Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully wrote: View Post
    I really think you're overreacting. Bebe has been our backup centre for the entire year essentially, contributing positively in a decent amount of games. He started tonight as the backup centre, relieving JV, but Bebe absolutely sucked... so he only played 11 minutes. You make it seem like Casey kept him out there for the entire night while he was getting roasted. 11 minutes is really not very many - in fact it's 10 less than he's played this year on average. Casey tried to buy a few minutes here and there with him on the court and it didn't work... so he would promptly get lifted.
    he's been playing poorly for a long time now. my point is that the bestapproach for the raps going forward, especially into the playoffs, would be JV/Ibaka/Patterson taking the majority of the minutes at the 2 big spots, with spot minutes going to bebe as needed. You have 96 minutes to fill there, you can play those three for a total of 90 (ish) and use other guys for 6 minutes here and there.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      And it should continue like that. JV takes Bebe's minutes and Ibaka gets some minutes at C. Bebe is a nice energy big at times, but thats about it.
      Ok, cool. From now on we'll have JV sub himself out with himself twice a game.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        he's been playing poorly for a long time now. my point is that the bestapproach for the raps going forward, especially into the playoffs, would be JV/Ibaka/Patterson taking the majority of the minutes at the 2 big spots, with spot minutes going to bebe as needed. You have 96 minutes to fill there, you can play those three for a total of 90 (ish) and use other guys for 6 minutes here and there.
        Yeah, I agree. I don't want to see Bebe out there any more than you do. But finding 11 minutes in a game isn't worth the 10 posts you've spent tonight complaining about it... especially with 2Pat on a minute restriction.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I don't want to see Bebe out there any more than you do. But finding 11 minutes in a game isn't worth the 10 posts you've spent tonight complaining about it... especially with 2Pat on a minute restriction.
          oh and here i thought the point of a forum was to have discussions.

Comment

oh and here i thought the point of a forum was to have discussions.
            We are having a discussion I thought. You are complaining about Bebe's minutes tonight and I am telling you why I don't think it's a big deal.

Comment

We are having a discussion I thought. You are complaining about Bebe's minutes tonight and I am telling you why I don't think it's a big deal.
              i don't think its a "big deal" either, at least not as long as it doesn't consistently go that way.

point is that even if ibaka plays the 5 as much as he did tonight we still need a quality center for about 30 minutes. Bebe isn't filling that role at this point. Valanciunas can. When patterson's minute limit is lifted we should basically never see JV on the floor without either serge or pat, and those lineups should be very productive.

Comment

point is that even if ibaka plays the 5 as much as he did tonight we still need a quality center for about 30 minutes. Bebe isn't filling that role at this point. Valanciunas can. When patterson's minute limit is lifted we should basically never see JV on the floor without either serge or pat, and those lineups should be very productive.
                Agreed. But tonight when JV needed a blow, the reasonable choice was Bebe. He sucked when he got out there so he would get lifted after a couple minutes. If he continues to suck, I'm sure he'll get less and less minutes. Unfortunately JV doesn't have the gas tank to go 10 minutes into a quarter on the regular so it's not as simple as just letting the minutes that Bebe might get blend into JV's original shift.
                Last edited by Fully; Sat Feb 25, 2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Agreed. But tonight when JV needed a blow, the reasonable choice was Bebe. He sucked when he got out there so he would get lifted after a couple minutes. If he continues to suck, I'm sure he'll get less and less minutes. Unfortunately JV doesn't have the gas tank to go 10 minutes into a quarter on the regular so it's not as simple as just letting the minutes that Bebe might get blend into JV's original shift.
                  true. although im pretty sure he can go longer than 6 minutes too. 8-9 minutes is about all you should ask a big for at a time, though.

Comment

• JV was one of the only guys that showed up in the first 6 mins. He and Ibaka owned the glass. Casey pulled him out by predetermination. Never game him a touch to start the game. Bad gameplan, bad adjustment. Bebe was bad all night.
                    JV has played better the past month. Bebe has dropped off.
                    Bebe is gonna get eaten alive in the playoffs. JV is slow but he's a man. Bebe is a twig. LeBron will snap him.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      JV was one of the only guys that showed up in the first 6 mins. He and Ibaka owned the glass. Casey pulled him out by predetermination. Never game him a touch to start the game. Bad gameplan, bad adjustment. Bebe was bad all night.
                      Bebe is gonna get eaten alive in the playoffs. JV is slow but he's a man. Bebe is a twig. LeBron will snap him.
                      Yeah rebounding is going to be big in the Playoffs. Playing Bebe even for a few minutes can screw us.

Comment

...Bebe is a twig. LeBron will snap him.
                        Babe should never see any minutes against Cleveland. Just none.

Comment

Why is the reasonable choice when JV needs a blow not Ibaka, again?

Of course it's not as simple as that. Luckily we're paying a coach literally millions of dollars to be able to figure out high school level rotation choices like subbing Pat in for Ibaka a few minutes early so Ibaka can sub for JV at the 8 minute mark of the 1st.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Why is the reasonable choice when JV needs a blow not Ibaka, again?

Of course it's not as simple as that. Luckily we're paying a coach literally millions of dollars to be able to figure out high school level rotation choices like subbing Pat in for Ibaka a few minutes early so Ibaka can sub for JV at the 8 minute mark of the 1st.
                            Because Ibaka was still on the court when JV subbed out? The same way it's hard for JV to sub himself out in the first quarter, it's difficult to sub JV out with a player who was sharing the court with him at the time of the substitution.

And wasn't 2Pat on a minutes restriction? Let's keep in mind this was the first game with the new additions, and the first game with Patterson back from almost a month off with an injury. I'd guess that the rotations are work in progress and suggest we wait more than one game before losing our minds about it. And once again, Bebe got his lowest amount of playing time in a game since mid-November... things are trending how you want them to. He played very little, even if the minutes he did get were especially painful.
                            Last edited by Fully; Sat Feb 25, 2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

JV was one of the only guys that showed up in the first 6 mins. He and Ibaka owned the glass. Casey pulled him out by predetermination. Never game him a touch to start the game. Bad gameplan, bad adjustment. Bebe was bad all night.
                              Bebe probably won't see many if any minutes come playoff time.

Comment

• I agree with using Pat, Serge and JV as the 3 bigs going forward.

However, Casey is stubborn and he will almost certainly not pull Serge at the 5-6 min mark of the 1st and 3rd so that he can back up JV when he goes off at the 7-9 min mark.

He's shown he has little trust for JV. I would be pleasantly surprised if I saw this happen and JV is going to have to absolutely beast in his limited minutes for this to have any possibility of happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X