Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He was rolling hard but was looked off many times. But at the very least, he sucked a defender (or 2) opening up shots for teammates. It's not going to show up in the boxscores, but Jonas was a presence last night on both ends.
    +1

    Comment


    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
      He was rolling hard but was looked off many times. But at the very least, he sucked a defender (or 2) opening up shots for teammates. It's not going to show up in the boxscores, but Jonas was a presence last night on both ends.
      I totally agree with the first part. Jonas would've at the least had 8 points if guys hadn't looked him off. You have to trust the pass.

      Comment


      • When was the last time we heard a Raptor say something like this? About a preseason game? You have to admire his drive

        "It was a good test, but I'm waiting for Friday," Valanciunas said afterwards. "Yeah, I want the return match," he said referring to Detroit's visit to Toronto on Friday.

        http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/11...-raptors-debut

        Comment


        • Jclaw wrote: View Post
          When was the last time we heard a Raptor say something like this? About a preseason game? You have to admire his drive

          "It was a good test, but I'm waiting for Friday," Valanciunas said afterwards. "Yeah, I want the return match," he said referring to Detroit's visit to Toronto on Friday.

          http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/11...-raptors-debut
          I'm sure he's reading all the Drummond praise this morning, and is feeling a little scorned

          Comment


          • He's getting ready to dunk the shit out of Drummond and make him his bitch.

            JV: you had your fun, now it's my turn *posterizes Drummond*
            Ad: wait...OH SHIT!*falls to the floor*

            Comment


            • NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              He's getting ready to dunk the shit out of Drummond and make him his bitch.

              JV: you had your fun, now it's my turn *posterizes Drummond*
              Ad: wait...OH SHIT!*falls to the floor*

              That's exactly how I pictured it...

              Comment


              • Anyword on JV's expected minutes tonight? Hoping to see a little more of him on the court tonight.

                If similar minutes who puts up a better stat line JV or Drummond?

                Comment


                • RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                  Anyword on JV's expected minutes tonight? Hoping to see a little more of him on the court tonight.

                  If similar minutes who puts up a better stat line JV or Drummond?
                  I would be very surprised if Drummond has a similar game to Wednesday. I bet he was an important topic of discussion during practice/film sessions yesterday.

                  Comment


                  • Can't say I'm not bummed over JV's first game. He had a good game but it was very quiet.. 0 boards in 13 mins was a disappointment, especially since Detroit killed us in overall rebounds.

                    I'm paying extra attention to the rookie bigs this year - Anthony Davis so far is killing it in preseason. Perry Jones had a good game as well the other day, as did T-Rob. Sullinger is even doing well out in Boston, and of course Drummond did well against us the other day.

                    Yes it's preseason, but I'd love to see a double/double at least one time.. is that too much to ask?

                    Comment


                    • JV had 2 or 3 tips to teammates. He didin't have nice stat sheet. But those tipped boards are ones that detroit couldn't get, which means two or three less possesions. Stuff like that adds up after a while, even if he doesn't get the stats to prove it

                      Comment


                      • Fuchan wrote: View Post
                        JV had 2 or 3 tips to teammates. He didin't have nice stat sheet. But those tipped boards are ones that detroit couldn't get, which means two or three less possesions. Stuff like that adds up after a while, even if he doesn't get the stats to prove it
                        Good point. That's always been a question I had about rebounding stats. Who gets credited with the rebound if there is a purposeful tip to a teammate, who then secures the rebound? You see this a lot on the offensive glass especially.

                        Then there's the issue of a guy doing a great box-out to prevent the opposition from getting an otherwise easy rebound, thus allowing a teammate to get the rebound... almost like there could be a 'rebound assist' stat of somesort. haha I didn't mean to open any can of worms, I swear! lol

                        Comment


                        • Fuchan wrote: View Post
                          JV had 2 or 3 tips to teammates. He didin't have nice stat sheet. But those tipped boards are ones that detroit couldn't get, which means two or three less possesions. Stuff like that adds up after a while, even if he doesn't get the stats to prove it
                          I watched the game, and saw those possesions. I think he had a good game. But I'd also appreciate a very good stat line from him. At this point if he continues to play well but does poorly in the box score, JV is not going to be in the rookie/soph game, and he's not going to gain much attention outside of Toronto. I just want him to show us his stud potential.. I'm just being impatient.. that's all.

                          Comment


                          • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Good point. That's always been a question I had about rebounding stats. Who gets credited with the rebound if there is a purposeful tip to a teammate, who then secures the rebound? You see this a lot on the offensive glass especially.

                            Then there's the issue of a guy doing a great box-out to prevent the opposition from getting an otherwise easy rebound, thus allowing a teammate to get the rebound... almost like there could be a 'rebound assist' stat of somesort. haha I didn't mean to open any can of worms, I swear! lol
                            I think there is a stat for team rebounds.. so if the rebound is questionable, it is rewarded to the team as opposed to the player. Although I think a good box out goes unrewarded.. as do some other hustle stats like taking a charge, deflections or winning jump balls, etc.

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think there is a stat for team rebounds.. so if the rebound is questionable, it is rewarded to the team as opposed to the player. Although I think a good box out goes unrewarded.. as do some other hustle stats like taking a charge, deflections or winning jump balls, etc.
                              Isn't team rebounds just a total of all the individual rebounds?

                              Comment


                              • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Isn't team rebounds just a total of all the individual rebounds?
                                I think it's a separate stat... for example:
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012101008

                                At the bottom it will show the Raps had 7 team rebounds.. and 32 individual rebounds which would make a total of 39. The Pistons had 11 team rebounds, and 47 individual ones, which would make a total of 58.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X