Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'd like to see another JV injury update, you gotta know he's close. Probably start him on th eroad to not encourage him to over do it.....

    Comment


    • G__Deane wrote: View Post
      I'd like to see another JV injury update, you gotta know he's close. Probably start him on th eroad to not encourage him to over do it.....
      Feb. 6th was the target date.

      Comment


      • G__Deane wrote: View Post
        I'd like to see another JV injury update, you gotta know he's close. Probably start him on th eroad to not encourage him to over do it.....


        leaked footage from MLSE
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

        Comment


        • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Spacing in general. The other teams don't respect Ibaka at all. Makes it hard to get open lanes for ballhandlers, and we're left being a jumpshooting team for too frequently.

          Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
          122 ORTG @ 26% USG is elite offensive production. And he's been consistently @ 120+ ORTG for the last 5 years. JV is a big reason why we don't get blown out and stay close enough to get back into games. Guard/wing level production is higher variance than close to the basket scoring, especially relying on 3's.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            122 ORTG @ 26% USG is elite offensive production. And he's been consistently @ 120+ ORTG for the last 5 years. JV is a big reason why we don't get blown out and stay close enough to get back into games. Guard/wing level production is higher variance than close to the basket scoring, especially relying on 3's.
            Yeah, and it has a snowball effect.

            Gravity is a term often thrown around. JV puts a lot of pressure on defences, even if his usage isn't always high. And it helps that he occupies a different part of the court than our other guys who can warp a D (Kawhi, Kyle and now Siakam is starting to command that respect at times but still as a face up player a lot of the time).

            Shooters can do it too, but we're not getting good enough shooting, whereas last year CJ was playing well enough to help with that kind of effect for the 2nd unit.

            Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Yeah, and it has a snowball effect.

              Gravity is a term often thrown around. JV puts a lot of pressure on defences, even if his usage isn't always high. And it helps that he occupies a different part of the court than our other guys who can warp a D (Kawhi, Kyle and now Siakam is starting to command that respect at times but still as a face up player a lot of the time).

              Shooters can do it too, but we're not getting good enough shooting, whereas last year CJ was playing well enough to help with that kind of effect for the 2nd unit.

              Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
              Losing Jakob is also underrated for a similar reason. He is an absolute monster offensive rebounder with putbacks from 7-footers resulting in ultra-high efficiency scoring close to the basket. It's another reason why FVV is cratering this year trying to anchor the bench. He benefited greatly from Jakob, Siakam and a more consistent CJ. Freddy capitalized on a perfect storm in a contract year and got the lion's share of the credit for last year's bench mob. If anything, Pascal should have got that 6MOTY nomination.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post
                Losing Jakob is also underrated for a similar reason. He is an absolute monster offensive rebounder with putbacks from 7-footers resulting in ultra-high efficiency scoring close to the basket. It's another reason why FVV is cratering this year trying to anchor the bench. He benefited greatly from Jakob, Siakam and a more consistent CJ. Freddy capitalized on a perfect storm in a contract year and got the lion's share of the credit for last year's bench mob. If anything, Pascal should have got that 6MOTY nomination.
                Yup, think Pascal really was the one who helped establish that unit's identity.

                Honestly think that was the reason not to start him as well. I think he could get the same minutes off the bench, put up the same numbers and we would have that energizer bench unit we are missing too often this year.

                Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post
                  Losing Jakob is also underrated for a similar reason. He is an absolute monster offensive rebounder with putbacks from 7-footers resulting in ultra-high efficiency scoring close to the basket. It's another reason why FVV is cratering this year trying to anchor the bench. He benefited greatly from Jakob, Siakam and a more consistent CJ. Freddy capitalized on a perfect storm in a contract year and got the lion's share of the credit for last year's bench mob. If anything, Pascal should have got that 6MOTY nomination.
                  Well, Poeltl is generally a pretty comparable offensive rebounder to JV (13 vs 12% OREB% career, the two had 12.4 and 12.1% OREB rates last year). But the team's offensive rebounding as a whole definitely is hurt by moving some of JV's minutes and all of Poeltl's to Serge.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment




                  • Sending love for big Lithuanian
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                    Comment


                    • It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                        Comment


                        • OG is our king

                          Comment


                          • Anonymous sources with inside information suggest that JV will be back on Thursday against Atlanta.

                            Can't come soon enough, unless this is just a canary trap to find leakers. Would be a relatively simple way to out unreliable staff members.

                            Comment


                            • They already said he'd play on this 3 game road trip and likely not in Philly. That narrows it down substantially

                              Comment


                              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                They already said he'd play on this 3 game road trip and likely not in Philly. That narrows it down substantially
                                At least I wasn't my own source.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X