Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

There's a misconception that's arisen because we are such a terrible team at delivering the ball to our bigs (be it basic post entry passes or hitting the roll man), and that's that Jonas is a fumbling turnover waiting to happen. The issue more than anything is timing. We don't run those plays so our timing is always shit. We were 27th of 30 teams in hitting the roll man and 22nd of 30 in post possessions.
    yep.

look at how shitty Ibaka looked trying to receive post passes from Kyle. Our guards are hilariously bad at passing to bigs in general.

Comment

• Casey pointed out the sloppy passing in the presser
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Jonas showed some nice passing out of the high post yesterday on a few occasions. I'd like to see that used more as a way to generate buckets (especially to get DeMar's off-ball cuts up, more like Wade with the Heatles). If we go to that more and JV can consistently make those plays, that's really gonna be a nice alternative weapon for us to initiate and create some offense with.

Comment

• JV continues to look good.

Comment

• You know when Jonas is playing well because this thread is quiett

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
              You know when Jonas is playing well because this thread is quiett
              Good time to trade him
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• There was a question on the sbnation raptors preview podcast about if you'd rather this be the year valancuiunas breaks out or Powell breaks out. They all said Powell.

I think the answer should be jv, jv already has a deal whereas Powell could be in line for a big payday if he breaks out. Keep him under the radar for another year.

Comment

• I would agree and say Powell. Jv will still seat when we play teams like Boston/Cleveland. Especially with Love starting at C for Cleveland. Horford will start at C in the playoffs.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We need both of them to "break out" - to be our 4th star A & B.

Comment

• "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Raising that value
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Casey continues to rave about Valanciunas, who's been a standout in camp/preseason. "This is the best I've seen Jonas play"
                          "Jonas, as a reward, you now get 27 minutes instead of 26."

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            "Jonas, as a reward, you now get 27 minutes instead of 26."
                            But still only 8 touches

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I would agree and say Powell. Jv will still seat when we play teams like Boston/Cleveland. Especially with Love starting at C for Cleveland. Horford will start at C in the playoffs.
                              Just a different way to look at it (not saying either is right): If Jonas breaks out, none of the top teams have anyone who can stop him. It gives the Raptors offense a new look, whereas Powell wouldn't bring anything to the table that DD or Lowry can't already do, on offence at least. Plus I assume if Casey is raving about JV he thinks he will at least be able to compete with those guys you mentioned on defense.

Like someone else mentioned, hopefully they both break out

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Just a different way to look at it (not saying either is right): If Jonas breaks out, none of the top teams have anyone who can stop him. It gives the Raptors offense a new look, whereas Powell wouldn't bring anything to the table that DD or Lowry can't already do, on offence at least. Plus I assume if Casey is raving about JV he thinks he will at least be able to compete with those guys you mentioned on defense.

Like someone else mentioned, hopefully they both break out
                                I personally just think they are just trying to raise JV's value. They know they have to trade him in 2018.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X