Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Y'all really think they drafted Yak to be a career backup?

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    I think they drafted Yak to be the long term starter. Which will be his job once JV leaves in 2-3 years in all likelihood, assuming his development continues along the current trajectory.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Because Yak would be cheaper and the better two way player. We all know Ross was the better offensive player between him and Powell. Powell was the better two way player and cheaper.

      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Well I disagree that Poeltl is the better two-way player. The cheap bit doesn't matter so much. And Powell is no cheaper than Ross come this summer - the difference is Powell is better than Ross, so they kept the better player. Plus they had the opportunity to leverage Ross (and picks) into Ibaka - no such deal is likely for JV. Since Poeltl is cheap - why not keep both? That's probably the plan.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Well I disagree that Poeltl is the better two-way player. The cheap bit doesn't matter so much. And Powell is no cheaper than Ross come this summer - the difference is Powell is better than Ross, so they kept the better player. Plus they had the opportunity to leverage Ross (and picks) into Ibaka - no such deal is likely for JV. Since Poeltl is cheap - why not keep both? That's probably the plan.
        Thats obviously not plan since they tried to trade him this summer. Just didn't get the value they wanted. Were going to have agree to disagree cause I think Yak is the better two way player. Yak is best two way center on this team IMO.

        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

        Comment


        • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          What Gobert arguement? My whole arguement is that Chandler is still a good player. Your arguement was that Chandler didn't make Suns better defensive team so he sucks. Well PJ couldnt either and look what he did to our young team. If you think management, culture and coaching doesn't play apart in than you obviously didnt pay attention when Ibaka/PJ came here and made a difference. When they couldn't do it for the teams they were on prior to getting here.

          Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          A modern, mobile rim-protecting center has a much bigger impact on defense than a perimeter defender. You've made that argument a million times to support getting rid of JV and keeping Biz, because he was a better fit with a poor perimeter defenders like DeMar (and Kyle these days). Gobert proves that he can elevate a team that "should be" poor defensively.

          Chandler used to be able to do that, but he's a shadow of his former self. He needs to be elite defensively because he doesn't bring anything else. So the point is obvious. Why bother?
          Last edited by golden; Wed Oct 25th, 2017, 01:28 PM.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            A modern, mobile rim-protecting center has a much bigger impact on defense than a perimeter defender. You've made that argument a million times to support getting rid of JV and keeping Biz, because he was a better fit with a poor perimeter defenders like DeMar (and Kyle these days). Gobert proves that he can elevate a team that "should be" poor defensively.

            Chandler used to be able to do that, but he's a shadow of his former self. He needs to be elite defensively because he doesn't bring anything else. So the point is obvious. Why bother?
            That is true. Why is Ibaka having more impact here compared to Orlando? Same thing goes with Biz. Situation matters man. Every player that has left PHX has gotten better. Dragic, IT, Morris, PJ. Same will happen once Bledsoe is traded.

            Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Oct 25th, 2017, 01:45 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

            Comment


            • Really could have used JV and his rebounding against the Spurs.

              Comment


              • Because we've mortgaged our assets it makes no sense to trade JV unless we are fleecing someone, basically.

                Unless the team continues to cheap out and try to avoid the tax.

                Comment


                • Lol the last 3 pages of this thread is basically Chris1an finding any way possible of getting rid of Valanciunas
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • Trading jv for the corpse of chandler is piss poor asset management

                    Comment


                    • Cuban passed on paying Chandler in 2011 AFTER they won a championship and somehow we are here talking about trading for him using our 26 yr old young centre to lead us to the promise land 6!! Years later. Christian you a hating ass boy.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • Nvm rebounding isn't the biggest problem. Would trade JV to address the lack of shooting. JV's value is way too low to get an ideal shooter though. The only shooter that JV could probably fetch right now is Mirotic probably.

                        Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Oct 26th, 2017, 03:57 AM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

                        Comment


                        • Can't get enough of this "JV value is way too low" BS it's so bad it's cringe-worthy. When some of you guys will pull the head out of your arse and realize that his contract, is small compared to what he brings to the team. Guys like Reddick get paid 22 million a year. Mozgov, Fournier and dozen of other arguably worse players get's as much as JV does. 15 million is the new standard for average salary. His value isn't low, if anything it's the team who doesn't play him to his strengths to advertise him and then sell high, he's not overpaid even with the poop role he had in the last seasons and ain't complaining about that. What's the point to continue this pointless discussion anyways? There's always going to be something wrong for some of you guys with his game even when he was one of the best starters prior injury.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                          Comment


                          • I think the low value being discussed is his trade value, which I agree is low relative to his actual value to the team, due to the odd valuations of bigger players in the league right now.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              I think the low value being discussed is his trade value, which I agree is low relative to his actual value to the team, due to the odd valuations of bigger players in the league right now.
                              Fill me in please, then why he needs to be so urgently traded/why it's being discussed so much these last months?
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

                              Comment


                              • RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                Fill me in please, then why he needs to be so urgently traded/why it's being discussed so much these last months?
                                Some people just despise him being on the team.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X