Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Fuck.... that's not good news to hear. Hope JV is okay.
    He played the rest of the game, but yes, hopefully it doesn't swell up on him or anything.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• How did he badly injure his ankle AND miss 2 free throws at the very end of the game? Judging by the time of the tweets seems that he went back in?

I guess that's good news...except now he's probably going to continue playing for his country on a bad ankle.

Comment

• Comment

• What did JV finish with?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• JV is the Raptor's whipping boy of 2017 but if he's got another notch of development as he rounds into a true NBA veteran, Valanciunas can be a winning big man. He's got an ugly game, a bit like DeMar in that it's going to annoy many, but people always say/said that bigs take a while - the guy has over 4000 points and 3000 rebounds in the nba by the age of 24.

Jonas has produced for winning teams and, just like with DeMar, you have to think that production, and that practice, will pay off like it traditionally has for 7-footers - ages 25-28.

I suggest you mute this video in favour of one of your own favourite tunes, and get down with the Lithuanian Lightning and your bad self.

PS - over the last three seasons JV has a PER of what... 21?
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Aug 9, 2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              JV is the Raptor's whipping boy of 2017 but if he's got another notch of development as he rounds into a true NBA veteran, Valanciunas can be a winning big man. He's got an ugly game, a bit like DeMar in that it's going to annoy many, but people always say/said that bigs take a while - the guy has over 4000 points and 3000 rebounds in the nba by the age of 24.

Jonas has produced for winning teams and, just like with DeMar, you have to think that production, and that practice, will pay off like it traditionally has for 7-footers - ages 25-28.

I suggest you mute this video in favour of one of your own favourite tunes, and get down with the Lithuanian Lightning and your bad self.

PS - over the last three seasons JV has a PER of what... 21?
              https://www.basketball-reference.com...7-sum:advanced

Right around there, yeah.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• There goes JV's diet.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Comment

• Sounds like? Does he mean JV's grunting and yelling game is in mid-season form? That's um, good I guess.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Plays in under an hour, vs France

Comment

• A little surprised by the lack of highlights for him this go round. Usually the Lithuanian fans have been quick to post them. Plenty of Poelt highlights from his play with Austria out there.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Plays in under an hour, vs France
                          i just checked the stream, caught the last five mins or so before half time. haven't seen many touches from JV. looks like he's a bit more trim and maybe moving his feet a bit quicker though.

the main takeaway is that lithuania's guards are a disaster. can't shoot, can't dribble, can't pass.
                          Last edited by KHD; Tue Aug 15, 2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• French ain't happy with Valanciunas, found this on twitter:

Valanciunas c'est la softitude incarnée... au moindre contact il explose et on lui donne la faute...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              French ain't happy with Valanciunas, found this on twitter:

Valanciunas c'est la softitude incarnée... au moindre contact il explose et on lui donne la faute...

So they're calling him soft/flopper?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                                So they're calling him soft/flopper?
                                Yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X