Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Honestly; I think a Casey exit is likely the best possible news for JV. There was zero excuse for his benching (especially in game 4 of the Cavs ... how'd he end up playing less than 20 minutes for that game?) given that he was our most consistent player in the playoffs this year.

    I genuinely believe that JV is either an all star or in contention for a spot next year.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

    Comment


    • JawsGT wrote: View Post
      so did you find anything interesting? I am genuinely curious.
      Got tied up work, yesterday. But wiill try again soon.

      Someone did post a stat a few days ago showing Love's numbers while guarded by Jonas, vs. being guarded by any other Raptor. Numbers heavily favoured Jonas. Might've been for just 1 specific game though, hence my curiosity to dig deeper.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Got tied up work, yesterday. But wiill try again soon.

        Someone did post a stat a few days ago showing Love's numbers while guarded by Jonas, vs. being guarded by any other Raptor. Numbers heavily favoured Jonas. Might've been for just 1 specific game though, hence my curiosity to dig deeper.
        It was true over the whole series.

        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Just Is wrote: View Post
          Honestly; I think a Casey exit is likely the best possible news for JV. There was zero excuse for his benching (especially in game 4 of the Cavs ... how'd he end up playing less than 20 minutes for that game?) given that he was our most consistent player in the playoffs this year.

          I genuinely believe that JV is either an all star or in contention for a spot next year.
          Lol.

          How exactly? He goes in the pool of forwards, there are 6 that get in for sure and maybe 1 extra (usually the extras are guards though). LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Horford, whichever Celtic is the best SF next year between Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Porzingis are all guaranteed to get in before him. Not to mention other guys like Blake Griffin, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. He's not making the ASG lmfao.

          Comment


          • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Lol.

            How exactly? He goes in the pool of forwards, there are 6 that get in for sure and maybe 1 extra (usually the extras are guards though). LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Horford, whichever Celtic is the best SF next year between Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Porzingis are all guaranteed to get in before him. Not to mention other guys like Blake Griffin, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. He's not making the ASG lmfao.

            Comment


            • Maury wrote: View Post
              If you play JV 30-34 mpg and he gets around 20-25 shot attempts he’d likely average 22+ and 12+. If Masai was able to trade Demar for value, then our team success wouldn’t change much and so all those guys who you listed would be competing with a centre getting those numbers on the best team in the east (regular season at least), so I see him making it if this happens. Granted, I don’t think it will happen but you can’t really deny that he would get these numbers if given the opportunity.
              This is not going to fucking happen. Nor should it. The minutes maybe, the shot attempts fuck no. He's not fucking Hakeem Olajuwon (who himself only had 20+ FGA per game 3 times in his career).

              Comment


              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                This is not going to fucking happen. Nor should it. The minutes maybe, the shot attempts fuck no. He's not fucking Hakeem Olajuwon (who himself only had 20+ FGA per game 3 times in his career).
                My man, have a Snickers

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    It was true over the whole series.

                    What am I looking at here? Does this mean JV had the most success guarding JV or did other players do better?

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      What am I looking at here? Does this mean JV had the most success guarding JV or did other players do better?
                      Check the shooting percentages on the right side.

                      Comment


                      • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        This is not going to fucking happen. Nor should it. The minutes maybe, the shot attempts fuck no. He's not fucking Hakeem Olajuwon (who himself only had 20+ FGA per game 3 times in his career).

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Maury wrote: View Post
                            JV frequently finishes the first half with ~12 and 10, on up to 10 field goal attempts, and finishes with like 14 and 12. I don’t see why you can’t maintain his involvement and end up with 20 and 12.
                            #CaseyGonnaCase

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Lol.

                                How exactly? He goes in the pool of forwards, there are 6 that get in for sure and maybe 1 extra (usually the extras are guards though). LeBron, Giannis, Embiid, Horford, whichever Celtic is the best SF next year between Tatum/Brown/Hayward, Porzingis are all guaranteed to get in before him. Not to mention other guys like Blake Griffin, Drummond, Whiteside, etc. He's not making the ASG lmfao.
                                Based on what he's shown during the regular season and especially the playoffs; I standby my original comment. That he's either an all star next year or he's in contention for a spot. If you disagree; that's fine.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X