No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suns have been a shit show for like 4 years. Terrible management, culture and coaching. Where as Jazz have done everything right.

PJ Tucker changed our D over night after not being able to do a thing in PHX. Is he washed too?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Lowe brought up Chandler because he was looking at the 2018-2019 books, not the 2017-2018 books. Chandler makes $2-3M less than JV, and the Raps would be about $4M in tax if the same roster is there next year (minus Bruno and Bebe). But that still doesn't help us get under the tax and an additional move (or two) would still have to be made.

So if we're going to trade JV for a C that C should make at least $4-5M less per year in my opinion assuming the Raps need to avoid taxes again next year. So Chandler really makes no sense to me.
      The numbers are worse than that, by my calculations. More like 9M over the tax. So if you trade JV for a cheap replacement to duck the tax, they'd better make about 5-6M.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• PJ Tucker when traded for was 4 years younger than Tyson Chandler is now. We'd basically be taking on Chandler's age 35, 36 and 37 seasons. Even if he is a better fit with the team then JV is now (which he isn't), he definitely won't be two years from now.

I really hope MLSE just accepts that the team is going into the tax next year. I'm pretty sure they have, or they wouldn't have given the go ahead on the extension on Powell.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          PJ Tucker when traded for was 4 years younger than Tyson Chandler is now. We'd basically be taking on Chandler's age 35, 36 and 37 seasons. Even if he is a better fit with the team then JV is now (which he isn't), he definitely won't be two years from now.

I really hope MLSE just accepts that the team is going into the tax next year. I'm pretty sure they have, or they wouldn't have given the go ahead on the extension on Powell.
          According to this his contract ends summer 2019. Which he will 36 at that point. PJ tucker is only 2 year younger than Chandler.

JV has player option of $17,617,978(cap hit) for 2019-20. Which we all know he is going to take. I can't see MLSE paying that we they have a better two way center right behind. Who they picked 9th overall.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...chandty01.html

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Oct 25, 2017, 11:08 AM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Suns have 12 players 25 or younger. Utah Jazz have 7. Jazz have 5 players 30+ and Suns have 2. Jazz obviously have the better coach as well.
            Gobert's breakout season was 2015-16. Jazz finished 7th in DRTG. Of the top 8 players in minutes played, 7 of them were 25 years and younger. Oldest guy in top 8 was only 28. Even then, of the top 7 minute played, only 1 player was even 25 years old (Hayward). In fact, you could go back to the 2nd half of 2014-15, when that roster was even younger and Gobert turned them to be top 10 defensively over that period.

Sorry, man, you're just not going to win the Gobert argument. Give up.

Comment

According to this his contract ends summer 2019. Which he will 36 at that point. PJ tucker is only 2 year younger than Chandler.

JV has player option of $17,617,978(cap hit) for 2019-20. Which we all know he is going to take. I can't see MLSE paying that we they have a better two way center right behind. Who they picked 9th overall.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...chandty01.html

Why would he use his player option? He'll only be 27 and in his prime. Plus $17M isn't much these days.. and won't in 3 years either.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Gobert's breakout season was 2015-16. Jazz finished 7th in DRTG. Of the top 8 players in minutes played, 7 of them were 25 years and younger. Oldest guy in top 8 was only 28. Even then, of the top 7 minute played, only 1 player was even 25 years old (Hayward). In fact, you could go back to the 2nd half of 2014-15, when that roster was even younger and Gobert turned them to be top 10 defensively over that period.

Sorry, man, you're just not going to win the Gobert argument. Give up.
                What Gobert arguement? My whole arguement is that Chandler is still a good player. Your arguement was that Chandler didn't make Suns better defensive team so he sucks. Well PJ couldnt either and look what he did to our young team. If you think management, culture and coaching doesn't play apart in than you obviously didnt pay attention when Ibaka/PJ came here and made a difference. When they couldn't do it for the teams they were on prior to getting here.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Why would he use his player option? He'll only be 27 and in his prime. Plus $17M isn't much these days.. and won't in 3 years either.
                  We couldn't find a taker for him on a cheaper contract but, some random team is going to pay him 17+ mill a year in 2019? With the game trending the way it is.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

We couldn't find a taker for him on a cheaper contract but, some random team is going to pay him 17+ mill a year in 2019? With the game trending the way it is.

But we probably could find such a deal, and Masai had no interest. He wanted value in a trade, and there's a difference between paying a guy his salary in free agency and giving up assets for the privilege of paying him that salary via trade.

Never mind that even if his value is like 12M per year, it makes plenty of financial sense to opt out of 17 to get, say, the security of a 3/36 type deal.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Plus, who the hell cares about 19-20? The window will be closing, Ibaka and Lowry will be heading out the door, tax will not be a long term concern anymore. What is one year of JV?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah.. I think they will. 17M+ isn't much. We don't know what Masai was asking for though. Maybe he wanted a lottery pick and teams were shy about giving one up. So Masai killed any deal.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          But we probably could find such a deal, and Masai had no interest. He wanted value in a trade, and there's a difference between paying a guy his salary in free agency and giving up assets for the privilege of paying him that salary via trade.

Never mind that even if his value is like 12M per year, it makes plenty of financial sense to opt out of 17 to get, say, the security of a 3/36 type deal.
                          Wouldn't it make more sense to opt in get the 17 mill and than get 12 mill the next year. Player rarely leave money on the table. Especially if you don't think your going to get it some where else.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Plus, who the hell cares about 19-20? The window will be closing, Ibaka and Lowry will be heading out the door, tax will not be a long term concern anymore. What is one year of JV?
                            Because Yak would be cheaper and the better two way player. We all know Ross was the better offensive player between him and Powell. Powell was the better two way player and cheaper.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Y'all really think they drafted Yak to be a career backup?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to opt in get the 17 mill and than get 12 mill the next year. Player rarely leave money on the table. Especially if you don't think your going to get it some where else.

It happens almost every summer, a free agent or two opt out of their final year and take a longer term but lower hit contract.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X