don't say a fucking word when organizations are looking for any way to weasel out of spending what's necessary to put the best product on the floor.

                              Comment


                              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                I don't like the idea of giving up any key rotation player just to avoid the fucking tax.

                                MLSE needs to stop fucking cheaping out and pay up. I'm sick of hearing this cost-cutting bullshit. If we have a 3 year window, then fucking pay the FUCK up to maximize that damn window.

                                Idk how so many people are actually ok with this shit. Aren't most of you on Bell or Rogers service? Have you seen how much they're charging you a month? They have a fucking duopoly in this country, and it's out of the question for them to pay the luxury tax so that we can at least stack the depth of our roster as much as possible and have options? Instead of moving assets just to save money and not having picks to trade?

                                Fuck that. Excuse my language, but this is something that genuinely pisses me off in sports. People get so mad when players want to get paid, but they don't say a fucking word when organizations are looking for any way to weasel out of spending what's necessary to put the best product on the floor.
                                It's looking more and more like MLSE told Masai he can keep this core but, just don't go into the tax. I don't believe what Masai said about them telling him he can do what ever he wants. It sucks but, that's the name of the game.

                                Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X