No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder that JV is like a week older than Delon and a year older than Powell. I know he has been in the league a lot longer, but the idea that those two are the future and JV can't be part of the Raptors core in 3 years is a bit far-fetched.

Comment

• Chr1s1an makes Skip Bayless look like Socrates.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        i mean hey i guess it's arguably a step up from wanting to trade him for Chandler, or Motiejunas, or Thaddeus Young, or whoever else was the "JV trade flavour of the month" for Christian before that.
        DMo isn't even in the league anymore lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Reminder that JV is like a week older than Delon and a year older than Powell. I know he has been in the league a lot longer, but the idea that those two are the future and JV can't be part of the Raptors core in 3 years is a bit far-fetched.
          It's more the change in the way the game is played (ie/ speed/pace) that makes it unlikely he will be.

Delon and Norm have very good quickness, in particular lateral speed that JV severely lacks and where it was quite noticeable the difference it made with Yak these past couple of games in our ability to contain the perimeter more effectively on the switch.

Comment

• JV looks ok here

Comment

• Jonas gets 23 points and 15 rebounds in the first game and people want to trade him for scrubs like Mirotic lmao. He fits well with the supposed culture change Casey has going on. He seems a lot quicker and more agile than previous seasons.

You can clearly tell rebounding was a huge issue in the Spurs game, thats pretty much the only reason why the Raptors lost. Rebounding isn't hard against the Warriors considering they like to play small. You know where some good 3 point shots come from? Offensive rebounds and kick outs or defensive rebounds and transition. You trade Jonas for a scrub and move Ibaka to C, you can say goodbye to rebounding.

You know why there is a lack of shooting? Because Derozan can't shoot. Not saying he should be traded, but that is a very big glaring reason why.
              Last edited by A.I; Thu Oct 26, 2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• U know what I noticed about the new age nba is gm’s double down on mistakes not trading derozan a mistake not building around and developing JV to be dominate down low instead of trying to make a pure center a 3 point shooter. Our old gym is in philly bringing back Baylee’s and Amir it’s so sad to see. I legit hate the style of copy cat basketball we play

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Nvm rebounding isn't the biggest problem. Would trade JV to address the lack of shooting. JV's value is way too low to get an ideal shooter though. The only shooter that JV could probably fetch right now is Mirotic probably.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• The issue isn't JV.... it's getting everyone going on offense & making sure we don't loose confidence even if were not making 3 pointers.

Trading him is stupid.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Reminder that JV is like a week older than Delon and a year older than Powell. I know he has been in the league a lot longer, but the idea that those two are the future and JV can't be part of the Raptors core in 3 years is a bit far-fetched.

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        It's more the change in the way the game is played (ie/ speed/pace) that makes it unlikely he will be.

Delon and Norm have very good quickness, in particular lateral speed that JV severely lacks and where it was quite noticeable the difference it made with Yak these past couple of games in our ability to contain the perimeter more effectively on the switch.

Good points. I'd add that it's duplicative to retain both Jonas and Jakob. If we do keep Jonas then we should shop Jakob, but I think it would be harder to get the right kind of deal for him as he is on a rookie deal, and the without using the top four salaries (Kyle/DeMar/Serge/Jonas) our flexibility is limited.

Comment

• The idea of trading JV is that his salary and status as a player make him the only viable way to improve our team via trade (as the main piece in a package deal). Obviously it's hard to see what's out there, but we should be looking and aggressively pursuing moves that can upgrade other parts of our roster with him going the other way. It's not about hating JV or whatever or thinking he's not good. It's the fact that we have Poeltl, who looks better defensively already and has potential on the offensive end at minimum as a good finisher around the rim and offensive rebounder similar to Steven Adams in OKC.

Other than DeRozan, JV is the best trade chip and unlike DeMar we actually have a suitable replacement for him (if anyone thinks Powell can step in and start giving us 25-5-5 right now then ok, but he clearly can't) and he's not our #1, #2 or arguably not even #3 option.

We're talking about the best use of assets here. We have several options at the center position and splitting the time there between Poeltl and some Ibaka minutes with a bit of Bebe sprinkled in at times would be very effective. Obviously, if you can't find a good deal for JV, you keep him and get the most out of his production. But if you can, he needs to go because there are other areas that need strengthening (particularly our outside shooting and the 3 position) more urgently.

That's a rational position to have on JV. I'm not out here talking about trading him for sidegrades or downgrades at the same position like Chandler or Robin Lopez or trading him for some mediocre player like Mirotic. I'm talking about using him to make a move that could really strengthen this team.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            The idea of trading JV is that his salary and status as a player make him the only viable way to improve our team via trade (as the main piece in a package deal). Obviously it's hard to see what's out there, but we should be looking and aggressively pursuing moves that can upgrade other parts of our roster with him going the other way. It's not about hating JV or whatever or thinking he's not good. It's the fact that we have Poeltl, who looks better defensively already and has potential on the offensive end at minimum as a good finisher around the rim and offensive rebounder similar to Steven Adams in OKC.

Other than DeRozan, JV is the best trade chip and unlike DeMar we actually have a suitable replacement for him (if anyone thinks Powell can step in and start giving us 25-5-5 right now then ok, but he clearly can't) and he's not our #1, #2 or arguably not even #3 option.

We're talking about the best use of assets here. We have several options at the center position and splitting the time there between Poeltl and some Ibaka minutes with a bit of Bebe sprinkled in at times would be very effective. Obviously, if you can't find a good deal for JV, you keep him and get the most out of his production. But if you can, he needs to go because there are other areas that need strengthening (particularly our outside shooting and the 3 position) more urgently.

That's a rational position to have on JV. I'm not out here talking about trading him for sidegrades or downgrades at the same position like Chandler or Robin Lopez or trading him for some mediocre player like Mirotic. I'm talking about using him to make a move that could really strengthen this team.
                            Sure, I mean, I agree that we don't have a ready replacement for DeMar. But if you are suggesting Poeltl can definitely step in and give us 12-10 in 26 minutes for a full season, I have to disagree with that. Of course, you're smarter than that and know it's not about stat replication at all.

I agree that if we can move JV for a star player, great. If you can't (and you definitely can't), maybe we should just focus on how to best utilize him on this team.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Good points. I'd add that it's duplicative to retain both Jonas and Jakob. If we do keep Jonas then we should shop Jakob, but I think it would be harder to get the right kind of deal for him as he is on a rookie deal, and the without using the top four salaries (Kyle/DeMar/Serge/Jonas) our flexibility is limited.
                              Whoa, why is it redundant to have both? Poeltl is a young player who is high energy and probably best kept near 20 MPG. JV has been capped at around 28 MPG in his career, sometimes a little lower. Throw in injuries and you have both players getting plenty of time, and keeping Ibaka's minutes at C to specific situations where it is most beneficial to the team and least detrimental to his health. And at the same time, you are putting out 48 minutes of really, really good centre play, including top notch offensive rebounding from both rotation spots to help make up for the high volume three point shooting (and missing) that is being implemented.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Or you give Poeltl starters minutes, play Ibaka situationally as a 5 and Bebe gets spot minutes. Find a great wing player in a JV trade potentially. Still gives you a great 5 rotation for 48 minutes while strengthening other areas. IF we can find that kind of deal for JV it makes sense to pull the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X