Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    As a friendly reminder, this is the Valanciunas thread. I would be happy to move the posts related to Tucker and salary valuation to a new thread, should you want to continue the discussion.
    nah.. i am done...
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Sorry Dan.. you c'mon man

Bradley will be eligible to make, at max 30% of say 100M to 105M cap next year which is 33M$ ish.

So lets say he doesn't get the max. I'll be conservativie and say somewhat arbitrarily that he gets close to 75 or 80 percent of it.
      His qualifications ?
      A 26 year old ball handling wing.. who makes 40% of his 3's and plays all NBA defense. I'll take 2 please.

I'd fire my agent if I got 75% of the max... which is 25m$
      Prepare to be disappointed, then, and I feel sorry for your agent. The cap crunch is real and with limited money to throw around, Bradley will be well down the priority list for teams. He'll still get paid, mostly for his defence, but not a near-max salary, except perhaps by some idiot team like the Knicks paying Hardaway, that will shortly regret it. More likely he ends up in that 20M range.

He's a 26 year old ball handling wing (going on 27 this fall and 28 next fall when his new deal will start), who doesn't carry heavy usage, doesn't really rack up many assists, and whose big selling point is his defence and rebounding, the former of which is hit or miss (all-NBA one year and pretty mediocre the next), and the latter of which is built on a single year of good rebounding. He's actually not hit 40% from 3 since his volume ramped up a half decade ago and averages under 37% over the past three years. He shoots with volume, at least.

He'll get a nice contract. But he'll be at the top of no one's list.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        As a friendly reminder, this is the Valanciunas thread. I would be happy to move the posts related to Tucker and salary valuation to a new thread, should you want to continue the discussion.
        Sorry.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          He's a 26 year old ball handling wing (going on 27 this fall and 28 next fall when his new deal will start), who doesn't carry heavy usage, doesn't really rack up many assists, and whose big selling point is his defence and rebounding, the former of which is hit or miss (all-NBA one year and pretty mediocre the next), and the latter of which is built on a single year of good rebounding. He's actually not hit 40% from 3 since his volume ramped up a half decade ago and averages under 37% over the past three years. He shoots with volume, at least.
          Plus, he's very injury prone.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JV looking pretty fit in the few photos of seem of him training. Looking forward to seeing him play for LTH.

Comment

• Still really think he'd and we'd be best served as a 6th man for us.

Comment

• Looking really lean.

Comment

• Beach bod
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I think JV took last summer off and let himself go a little and he obviously struggled in that FIBA championship and last year's season in the NBA. But it seems like he's having himself quite a summer. Training a lot, trimming down and all. Reminds me of Lowry couple of summers back where he shocked everybody getting in shape of his life. It could be a great season for JV.

Comment

• bad form though.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                        I think JV took last summer off and let himself go a little and he obviously struggled in that FIBA championship and last year's season in the NBA. But it seems like he's having himself quite a summer. Training a lot, trimming down and all. Reminds me of Lowry couple of summers back where he shocked everybody getting in shape of his life. It could be a great season for JV.
                        Agreed. He truly does look a lot more trim this offseason. But I always said if the trade rumours and not playing his best or being in the best shape last season wasn't enough motivation for him to get his shit together then he was never serious about the game. You can't have guys on your team like Demar and Norm working as hard as they do and then you're just over here half assing it. Also I know the Raptors probably told him they want him to get his body right for next season.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. He truly does look a lot more trim this offseason. But I always said if the trade rumours and not playing his best or being in the best shape last season wasn't enough motivation for him to get his shit together then he was never serious about the game. You can't have guys on your team like Demar and Norm working as hard as they do and then you're just over here half assing it. Also I know the Raptors probably told him they want him to get his body right for next season.
                          Sure, but at the same time I can understand it. I mean, this guy was basically playing ball and training every day since he was 15. Every summer working on his game and playing for the national team. Each and every year. At some point you just can't stand it anymore. Doesn't matter how much you love the thing that you're doing. You need a break from it. I just think that he's making the right turn right now. I think it's fun again and he's motivated. So we see it with him working on his body. I expect to see some fire in him again when he'll step on the court.
                          I think they'll be playing some friendlies over the next couple of days?!

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                            Sure, but at the same time I can understand it. I mean, this guy was basically playing ball and training every day since he was 15. Every summer working on his game and playing for the national team. Each and every year. At some point you just can't stand it anymore. Doesn't matter how much you love the thing that you're doing. You need a break from it. I just think that he's making the right turn right now. I think it's fun again and he's motivated. So we see it with him working on his body. I expect to see some fire in him again when he'll step on the court.
                            I think they'll be playing some friendlies over the next couple of days?!
                            Yep, first one is tomorrow.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I'm going to guess that snaiperis means sniper. Keep at it JV.

I doubt he's fully functional from that range after just this off-season, but can you imagine this offence with he and Ibaka as your two big men if he was? It would be silly.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X