No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan used the bank shot out of the post most of the time. it's not a midrange catch and shoot tool.

Now, do i think JV should use glass on his post fadeaway? yes. but that's mostly my personal preference. Also he doesn't really need to fade away that often anyways.

Comment

• LMAO I found this on the JV video linked yesterday

"Dear Diary,

I really hate Jonas Valanciunas.

Every time I think I've finally done it, every time I think I've successfully ruined his career, he comes in and has one of his so-called "good games" that sets back all my progress. I am so tired of looking at that guy's dumb beard and stupid face and I just want him out of here.

This time, it was Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan who explicitly ignored my command to freeze Jonas out of the offense. They continued to pass him the ball despite my whispered comments to them during timeouts, and somehow, that lumbering oaf managed to score enough points to help us win the game. I was absolutely livid after the game, but for the players and the media I had to pretend to be happy that Jonas played so well. My only outlet is you, Mr. Diary.

I even personally paid the refs to call unreasonable ticky-tack fouls on Jonas so I would have an excuse to take him out of the game, but it didn't work. He still scored nineteen points. But it's not like I can just bench him permanently - the backlash would be too much and I would lose my job. So I have to give him minutes while trying to prevent him from being too involved in the offense. It's hard, but my hate for Jonas is so strong that I will never waver in my duty.

I hate Lithuania too. I've never been there but I'm sure it's a horrible, horrible place. If it was between going on vacation to Lithuania and killing myself, I would kill myself 100 times out of 100. Because Lithuania is the worst country in all of Europe. At least, I think it's in Europe. I'm not going to look at a map to find out because I hate Lithuania and the Lithuanian people so much.

If Jonas does this one more time, or, god forbid, does this in the playoffs, I think I'll lose my mind. I hate Jonas Valanciunas.

That's all, Mr. Diary. Thanks for listening.

-Dwayne"
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• liked what i saw from JV offensively in the 2nd half last night (obviously). Especially in the 4th with the game on the line, no hesitation on the jumper and a smooth floater layup off of a sweet ATO play and pass from derozan.

It's remarkable how much better Lowry is at hitting him on the roll than Joseph. Let's keep that up because even detroit who has real size inside can't contain that play.

some weak fouls and not his best night on the glass but i'm not too worried about that, he has the track record for rebounding. Later in the game I found the defence to be reasonably ok. i mean, smith and drummond is in principle a dangerous 1-5 PnR combo, quickness and finishing lobs, but they didn't really get too many chances to exploit that down the stretch.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          liked what i saw from JV offensively in the 2nd half last night (obviously). Especially in the 4th with the game on the line, no hesitation on the jumper and a smooth floater layup off of a sweet ATO play and pass from derozan.

It's remarkable how much better Lowry is at hitting him on the roll than Joseph. Let's keep that up because even detroit who has real size inside can't contain that play.

some weak fouls and not his best night on the glass but i'm not too worried about that, he has the track record for rebounding. Later in the game I found the defence to be reasonably ok. i mean, smith and drummond is in principle a dangerous 1-5 PnR combo, quickness and finishing lobs, but they didn't really get too many chances to exploit that down the stretch.
          Jv always eats vs detroit. He really has Drummond's number. But jv has been great these past few games and as usual he's ramping up his play as the postseason approaches. It's almost expected at this point haha.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
            Jv always eats vs detroit. He really has Drummond's number. But jv has been great these past few games and as usual he's ramping up his play as the postseason approaches. It's almost expected at this point haha.
            Trying to rep for his boy T-Ross
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
              "You're better than Drummond"
              -masai ujiri
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Great work by JV of late. Told ya not to panic!

Comment

• Not sure where to mention this, but BeBe and Patrick also have itty bitty baller figurines

Comment

• After watching JV take and hit that three, in the last game of the season, I want to change my grade of his season from a B to an A+.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      After watching JV take and hit that three, in the last game of the season, I want to change my grade of his season from a B to an A+.
                      Karl Anthony Towns eat your heart out!

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I can see him being a Marc Gasol/Brook Lopez type guy. Both of those guys learned to shoot.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            I can see him being a Marc Gasol/Brook Lopez type guy. Both of those guys learned to shoot.
                            Quote me on this, JV will be our best corner 3 point shooter next season
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              Quote me on this, JV will be our best corner 3 point shooter next season
                              Corner? JV and Ibaka are going to be twin assassins from above the break. Impossible to stop on the pick and pop.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Ouch!

https://medium.com/the-defeated/10-t...1-3b5de0cb5b9b

Comment

Working...
                                X