Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can we just have people admit, after the last four or five games, that JV is a valuable piece of the Raptors success so far this season? Maybe he shouldn't be traded force bag of used basketballs.

    Just sayin'.

    Comment


    • Puffer wrote: View Post
      Can we just have people admit, after the last four or five games, that JV is a valuable piece of the Raptors success so far this season? Maybe he shouldn't be traded force bag of used basketballs.

      Just sayin'.
      he has been overall a pretty big positive (along with most of the team) since the end of november IMO.

      Comment


      • KHD wrote: View Post
        last night was once again an example of how JV doesn't fit in the modern nba... in that he was a man among boys with those "modern" big...Anyways, besides the offensive explosion, i was pretty impressed with his defensive game...As ever, I'd like to see more of that kind of effort on both ends from the big man.
        No point posting a whole new effort after the 19 minute demonstration against Cleveland. I thought I would just use your old post.

        Comment


        • Shameless self-reference:


          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Shameless self-reference:


            You're a good man Dan!

            Comment


            • Was just admiring DD's stats and noticed that JV has dragged himself above .200 WS/48 again after a pretty slow start to the season for him; he was down at his lowest number since his sophomore season a month ago. He's been incredible lately.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Was just admiring DD's stats and noticed that JV has dragged himself above .200 WS/48 again after a pretty slow start to the season for him; he was down at his lowest number since his sophomore season a month ago. He's been incredible lately.
                I have never seen him this fired up over this extended a period of time through the regular season, maybe ever. He's bringing it whenever he's on the floor. That man has found peace.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  Was just admiring DD's stats and noticed that JV has dragged himself above .200 WS/48 again after a pretty slow start to the season for him; he was down at his lowest number since his sophomore season a month ago. He's been incredible lately.

                  I am not sure how stats like DBPM and OBPM are calculated, and they seem to suggest otherwise, but for me he is having his best season, in spite of getting fewer minutes.

                  For starters, he's putting up basically his career numbers in about 25% fewer minutes.

                  Individually, his rate stats are all basically at career-highs and climbing by the month.

                  Also, don't look twice but his DRTG according to NBA.com has dropped by the month and is sitting at 100 for the 6 games in January so far.

                  And the big one, the team has been beating up on opponents with him out there, and the Net Rating reflects that. Swapping OG for Norm has turned the starters around big time. They are all able to do what they do best.
                  Last edited by KHD; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 01:08 PM.

                  Comment


                  • KHD wrote: View Post
                    I am not sure how stats like DBPM and OBPM are calculated, and they seem to suggest otherwise, but for me he is having his best season, in spite of getting fewer minutes.

                    For starters, he's putting up basically his career numbers in about 25% fewer minutes.

                    Individually, his rate stats are all basically at career-highs and climbing by the month.

                    Also, don't look twice but his DRTG according to NBA.com has dropped by the month and is sitting at 100 for the 6 games in January so far.

                    And the big one, the team has been beating up on opponents with him out there, and the Net Rating reflects that. Swapping OG for Norm has turned the starters around big time. They are all able to do what they do best.
                    BPM is pretty flawed. I saw a new version of it called PIPM that I read the methodology for and much prefer that to BPM.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post
                      BPM is pretty flawed. I saw a new version of it called PIPM that I read the methodology for and much prefer that to BPM.
                      his MEME/36 rating is also off the charts

                      Comment


                      • I think the biggest thing with JV the last few games is that he absolutely crushed both Cleveland and Milwaukee, two teams he struggled and was benched against in the playoffs last year.

                        He forced Cleveland to try and match up with him, which is good sign. If we aren't the team that has to be reactionary, that idea well for th postseason
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

                        Comment


                        • 007 wrote: View Post
                          I think the biggest thing with JV the last few games is that he absolutely crushed both Cleveland and Milwaukee, two teams he struggled and was benched against in the playoffs last year.

                          He forced Cleveland to try and match up with him, which is good sign. If we aren't the team that has to be reactionary, that idea well for th postseason
                          He struggled against Milwaukee a bit, but mostly he didn't get calls in the first couple of games then got benched because Ibaka was getting destroyed by Monroe.

                          He played pretty well against Cleveland

                          Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 12, 2018, 02:50 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Can we just have people admit, after the last four or five games, that JV is a valuable piece of the Raptors success so far this season? Maybe he shouldn't be traded force bag of used basketballs.

                            Just sayin'.
                            Funny readimg back through the thread and seeing how some were so irrationally negative on the guy

                            Comment


                            • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              He struggled against Milwaukee a bit, but mostly he didn't get calls in the first couple of games then got benched because Ibaka was getting destroyed by Monroe.

                              He played pretty well against Cleveland

                              Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              Pretty well???

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                Pretty well???
                                He only got 15 points and 18 rebounds in 19 minutes. As Dan pointed out first NBA player to get 18 rebounds in 20 or less minutes since 1983. But he didn't break the record. Big White Stiff. Super Judge? Wasn't that your judgment? Or maybe I am wrong. So many have suggested that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X