Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On one hand I like the idea of a 2nd unit that features JV as the primary scorer, but on the other hand I'd also like to see him get more of an opportunity to develop some chemistry with Leonard. Leonard and Green are used to playing with effective scoring big men, and I think JV could be a dynamic part of a lineup once they all get comfortable playing together (as you can tell Leonard and Green already are). Plus, as well as Ibaka has been playing, there are times that JV's physicality and rebounding has been sorely missed in critical minutes.

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Heck, I might have brought Ibaka back in with a couple minutes left, that was a long shift for JV. But he held up.
      He looked like an all world center. You gotta ride guys at that point
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • This might be the most fun I've had watching JV in the regular season, ever:




        All the guy ever wants to do is put a body on a man and post him up. He would have been huge if he came into the league in 1990 instead of now.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • 6ixth man
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
            6ixth man
            Waahhh--wahhh JV can't defend Waahhh JV is slow waahhh wahhh I need to make up something to complain about waaahh waaahhh
            2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

            Comment


            • Legitimate griping on both sides of the JV question aside... its great to see him shake off a three or four game slump and have a good one against the Hinkies.

              Just like you eventually need all 13 clubs in the bag for certain situations that your fucking driver has put you in......... so too do you need all 14 players at some point in time throughout the season.

              As the great philopsher Russell Peters says... "Take it and go"
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 6th, 2018, 12:06 PM.

              Comment


              • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                On one hand I like the idea of a 2nd unit that features JV as the primary scorer, but on the other hand I'd also like to see him get more of an opportunity to develop some chemistry with Leonard. Leonard and Green are used to playing with effective scoring big men, and I think JV could be a dynamic part of a lineup once they all get comfortable playing together (as you can tell Leonard and Green already are). Plus, as well as Ibaka has been playing, there are times that JV's physicality and rebounding has been sorely missed in critical minutes.
                Leonard, Green and Valanciunas have played 141 minutes together so far, and have a +22.5 net rating in that time. That's the highest net rating of any threesome including Leonard and Green, except for a much smaller sample with FVV (+31.5 in 57 MP).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • The role JV is in now is perfect for him.

                  He's putting up basically the same numbers more efficiently and has tremendous usage (25%) when he's on the floor. He's able to do all that now without really affecting our defense negatively because of when his minutes are taking place.

                  This is exactly why I've been advocating for him to come off the bench for so long. We no longer have these spells where he's out there not touching the ball so he can't even make up for his subpar defense with his offense.
                  Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Thu Dec 6th, 2018, 04:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    The role JV is in now is perfect for him.

                    He's putting up basically the same numbers more efficiently and has tremendous usage (25%) when he's on the floor. He's able to do all that now without really affecting our defense negatively because of when his minutes are taking place.

                    This is exactly why I've been advocating for him to come off the bench for so long. We no longer have these spells where he's out there not touching the ball so he can't even make up for his subpar defense with his offense.
                    Last game was first time they really used him properly though
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                    Comment


                    • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Last game was first time they really used him properly though
                      Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year
                        Hope so. End the madness.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Expect more Siakam with the bench and Wright handling the ball. That was the best the mob has done all year
                          This I agree with. It would be hard to bench Siakam now, but he needs to be with the bench more. He gave the mob their identity last year.

                          Him being out there more with them and FVV handling the ball less should help sort out some of the more major issues with the bench. Then we just need at least one of Miles or OG to start knocking down open looks. Hopefully both can get going...OG is actually playing mostly well but missing shots. I've never seen a vet come in like CJ in great shape and be such total horseshit, though. He hasn't really looked like an NBA caliber player this season.

                          Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • In the playoffs.. one of Kyle, Kawhi and Siakam need to be on the floor at all times. Strange to see Siakam's name listed there but he's legit now.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              In the playoffs.. one of Kyle, Kawhi and Siakam need to be on the floor at all times. Strange to see Siakam's name listed there but he's legit now.
                              Oh forsure. I'm sure Kawhi will be getting 40 min a game.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • This was the first time in awhile that JV has been getting the ball in the post reasonably early in the shot clock. As aggressive as he was I don't think there are many posts big or small who could stop him. Why he isn't in that "beast mode" more often might be a matter of his own psychological makeup as much as the Raptor's offence. But it was great to see and I'm hoping to see it more often.....why not every night. His big dunk off the CJ (?!!) pass might have been my favourite Raptor moment so far this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X