Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I feel like we’re always in two situations.

1. Jonas is playing so well that he’s invaluable and we’d never get proper value back in a trade.

2. We should have traded Jonas when he was playing well because now he’s virtually useless and he can’t be moved and he’s hurting the team.

How many times have we gone through this cycle?
    The good news is situation 2 is always a silly over-reaction, and when people express that idea, situation 1 usually still applies even when people are being ridiculous.

JV's value to the team has exceeded his trade value for the entirety of the current playoff streak.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Well I don't know JV personally so I can't make a comment if I would like him or not. It would be hard for me to get over the whole drinking and driving thing though.

I didn't know you had to know every player personally to cheer for a team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Err..I meant like him as a basketball player, for being a good basketball employee on my basketball team. I have no comment on a 21 year old guy getting caught once with a beer bottle in his car, and certainly not 4 years later. Id be throwing stones from my glass house, I had a rough upbringing, some would say
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Well I don't know JV personally so I can't make a comment if I would like him or not. It would be hard for me to get over the whole drinking and driving thing though.

Man oh man, I cannot believe you won't get over this. He was not drunk. This is a fact. It's been said a million times.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Man oh man, I cannot believe you won't get over this. He was not drunk. This is a fact. It's been said a million times.
          Nah mate, he was drunk.

ORONTO — Drinking and driving charges against Toronto Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas have been dropped.

“We are delighted that the crown agreed to review the case and agreed with us that there was no reasonable prospect of conviction,” Valanciunas’s lawyer Alan Gold said in an email.

Valanciunas was arrested in April in Wasaga Beach, Ont., and charged with having greater than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The arrest came just before the Raptors started a first-round playoff season against the Brooklyn Nets.

Ontario Provincial Police made the arrest following a report that a vehicle went through a drive-thru with open beer bottles visible.

Police say officers located the vehicle at a home, where they arrested Valanciunas, alleging he was under the influence of alcohol while driving.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            He blew over 80 when arrested. Crown dropped charges because they wouldn't be able to prove he was over 80 when he drove or after he got back to the house where the police found him.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              He blew over 80 when arrested. Crown dropped charges because they wouldn't be able to prove he was over 80 when he drove or after he got back to the house where the police found him.
              "Boys will be boys"
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                "Boys will be boys"
                Beer makes you bulky and slow. Real boys smoke pot.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  The good news is situation 2 is always a silly over-reaction, and when people express that idea, situation 1 usually still applies even when people are being ridiculous.

JV's value to the team has exceeded his trade value for the entirety of the current playoff streak.
                  Oh I totally agree. JV is a big part of our success and when he doesn’t play well it hurts our team because of how important he is to our success. I also think swapping him for DJ would hurt our offence and it wouldn’t make our defence that much better. Sure on paper DJ is a better defender but making that switch would like I said hurt the offence and potentially the locker room as JV is obviously well liked by everyone in the organization.

Comment

Beer makes you bulky and slow. Real boys smoke pot.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Lightweights. I went to work on 2 tabs of acid

Comment

weren't you the one who wanted the raps to trade for markieff morris, a guy who was charged with assault?
                        Last edited by KHD; Wed Jan 31, 2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

toronto's finest.

seriously, what a weird, dumb story this was.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            weren't you the one who wanted the raps to trade for markieff morris, a guy who was charged with assault?
                            I hate when people attempt to bring 'morals' into the convo. Judge a player on his ability to affect wins/losses, that's it.

Comment

Pretty sure there was no breathalyzer. But if people are going to hold this against him for the rest of his life, go for it, I guess.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I hate when people attempt to bring 'morals' into the convo. Judge a player on his ability to affect wins/losses, that's it.
                                Exactly. It was weird to be brought up in the first place but not suprising given the source

Comment

Working...
                                X