Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • JV is 20/41 from 3 which is 49%. Thats actually absurd.
    Last edited by Truth Teller; Sun Feb 11, 2018, 09:07 PM.

    Comment


    • I'm in a fantasy basketball pool and have JV. About 2 months ago I was about to drop him for some schmuck on the waiver wire. No I'm thinking he could be one of my keepers. Like he's playing better than Rudy Gobert.

      Comment


      • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        JV is 20/41 from 3 which is 49%. Thats actually absurd.
        Best % in the NBA for players that have shot 40 or more 3 pointers?

        Comment


        • Puffer wrote: View Post
          Best % in the NBA for players that have shot 40 or more 3 pointers?
          2nd behind TJ McConnell at 51%.

          Remains in 2nd even if you expand to all players who have attempted 20 or more 3’s.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            2nd behind TJ McConnell at 51%.

            Remains in 2nd even if you expand to all players who have attempted 20 or more 3’s.
            I like how it seems to be the norm that players on this team, for the last couple of years (DMC excepted), seem to continue to grow their game.

            Comment


            • The amazing thing about JV’s percentage (besides the obvious general amazingness) is that he’s barely taken any corner threes at all. He’s 2/3 from the corner on the season. He’s done basically all his damage above the break, on a great percentage.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                The amazing thing about JV’s percentage (besides the obvious general amazingness) is that he’s barely taken any corner threes at all. He’s 2/3 from the corner on the season. He’s done basically all his damage above the break, on a great percentage.
                He had a great shot with very good form from the first day he got into the league. I remember him shooting a few midrange shots his first game, and then it was as if Casey handed him his role card that had a "no shooting zone" marked out at anything beyond 6 ft. He's always been an excellent free throw shooter... one of the best predictors of potential 3 point shot success.

                Comment


                • I always wondered why he wasn't shooting more from mid or 3 point range in previous years. This is why he's ultimately more valuable than a Drummond or Jordan on the offensive end. His emergence of late as a consistent scorer has turned the Raptors into an offensive powerhouse. Wow....can't believe I just typed that, but it's true!

                  Comment


                  • Mitch P wrote: View Post
                    I always wondered why he wasn't shooting more from mid or 3 point range in previous years. This is why he's ultimately more valuable than a Drummond or Jordan on the offensive end. His emergence of late as a consistent scorer has turned the Raptors into an offensive powerhouse. Wow....can't believe I just typed that, but it's true!
                    His shooting development from midrange and further out is, I believe, along with the lack of attention to assisted shots for the team in general, the most mismanaged part of the Raptors offense. At least they are there now, but there are several trips to the playoffs that were more or less wasted because of these glaring omissions.

                    Comment


                    • There was one sequence of the game from yesterday that we should frame for this thread. JV played solid contesting defence on Dwight Howard, got the rebound from the missed shot, fed the ball back up the floor and then got it back near the top of the arc to drain a 3. You can get a sense of it here...

                      http://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&...0Shot&sct=plot

                      http://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&...0AST)&sct=plot

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        The amazing thing about JV’s percentage (besides the obvious general amazingness) is that he’s barely taken any corner threes at all. He’s 2/3 from the corner on the season. He’s done basically all his damage above the break, on a great percentage.
                        His flipper feet are probably too big to fit in bounds for that corner 3 lol

                        Love JVs catapult 3 tho. It's so accurate. He just treats it like a free throw attempt. Ready...aim...fire
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          His flipper feet are probably too big to fit in bounds for that corner 3 lol

                          Love JVs catapult 3 tho. It's so accurate. He just treats it like a free throw attempt. Ready...aim...fire
                          Plus he'd be a lock for daily dbl dbls ..... if he got any run in these 4th quarters lol

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            His flipper feet are probably too big to fit in bounds for that corner 3 lol

                            Love JVs catapult 3 tho. It's so accurate. He just treats it like a free throw attempt. Ready...aim...fire
                            JV is our heavy artillery
                            OG is our king

                            Comment


                            • consmap wrote: View Post
                              JV is our heavy artillery
                              Prepare the Valanciunas!!!!

                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Jonas is shooting better from 3 this month than anywhere else.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X