Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying move him at all costs. I'm saying he's our best way to make this team better without downgrading significantly if at all.
    I'd say Powell's contract would be more valuable but you would have to wait until next summer to move him.

    Comment


    • I think anyone who thinks JV represents our best chance to trade for a valuable piece has buried their head in the sand for the past couple of seasons and has no interest in what actual trade return trends are showing.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        I think anyone who thinks JV represents our best chance to trade for a valuable piece has buried their head in the sand for the past couple of seasons and has no interest in what actual trade return trends are showing.
        Well the hope would be you find a team that has a man crush on his talent and still thinks they can mould him, add a pick and a prospect, and you're talking.

        Hes certainly not a great trade chip, but is he our best? After derozan, arguably I'd say yes. Lowry's old and overpaid, harsh but true. Ibaka kind of the same thing, his value dwindles every year. Perhaps cj miles especially if he gets hot has more value. The young guys? Sure we love them, but they're not yet making shock waves around the league, they're still mostly thrown in unless someone out there thinks Poeltl or powell is the next big thing.

        Basically our entire roster is either a) making a ton of money, b) on the wrong side of their prime or c) a young mid to late first round pick who hasn't established that he'll be a future starter yet. Except Valanciunas. He is established, although probably still not quite in his prime years, and is on a pretty reasonable deal.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          we should be looking and aggressively pursuing moves that can upgrade other parts of our roster with him going the other way.
          KeonClark wrote: View Post
          I am all for trading JV in a package for a real nice player coming back. He's our best trade chip currently forsure though and would be all for a GOOD move.
          Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying move him at all costs. I'm saying he's our best way to make this team better without downgrading significantly if at all.
          Wonderful. You know who I think also agrees with you two? Masai.

          You know who I think also knows there's currently no deal like that out there? Masai.

          Or else he would have fucking done it already.



          Though I do tend to lean towards Jakob not being entirely dependable yet (and with Bebe, you can depend on him to be undependable). But even if Jakob was rock solid, I stand by my opinion above.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

          Comment


          • TRex wrote: View Post

            I don't understand the point of posting this here?
            "Stay steamy"

            - Kobe

            Comment


            • Because a lot of ppl here thinks we can get Cousins for JV?
              Mamba Mentality

              Comment


              • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Well the hope would be you find a team that has a man crush on his talent and still thinks they can mould him, add a pick and a prospect, and you're talking.

                Hes certainly not a great trade chip, but is he our best? After derozan, arguably I'd say yes. Lowry's old and overpaid, harsh but true. Ibaka kind of the same thing, his value dwindles every year. Perhaps cj miles especially if he gets hot has more value. The young guys? Sure we love them, but they're not yet making shock waves around the league, they're still mostly thrown in unless someone out there thinks Poeltl or powell is the next big thing.

                Basically our entire roster is either a) making a ton of money, b) on the wrong side of their prime or c) a young mid to late first round pick who hasn't established that he'll be a future starter yet. Except Valanciunas. He is established, although probably still not quite in his prime years, and is on a pretty reasonable deal.
                And that's all wonderful, except that bigs, especially ones being paid non-rookie salary, have no trade value anymore.

                I'd say the order of trade value on the team is probably DD, Powell, basically all of the key young guys except Bruno and BeBe, Miles, then essentially a three way tie of JV, Lowry, Ibaka, who are all valuable players but would likely not fetch much with their current salaries relative to their age/fit/player type. And then Bruno and BeBe and McKinnie who are all basically null. I'm certain it would be easier to get a decent return on a trade of OG or Poeltl than on JV. Siakam and FVV might fit better into that close-to-null group. Wright is tricky since he is up for a raise sooner than the others.

                Not that I think anyone should be traded. I actually really don't think anyone should be traded, the team is constructed very nicely right now and lined up for a reasonable tax bill. It's possible they need to add shooting at some point, but I'd rather ride this year out and see if one or more of the young guys can fill that need.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  Because a lot of ppl here thinks we can get Cousins for JV?
                  Well, those people are deluded.
                  "Stay steamy"

                  - Kobe

                  Comment


                  • Mess wrote: View Post
                    Wonderful. You know who I think also agrees with you two? Masai.

                    You know who I think also knows there's currently no deal like that out there? Masai.

                    Or else he would have fucking done it already.



