Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Nobody is telling Masai what to do. If we’re not allowed to comment on moves we’d like to see made because we’re not in the front office then just shut down the fucking forum. Getting so sick of hearing that type of bullshit and it’s not the first time fuck off with that.
    Easy sparky.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Easy sparky.
      Ah taunting, cool.

Comment

Ah taunting, cool.
        Not even close. Just a reminder to take it easy before you spew off on fellow posters from your friendly neighbourhood moderators.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Not even close. Just a reminder to take it easy before you spew off on fellow posters from your friendly neighbourhood moderators.
          I actually wasn't talking to anybody specifically. It's a general sentiment. I see it here, I hear it in bars, I see it on other forums. "Stop talking you aren't the GM". Ok then let's just never talk about sports then.

Comment

I actually wasn't talking to anybody specifically. It's a general sentiment. I see it here, I hear it in bars, I see it on other forums. "Stop talking you aren't the GM". Ok then let's just never talk about sports then.
            And if a bar tender hears you tell the collective to “fuck off”, he’ll likely tell you to take it easy. Same thing here. So take it easy.

Comment

• Any news on JV health? We'll need him against the Blazers. Their rebounding is crazy good.

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                Any news on JV health? We'll need him against the Blazers. Their rebounding is crazy good.
                The Raptors can neither confirm nor deny that JV is injured.

Comment

• JV for Wes Matthews and Noel? Dallas avoids another contract saga with Noel. We get a 3+D starting caliber 3-man and Noel backs up Poeltl/Serge at the 5

Comment

JV for Wes Matthews and Noel? Dallas avoids another contract saga with Noel. We get a 3+D starting caliber 3-man and Noel backs up Poeltl/Serge at the 5
                    I have to admit, I find this scenario intriguing. Mathews has had a great start to the season, too.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I have to admit, I find this scenario intriguing. Mathews has had a great start to the season, too.
                      Career 38+% 3PT shooter on over 5 attempts a game. Very, very good defender at the 2, 3 and some small ball 4.

We'd have to include another guy to make money work (Bruno or Bebe... or both) and it'd put us into the tax for sure but I like it.

Comment

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Nov 2, 2017, 12:51 AM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This narrative of us desperately needing JV's rebounding is just not true and has never bore out statistically.

Even right now the lineup of Lowry-DD-Powell-Ibaka-JV only has a 1% higher rebound percentage than Lowry-DD-Powell-Siakam-Ibaka as starting units. Last year we saw in the playoffs that the Lowry-DD-Powell-Carroll-Ibaka starting unit actually had a higher rebounding percentage than the one with JV in it. In the on-off stats last year, our rebounding was again only 1% worse with JV off as opposed to on.

Heck, we just played Portland on the road recently. They're currently the best rebounding team in the league and we outrebounded them by 9 without JV playing. Not to mention, Poeltl looks like he could easily be just as good of an individual rebounder as Valanciunas given the playing time.

Not to mention individual rebounding is a bit overrated anyway. What JV provides in that area he gives up because he's not good defensively and forces us to play Serge out of position for the majority of the game. The poor defense means the team is often out of position to get rebounds. JV can win those battles because he's a great individual rebounder, but other guys cannot which is why he has a minimal impact on the team's OVERALL rebounding (which is what fucking matters not his boxscore rebounding stat) when he's on the floor. We can continue to ignore all the evidence that supports this or accept it and use that information to make decisions.

The team has a glut at the center position (we have 4 centers right now who all should be getting playing time in Serge, JV, Poeltl, Ibaka) and a dearth of perimeter shooting. This isn't really a complicated problem.
                            Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Fri Nov 3, 2017, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• "We can continue to ignore all the evidence that supports this or accept it and use that information to make decisions."

Actually WE can't do anything. It's Masai and his staff that make the decisions. It seems to be killing you that the Raptors aren't implementing your plans. But there is no point working so hard to convince the people that frequent this forum that you are right about this. Of course you are free to do whatever you want. I just don't understand why you keep hammering on the theme of "move JV and get a shooter who plays good defense." Even if everyone finally agreed with you, it wouldn't change anything. It's not like you can get everyone to sign a petition and then send it to Masai and then they agree to move JV.

You put a lot of time and effort into promoting your position. It seems like a thankless task.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                "We can continue to ignore all the evidence that supports this or accept it and use that information to make decisions."

Actually WE can't do anything. It's Masai and his staff that make the decisions. It seems to be killing you that the Raptors aren't implementing your plans. But there is no point working so hard to convince the people that frequent this forum that you are right about this. Of course you are free to do whatever you want. I just don't understand why you keep hammering on the theme of "move JV and get a shooter who plays good defense." Even if everyone finally agreed with you, it wouldn't change anything. It's not like you can get everyone to sign a petition and then send it to Masai and then they agree to move JV.

You put a lot of time and effort into promoting your position. It seems like a thankless task.
                                No when I say we I mean the general sentiment on the board.

I know the Raptors can't do anything without a good deal arising, and I'm not frustrated by the lack of a move at all. I also know what I say here has zero impact on the team's actions.

I just have an issue with people who think the current situation is ideal and doesn't have a significant problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X