No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets say he's a less offensively polished but more athletic Tim Duncan.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      lets say he's a less offensively polished but more athletic Tim Duncan.
      He's not more athletic than rookie Timmy. Definitely not. Were you serious?

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        He's not more athletic than rookie Timmy. Definitely not. Were you serious?
        well i never watched the nba back then. So i'm just assuming

Comment

• JV is just special good. Hard to imagine a rookie center that had more offensive smarts than he has shown so far this year. He is battling the fact that he is coming from a system with a different rule book, but I can't believe how well he is adapting. He is very close to being my favourite Raptor ever already.

Comment

• I already ordered an infant sized Valanciunas jersey for my yet-to-be-born son, lol.

Comment

• i think bigV is killing davis. amir hitting that 15-18 footer and bigv easily making up davis' rebounds seems like the end of davis to me. too bad because i like ed.

bigV had a great stat line tonight. loved the blocks.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                i think bigV is killing davis. amir hitting that 15-18 footer and bigv easily making up davis' rebounds seems like the end of davis to me. too bad because i like ed.

I think Jonas played a solid game, but when Ed came in he gobbled up quick boards, made good plays and stuck a 15 footer, lets not ship him out just yet. There will be plenty of games that Jonas gets the early hook due to fouls, and we can role with Amir and Ed together in that second unit.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

i think bigV is killing davis. amir hitting that 15-18 footer and bigv easily making up davis' rebounds seems like the end of davis to me. too bad because i like ed.

Some of Ed's minutes went to Acy. That probably won't happen once the season starts.

Comment

• I agree with the two posters above. Ed played well and definitely has a roll on this team.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      I think Jonas played a solid game, but when Ed came in he gobbled up quick boards, made good plays and stuck a 15 footer, lets not ship him out just yet. There will be plenty of games that Jonas gets the early hook due to fouls, and we can role with Amir and Ed together in that second unit.
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Some of Ed's minutes went to Acy. That probably won't happen once the season starts.
                      Garbo wrote: View Post
                      I agree with the two posters above. Ed played well and definitely has a roll on this team.
                      i'm saying that wth jv playing so well that the reasons to keep ed over amir(which i am for) are less important because those same reasons age/potential/contract also make him a more valuable trade commodity. if we can have amir come off the bench and play stretch 4 with jonas or small 5 with bargs and still have gray for match ups, it seems to me that ed with jose is our biggest trade chip.

i think we all got super siked for jv then tempered ourselves and now watching him play he is already the best 5 on the team.

Comment

...now watching him play he is already the best 5 on the team.
                        Even though everyone knows how well schooled European ballers are, I have to say his play in the pre-season has been a huge surprise. The foul trouble that was expected hasn't materialized. His knowledge of where to be defensively in Casey's system seems spot on, as if he has been playing in it for years. though they aren't finding him often on the pick and roll, he looks like he spent 6 months studying tape of Jose and Amir from the last two years.

What dampened enthusiasm a little were his stats from Europe and the Olympics. And, as has been pointed out on this forum previously by one of his countrymen, I believe, part of that is due to him being a young guy playing on established teams. I think how he was used by his coaches had as much to do with his stats as his ability. And he seems even better suited to the NBA game than Euroleague play.

I am super pumped to see what he is like by the All-Star break. Quite frankly, I don't even care how the Raps do this year, because watching this kid grow into one of the top 2-3 centers in the league in the next three years is going to give me goose bumps.

Oh...I am also super pumped about finding a facility with open gym time that I can get access to for $2.00 a trip. Maybe, with a couple of hours of practice to go along with the twice a week gaming, I can take the 6 blanks I shot during my old-timers game last Sunday and turn them into an ugly 3 for 6.

Comment

• Anyone notice that Valanciunas hasn't won an opening tip yet (or even come close)? He's barely left the ground before the ball's already in the opposing PG's hands....

Comment

• ...that's it...get rid of the kid...put Bargs in.

Comment

• Snizzoop wrote: View Post
                              ...that's it...get rid of the kid...put Bargs in.
                              You're just a hater....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Anyone notice that Valanciunas hasn't won an opening tip yet (or even come close)? He's barely left the ground before the ball's already in the opposing PG's hands....
                                I did find that odd. I also found it odd that in Jonas' monster dunk last week, it looked like his toe was still on the floor when he put the ball in the basket. Maybe when your wingspan (shot!) is 90 feet, you don't jump that much. Then again, maybe he just hasn't had that much practice
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_ball

Comment

Working...
                                X