Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    I don't care about 25 other teams. I want to have a chance at the title.
    Well then you may wanna follow a different team this season because we are not beating Cleveland and we aren't going to be a top 5 defensive team. If we are the young guys must have improved way more than any of us could have thought. Maybe next year lol
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Lottttttttttttttta Powell talk in this JV thread.

Comment

• Having a role player that can make a play when Deebo/Kyle get trapped. Where have I heard this before? Funny how having competent role players can make such a difference.

Teams know they can't consistently stop Deebo/Kyle one on one. So they double because they haven't feared our previous role players. Guys like Ibaka/Powell make you pay. Guys like Ross/Carroll/2pat don't.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Having a role player that can make a play when Deebo/Kyle get trapped. Where have I heard this before? Funny how having competent role players can make such a difference.

Teams know they can't consistently stop Deebo/Kyle one on one. So they double because they haven't feared our previous role players. Guys like Ibaka/Powell make you pay. Guys like Ross/Carroll/2pat don't.

If that's the case shouldn't we be a little concerned that it took Masai five offseasons to figure it out?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            If that's the case shouldn't we be a little concerned that it took Masai five offseasons to figure it out?
            “Our two guys are talented,” Ujiri said. “We need guys around them to really help them. That’s what we’ve talked about with the reset and trying to play a different way.”

http://sports.abs-cbn.com/nba/news/2...-offense-30910

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Having a role player that can make a play when Deebo/Kyle get trapped. Where have I heard this before? Funny how having competent role players can make such a difference.

They haven't always been double teamed in the playoffs have they? I think George locked up DD pretty good on his own...not sure about Miami, Bucks or the Cavs though. I'm not down on either of those guys but the reality is they haven't "brought it" in the playoffs and I can't put that completely on the role players around them. The stars have to lead by example and playoffs have been a train wreck for DD/Lowry and the Raptors...genuinely some of the ugliest basketball I've seen. Just give me one damn playoff series where we look like our regular season team.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                They haven't always been double teamed in the playoffs have they? I think George locked up DD pretty good on his own...not sure about Miami, Bucks or the Cavs though. I'm not down on either of those guys but the reality is they haven't "brought it" in the playoffs and I can't put that completely on the role players around them. The stars have to lead by example and playoffs have been a train wreck for DD/Lowry and the Raptors...genuinely some of the ugliest basketball I've seen. Just give me one damn playoff series where we look like our regular season team.
                All I care about is the win. You guys care more about how we win than the actual winning.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

All I care about is the win. You guys care more about how we win than the actual winning.

But how we win is important to determining whether we can consistently continue to win in the playoffs.

1 of the main reasons the Raptors struggle in the playoffs is that we basically go net zero with our starters and rely on our Lowry+Bench lineups to destroy opposing bench units. That's fine during the regular season, but this one-dimensional strategy dissipates in effectiveness in the playoffs because other teams shorten their rotations to 8 guys, and don't give us those crappy bench units to feast on.

Along with us being very over-reliant on the brilliance of two players, that is the main reason why we drop off in the playoffs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    But how we win is important to determining whether we can consistently continue to win in the playoffs.

1 of the main reasons the Raptors struggle in the playoffs is that we basically go net zero with our starters and rely on our Lowry+Bench lineups to destroy opposing bench units. That's fine during the regular season, but this one-dimensional strategy dissipates in effectiveness in the playoffs because other teams shorten their rotations to 8 guys, and don't give us those crappy bench units to feast on.

Along with us being very over-reliant on the brilliance of two players, that is the main reason why we drop off in the playoffs.
                    It's hard to factor out the impact of Lowry's shooting-affecting injuries on our playoff performances.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      It's hard to factor out the impact of Lowry's shooting-affecting injuries on our playoff performances.
                      Here's one: Lowry's shooting had nothing to do with getting plastered by the Lebrons two years in a row.

Seriously, I see two issues in the playoffs. One is Kyle, DD, and the offence in general struggling against lesser or equivalent teams, and having to fight tooth and nail to get out of almost any series. The second is how they completely and embarrassingly roll over when they meet the Lebrons. Those spineless collapses are about a lot more than shooting, player roles, and strategic adjustments. Those losses make me question the guts of this roster. They vaporize any credibility these guys spend 82 games building for themselves. The Raptors were literally an NBA laughingstock vs the Cavs this past year. I don't care if they lose in 4 games if they at least bring their balls to the gym.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Lol we both know that isn't true. You the biggest DD homer on the board want to see his regular season dominance in the playoffs as much as I do. If he and Lowry can get their games off in the playoffs then it makes sticking with this system worth it, not to mention furthering our chances of getting past the Cav's.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Here's one: Lowry's shooting had nothing to do with getting plastered by the Lebrons two years in a row.

Seriously, I see two issues in the playoffs. One is Kyle, DD, and the offence in general struggling against lesser or equivalent teams, and having to fight tooth and nail to get out of almost any series. The second is how they completely and embarrassingly roll over when they meet the Lebrons. Those spineless collapses are about a lot more than shooting, player roles, and strategic adjustments. Those losses make me question the guts of this roster. They vaporize any credibility these guys spend 82 games building for themselves. The Raptors were literally an NBA laughingstock vs the Cavs this past year. I don't care if they lose in 4 games if they at least bring their balls to the gym.
                          You're saying we couldn't have used a 100% Kyle Lowry versus the Cavs this year? That wouldn't have helped in that series?

The Raps were outclassed by the Cavs and suffered a meltdown, hit the wall, whatever you want to call it. But if Lowry hadn't sprained his ankle, after already having a bum wrist, we might have had a fighting chance to steal a game or two...again.

And don't forget what the Cavs did to the Celts.
                          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Sep 19, 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Lol we both know that isn't true. You the biggest DD homer on the board want to see his regular season dominance in the playoffs as much as I do. If he and Lowry can get their games off in the playoffs then it makes sticking with this system worth it, not to mention furthering our chances of getting past the Cav's.
                            It's not true. As long as the team wins I'm happy. Do you see me complaining?Raptors have the 3rd most playoffs wins after G-State/CAVS. That's pretty good accomplishment when you compare all three rosters.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              You're saying we couldn't have used a 100% Kyle Lowry versus the Cavs this year? That wouldn't have helped in that series?

The Raps were outclassed by the Cavs and suffered a meltdown, hit the wall, whatever you want to call it. But if Lowry hadn't sprained his ankle, after already having a bum wrist, we might have had a fighting chance to steal a game or two...again.

And don't forget what the Cavs did to the Celts.
                              Hard to believe that we had much of a fighting chance when both of our stars were openly saying how LeBron can't be beat.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's not true. As long as the team wins I'm happy. Do you see me complaining?Raptors have the 3rd most playoffs wins after G-State/CAVS. That's pretty good accomplishment when you compare all three rosters.

Raps have had one of the deepest rosters in the NBA for years. The fact that our depth can carry us in the playoffs when DD and Lowry flounder is a credit to Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X