Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I hate when people attempt to bring 'morals' into the convo. Judge a player on his ability to affect wins/losses, that's it.
    Christian is just upset that he's on the wrong side of the #ProveEm debate this time, with JV. Kind of ironic, but mostly just petty and dumb. We should all be happy that JV's finally being utilized like we all wanted. And that Ride or Die is slowly dieing. Some people would rather be right than happy, is the moral of the story, I guess.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Exactly. It was weird to be brought up in the first place but not suprising given the source
      I'd understand if JV was chronic DUI offender. But he's not. He wasn't even convicted, so this should not be brought up. Are NBA players allowed to drink alcohol before games though? I know that football(soccer) clubs forbid alcohol, red meat less than 48 hours before a game. Just wondering.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Christian is just upset that he's on the wrong side of the #ProveEm debate this time, with JV. Kind of ironic, but mostly just petty and dumb. We should all be happy that JV's finally being utilized like we all wanted. And that Ride or Die is slowly dieing. Some people would rather be right than happy, is the moral of the story, I guess.
        He doesn't care about the team just his favourites: Casey, DeMar and Siakam.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          I'd understand if JV was chronic DUI offender. But he's not. He wasn't even convicted, so this should not be brought up. Are NBA players allowed to drink alcohol before games though? I know that football(soccer) clubs forbid alcohol, red meat less than 48 hours before a game. Just wondering.
          Red meat?
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

No brain tonic either, skip.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Red meat?
              Yup.. To control saturated fat intake, I guess. Premier League clubs are strict af. Some clubs have banned ketchup, fizzy drinks. Man City banned pizza for full season. Post-game pizza is a go-to meal for all athletes
              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jan 31, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Yup.. To control saturated fat intake, I guess. Premier League clubs are strict af. Some clubs have banned ketchup, fizzy drinks. Man City banned pizza for full season. Post-game pizza is a go-to meal for all athletes
                damn, i mean is it even worth being a pro athlete at this point?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  damn, i mean is it even worth being a pro athlete at this point?
                  In his most sensational exposé to date, the player known only as ‘The Secret Footballer’, says their extravagant globe-trotting party antics “made the Wolf of Wall Street look like a f** sheepdog.”

“The book will shock a lot of people,” he told Mirror Sport in an exclusive first interview. “It is what it is.

"We were the kings of Vegas, we did hijack air stewardesses for lost weeks, we did bring nightclubs to a standstill.”

From Marbella and Ibiza to Dubai and Las Vegas, he lays bare how players splashed their multi-million pound salaries on sex, drugs and booze during the pre-season break.
                  In Vegas, players would take lines of cocaine and were once involved in a ‘champagne war’ with three World Cup-winning Brazilian players competing for the attention of the same woman.

It escalated quickly, involving an entire case of Cristal and culminating in a bottle of champagne with sparklers flying across a club on a zip wire.

Their fixer for the night handed them a bill for a cool $130,000.

Three players are said to have engaged in 'Champagne wars' for the attention of one woman (Image: Cultura RF)
                  Bedding women, The Secret Footballer says, was an easy task.

“Because of football I could have been in a different bed every night,” he says.

“You’re in your mid-20s with s*** loads of money and women are throwing themselves at you.

"Lots of us – and I do mean lots – shun all of that for the greater good.

“If I saw a teammate doing too much of that then he was pinned to the changing room wall and told in no uncertain terms to stop.”

Romping on planes was not uncommon during pre-season when teams would travel for friendly games.
                  Last edited by rocwell; Wed Jan 31, 2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

wow lol

Comment

• But no red meat.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        But no red meat.
                        That's just a pre-game restriction. I'm sure they can handle it

Comment

• JV is currently top 5 in scoring and rebounds on a per minute basis among all centres. Could he produce like that if he played 34 minutes a game? I believe so if he continued to get lots of touches through the game. That seems to be happening more. I'd be so frustrated in past years when JV would get fed for the first 5 minutes, score 6 or 8 points and then go out and be seen again at the end of the second quarter if then. Now that his defence is so improved I see no reason for the minutes not to go up; and they have been of late. Hopefully he'll get lots of usage in the playoffs. Seems a more consistent offensive option sometimes when the jump shots aren't falling.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                            JV is currently top 5 in scoring and rebounds on a per minute basis among all centres. Could he produce like that if he played 34 minutes a game? I believe so if he continued to get lots of touches through the game. That seems to be happening more. I'd be so frustrated in past years when JV would get fed for the first 5 minutes, score 6 or 8 points and then go out and be seen again at the end of the second quarter if then. Now that his defence is so improved I see no reason for the minutes not to go up; and they have been of late. Hopefully he'll get lots of usage in the playoffs. Seems a more consistent offensive option sometimes when the jump shots aren't falling.
                            Other teams go small in an end of game scenario, and the Raptors need points, why isn't the guy whose arms are 3" from the rim out there in the paint receiving passes? Has JV even been out there long enough to have any clutch stats to look at?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Other teams go small in an end of game scenario, and the Raptors need points, why isn't the guy whose arms are 3" from the rim out there in the paint receiving passes? Has JV even been out there long enough to have any clutch stats to look at?
                              To be fair, the reason why JV hasn't been out there in clutch time was because of his defense. That's actually the most exciting thing about JV's improvement this year. He's making great decisions on D.... discouraging drivers, preventing lobs & dump-off, while still keeping his man off the boards. Basically, he's dominating the paint. For some reason, it seems like the lightbulb has gone on for him at that end of the floor. He also has great chemistry with Ibaka.

That said, other than clutch time, there was no reason in the past for not utilizing JV more, like we've all been saying for 4+ years.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I hate when people attempt to bring 'morals' into the convo. Judge a player on his ability to affect wins/losses, that's it.
                                TOTALLY disagree. I'd much sooner win with a group I can be proud of on and off the court than some wife beater/PED user/dirt bag who can put a round ball through a round hoop .....

Comment

Working...
                                X