                    Though I do tend to lean towards Jakob not being entirely dependable yet (and with Bebe, you can depend on him to be undependable). But even if Jakob was rock solid, I stand by my opinion above.
                    I didn't say there's a deal out there right now. I'm just saying I'd be very open to shopping JV around for a deal because I think Poeltl is a more than adequate replacement.

                    Comment


                    • The team isn't constructed nicely right now. That is bullshit DanH.

                      Yes it's a good squad but we're trying to play uptempo and shoot a ton of 3s. We have 2 reliable shooters (Lowry and Miles).

                      Don't try and tell me this team is constructed nicely to implement the style of play we want.

                      Comment


                      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        I didn't say there's a deal out there right now. I'm just saying I'd be very open to shopping JV around for a deal because I think Poeltl is a more than adequate replacement.
                        I'd be open to shopping literally every player on the team around for the right deal.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          The team isn't constructed nicely right now. That is bullshit DanH.

                          Yes it's a good squad but we're trying to play uptempo and shoot a ton of 3s. We have 2 reliable shooters (Lowry and Miles).

                          Don't try and tell me this team is constructed nicely to implement the style of play we want.
                          They are young - specifically the guys you don't think fit the style. Give them time.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • DanH wrote: View Post
                            They are young - specifically the guys you don't think fit the style. Give them time.
                            It's not about time or not time. These guys aren't shooters. We have 3 slashing/playmaking guards in DeMar/Wright/Powell, we have energy bigs who can occasionally hit threes but you don't want taking them at a high volume in Anunoby and Siakam and then centers who can't shoot 3s at all in JV and Poeltl. This roster is not constructed ideally at all for the style we want to play. You can pretend that's not the case if you like but it seems self-evident to me.

                            That's why I'd be looking to use JV to improve our team on the perimeter. I DO have faith in the young guys that's why I think Poeltl can do what JV does for us for the most part and do a lot of things he can't (like switch onto wings and hold his own in certain matchups). The problem is what our young guys specialize isn't what this team is lacking to maximize the style we're going for.

                            I get it you don't want to trade JV and think Poeltl can't be as good as him. I think you're dead wrong on that. You've still avoided my question of if the Bucks were to trade Monroe for Bledsoe and then needed a center if you would trade JV for Middleton. Hypothetical sure but you can still answer it.

                            Comment


                            • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              It's not about time or not time. These guys aren't shooters. We have 3 slashing/playmaking guards in DeMar/Wright/Powell, we have energy bigs who can occasionally hit threes but you don't want taking them at a high volume in Anunoby and Siakam and then centers who can't shoot 3s at all in JV and Poeltl. This roster is not constructed ideally at all for the style we want to play. You can pretend that's not the case if you like but it seems self-evident to me.

                              That's why I'd be looking to use JV to improve our team on the perimeter. I DO have faith in the young guys that's why I think Poeltl can do what JV does for us for the most part and do a lot of things he can't (like switch onto wings and hold his own in certain matchups). The problem is what our young guys specialize isn't what this team is lacking to maximize the style we're going for.

                              I get it you don't want to trade JV and think Poeltl can't be as good as him. I think you're dead wrong on that. You've still avoided my question of if the Bucks were to trade Monroe for Bledsoe and then needed a center if you would trade JV for Middleton. Hypothetical sure but you can still answer it.
                              Ah, you edited that post, I never saw the question before replying later in the thread. It said something different when I read it. Had no idea what question you were referring to.

                              Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              I've said the deals that have been mentioned (Chandler, Mirotic, Vucevic) I have zero interest in. My position is we should continue to shop JV for an actually good deal. If we can't find one, keep him. It's not that complicated.

                              Unless you think we shouldn't shop him at all, which I think IS your position.

                              Let's say hypothetically the Bucks traded Monroe and a pick for Bledsoe and now needed a center. Would you move JV for Middleton if that was available?
                              JV for Middleton is really interesting. I think I'd make that trade. I think the Bucks would never in a million years do so. Which is kind of the entire point I'm trying to make. There is no trade market for JV wherein we get something worth trading him for. It is not a realistic scenario.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Ah, you edited that post, I never saw the question before replying later in the thread. It said something different when I read it. Had no idea what question you were referring to.



                                JV for Middleton is really interesting. I think I'd make that trade. I think the Bucks would never in a million years do so. Which is kind of the entire point I'm trying to make. There is no trade market for JV wherein we get something worth trading him for. It is not a realistic scenario.
                                No I didn't edit that part of the post.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X