No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not optimistic that JV will get the opportunity in this year's postseason to do what he did last year.

Comment

• Whats a more valuable asset JV or Casey (considering how he let DeMar and Lowry do what hey want to develop into all stars)?

Comment

• Kind of sad since JV saved Casey's job with his performance in the playoffs. Ah well it is what it is.. hopefully we get something good in return for him

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          I'm not optimistic that JV will get the opportunity in this year's postseason to do what he did last year.
          I agree with you, but it's because this years playoff matchups wont favor a situation where Big Val can dominate. Besides the Cavs in the ECF what other team will really demand Val to play 30 min? There isn't really a dominate center/pf combo that the raps will have to face. Maybe ATL? but i believe we will get the 2/3 spot which avoid them.

Comment

• Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
            I agree with you, but it's because this years playoff matchups wont favor a situation where Big Val can dominate. Besides the Cavs in the ECF what other team will really demand Val to play 30 min? There isn't really a dominate center/pf combo that the raps will have to face. Maybe ATL? but i believe we will get the 2/3 spot which avoid them.
            Hawks, as mentioned. He dominated Pacers last yr. Usually gets the better of Drummond. Only other matchup is bulls and the whole team sucks in that matchup.

Comment

• Honestly it doesn't matter what the matchup is, Ibaka is going to be playing the 5 in the 4th quarter for the rest of the season and post season.

Even if the rebounding suffers because of it. We used to trot out Amir and 2 Pat to close out games and had rebounding issues then, but nothing changed throughout that season.

JV will never be a true option on offense with this team, and he doesn't have much impact on defense (to add, he doesn't really cause that many problems either). I honestly think he should be playing at least 20 mins a game but Casey seems to think he's a surefire negative to the team when he's on the court.
              OG is our king

Comment

• Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
                Did Indiana have a dominant C/PF combo last year? JV was our best player by far in that series.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Did Indiana have a dominant C/PF combo last year? JV was our best player by far in that series.
                  Well he was the beneficiary of many of those "off the rim" passes from our back court.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Well he was the beneficiary of many of those "off the rim" passes from our back court.
                    I actually looked it up in the playoffs at the time and he got most of his rebounds off of missed shots from role players, not from Lowry/DD, which is hard to believe but IIRC that was the case. Too many of DD/Lowry's shots were forced or rushed and he didn't have time or opportunity to get into rebounding position.

In any case, the point is that against small frontcourts he should be just as capable of impacting the game.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I actually looked it up in the playoffs at the time and he got most of his rebounds off of missed shots from role players, not from Lowry/DD, which is hard to believe but IIRC that was the case. Too many of DD/Lowry's shots were forced or rushed and he didn't have time or opportunity to get into rebounding position.

In any case, the point is that against small frontcourts he should be just as capable of impacting the game.
                      Well in my smartass way, my point was that as long as he's on the court he has a chance to impact the game, regardless of role.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                        I'm not optimistic that JV will get the opportunity in this year's postseason to do what he did last year.
                        Which is doubly unfortunate because it means his trade value will be rock bottom this summer.

Comment

• I missed the game last night, but JV was -19 in 13 minutes played.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            If I recall correctly; a poster ACTUALLY used that to defend one of our back court players in a serious manner.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              If I recall correctly; a poster ACTUALLY used that to defend one of our back court players in a serious manner.
                              And as I recall, that was why I bothered to look it up in the first place.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Which is doubly unfortunate because it means his trade value will be rock bottom this summer.
                                Nah I don't believe so

Comment

Working...
                                X