Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    one of JV first comments in Memphis was we need to get at least the 8th seed. that's to high of achieving for the grizz. hence rabbit starting
    Lol poor jv man. Its gotta suck to go to a tanking team as you spent the last few weeks motivating yourself to get back and help the contender you've grown with for 5 playoff drives. It's like getting knocked all the way back down the ladder and starting from scratch. Even Raptors without Kawhi are in a better position to recover faster than memphis is now
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Why is this thread still here? Please move this thread to the Let's NBA forum.

The DeRozan thread was moved literally right after the trade was announced.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
        cause its a fuckin joke and I don't agree with it
        I mean you’re wrong so feel free to stay ignorant.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          I mean you’re wrong so feel free to stay ignorant.
          how compelling

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Why is this thread still here? Please move this thread to the Let's NBA forum.

The DeRozan thread was moved literally right after the trade was announced.
            You're a cold man, t-fury
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              how compelling
              I don't know why I care. But here's 2 articles plus a reddit thread...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/01/...o-celtics.html

https://clutchpoints.com/grizzlies-n...ics-this-year/

https://www.reddit.com/r/memphisgriz..._of_conveying/

Comment

• they'll kick the can further down the road if they see a player they like this year, and if memphis has confidence they'd much rather give up the 16th pick in 2021 than the 8th or 6th in 2019, 2020.

if they're smart they will tank this year and try and grab Jarrett Culver

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Lol poor jv man. Its gotta suck to go to a tanking team as you spent the last few weeks motivating yourself to get back and help the contender you've grown with for 5 playoff drives. It's like getting knocked all the way back down the ladder and starting from scratch. Even Raptors without Kawhi are in a better position to recover faster than memphis is now
                  Sometimes it feels better to be a bigger part of a team and to lead/drive its success than to be a passenger on a winner. That's why Kyrie asked out of Cleveland.

I'm actually happy for JV--as long as they free him. Bickerstaff has given JJJ the quick hook all year so who knows what he plans on doing with JV, but given that JV is the centrepiece coming back for a Memphis hero, you gotta believe the Grizzlies will give him plenty of run.

Comment

• Memphis could be a fun rebuild project in 2K. Trying to build a traditional NBA lineup with 2 bigs around JJJ and JV.

Comment

• do you guys think JV deserves to have his jersey retired here once his career is over? I moved if you think bosh should be retired I think JV has just as much as a case as him. although he was never a all star he ranks high in lots of franchise records
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        do you guys think JV deserves to have his jersey retired here once his career is over? I moved if you think bosh should be retired I think JV has just as much as a case as him. although he was never a all star he ranks high in lots of franchise records
                        No and I'm a huge JV fan. Retiring jerseys are for elite long term players who contributed to successful playoff runs at a minimum. They can't all win championships for obvious reasons.

No one before DeRozan. I'd be OK with Lowry. No to quitter-carter but they'll do him anyway. No to Bosh for sure. Sorry, no to JV but huge and long standing O comng up

You know when they'll retire carter? If Kawhi leaves and they sell off Lowry and Gasol etc and they need some fake nostagia to take fans minds off the brutal long rebuild that would be coming with no superstars looking to come to TO.

Like DD first when they just need a feel good distraction because the current team sucks....

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Not only that - everyone there will always be comparing him to Gasol. He's in basically the worst situation possible. I hope Memphis flips him somewhere else.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            No and I'm a huge JV fan. Retiring jerseys are for elite long term players who contributed to successful playoff runs at a minimum. They can't all win championships for obvious reasons.

No one before DeRozan. I'd be OK with Lowry. No to quitter-carter but they'll do him anyway. No to Bosh for sure. Sorry, no to JV but huge and long standing O comng up

You know when they'll retire carter? If Kawhi leaves and they sell off Lowry and Gasol etc and they need some fake nostagia to take fans minds off the brutal long rebuild that would be coming with no superstars looking to come to TO.

Like DD first when they just need a feel good distraction because the current team sucks....
                            I mean, strange things have happened like the Heat retiring Michael Jordan's #23. So you never know.

Dallas retiring Derek Harper's number. Good player but never won anything in Dallas and never made an all star team either.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Not only that - everyone there will always be comparing him to Gasol. He's in basically the worst situation possible. I hope Memphis flips him somewhere else.
                              If he stays there - best case scenario would be that the staff might have a lot of insight into what makes Gasol tick and could transfer some of that approach to Jonas.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

fair enough. I mean JV is the other that has been beside lowry and derozen for all the recent success. But since you said no to bosh i respect that. IMO if you think bosh should be up their then JV has the same case as him
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X