Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I would put Drummond after Embiid and Horford
    Debateable. JV is a much better scorer. Drummond is a slightly better rebounder. Neither is a great defender but both are taking great strides at that as they transition from young player to veteran
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Debateable. JV is a much better scorer. Drummond is a slightly better rebounder. Neither is a great defender but both are taking great strides at that as they transition from young player to veteran
      yeah but Drummond is much better playmaker than JV with nearly 4 assists per game. I'm giving edge to Drummond
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I feel like we’re always in two situations.

1. Jonas is playing so well that he’s invaluable and we’d never get proper value back in a trade.

2. We should have traded Jonas when he was playing well because now he’s virtually useless and he can’t be moved and he’s hurting the team.

How many times have we gone through this cycle?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          yeah but Drummond is much better playmaker than JV with nearly 4 assists per game. I'm giving edge to Drummond
          His assist numbers were absolutely terrible until this year. He is not a better passer or playmaker than JV. They have just put him in a position to do so more.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well Drummond is a 2 time All-star after all. Also doesn't have the benefit of playing with all-star guards

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Well Drummond is a 2 time All-star after all. Also doesn't have the benefit of playing with all-star guards

Drummond is a replacement all star in the east. 16 ppg on the 9th seed. Ooh impressive.

Your argument doesn't hold water because if drummond played on toronto at 20 min a night and jv was the best offensive player on detroit getting 30 min a night he'd probably have a couple all star games too

Comment

Drummond is a replacement all star in the east. 16 ppg on the 9th seed. Ooh impressive.

Your argument doesn't hold water because if drummond played on toronto at 20 min a night and jv was the best offensive player on detroit getting 30 min a night he'd probably have a couple all star games too
                This isn't his first all-star appearance. If JV was actually the 3rd best center in the East than he would of been picked as an replacement. Drummond would not be playing 20 mins on this team. Also Jackson has babrely played this year or last year. Last time he played a full season they made the playoffs. Which was also Drummonds first all-star appearance.

Really wanted Drummond in that 2012 draft. Which is probably why I was never a big Ross supporter. Also the fact that he actually wasn't all that good. Raps got the best out of him though.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Jan 31, 2018, 03:03 PM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Drummond is better than JV.

Seriously, take the Raptors-coloured goggles off. It's like the difference between DeMar and Butler.

Comment

• In defence of Drummond, he's re-invented himself this year. He's still a monster on the boards (over 15 per game), but has also dished 4 dimes a game. Plus that shitty post up game of his has dropped from over 27% of his plays to 9%. Even his FT% is 62% this year from the sub-40% the past 3 seasons.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

This isn't his first all-star appearance. If JV was actually the 3rd best center in the East than he would of been picked as an replacement. Drummond would not be playing 20 mins on this team. Also Jackson has babrely played this year or last year. Last time he played a full season they made the playoffs. Which was also Drummonds first all-star appearance.

Drummond would not be playing 30 min on this team. Jv would be the top option on detroit especially with jackson out. He's getting 21 points per 36 as the 4th option in Toronto.

We can go around and around with hypotheticals all day. Their numbers are very similiar. Situations very different. I actually like jv so maybe some bias? He's a raptor lifer and has been a hard working model employee and teammate, so I think it'd be weird if you're a fan of the team and don't like him, but whatever.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Drummond is better than JV.

Seriously, take the Raptors-coloured goggles off. It's like the difference between DeMar and Butler.
                        It's still this revelation to you apparently to find raptors homers on "raptors republic". The strangest thing.

Tell me more how much better the celtics are, as we're 1 game back with our toughest part of the sked done and there's just beginning

Comment

Drummond would not be playing 30 min on this team. Jv would be the top option on detroit especially with jackson out. He's getting 21 points per 36 as the 4th option in Toronto.

We can go around and around with hypotheticals all day. Their numbers are very similiar. Situations very different. I actually like jv so maybe some bias? He's a raptor lifer and has been a hard working model employee and teammate, so I think it'd be weird if you're a fan of the team and don't like him, but whatever.
                          Well I don't know JV personally so I can't make a comment if I would like him or not. It would be hard for me to get over the whole drinking and driving thing though.

I didn't know you had to know every player personally to cheer for a team.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It's still this revelation to you apparently to find raptors homers on "raptors republic". The strangest thing.

Tell me more how much better the celtics are, as we're 1 game back with our toughest part of the sked done and there's just beginning
                            No it's not a revelation. I know that a fan site will have tons of homers. I'm a big Raptors fan too, I remember lying on the floor for like half an hour after Lowry missed that shot against the Nets in 2014. Doesn't mean you can't be objective. Drummond is better than JV.

And I didn't say the Celtics were better than us. I said they were good and not a joke, which they clearly aren't considering we're going head to head with them for the #1 seed right now. I was refuting clownish comments from DanH and Demographic Shift and yourself saying that they were "trash".

Comment

Well I don't know JV personally so I can't make a comment if I would like him or not. It would be hard for me to get over the whole drinking and driving thing though.

I didn't know you had to know every player personally to cheer for a team.

I'm pretty sure charges were dropped?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                No it's not a revelation. I know that a fan site will have tons of homers. I'm a big Raptors fan too, I remember lying on the floor for like half an hour after Lowry missed that shot against the Nets in 2014. Doesn't mean you can't be objective. Drummond is better than JV.

And I didn't say the Celtics were better than us. I said they were good and not a joke, which they clearly aren't considering we're going head to head with them for the #1 seed right now. I was refuting clownish comments from DanH and Demographic Shift and yourself saying that they were "trash".
                                But they are trash.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X