No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He did good job, very good job on his upper body, core. I'm anxious to see how he will start NBA season, anxious to find out his true weight and I really hope he did not forget to train lower body too.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      He did good job, very good job on his upper body, core. I'm anxious to see how he will start NBA season, anxious to find out his true weight and I really hope he did not forget to train lower body too.
      I was going to post that "Friends don't let Friends skip Leg day" meme, but then remembered that the guy in it is a recovering War Veteran.. awwwkward...

But ya, the sentiment remains.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
        I like to stress, 21 points with 7 shots.. in 20 minutes

Remember that first half he had in summer league where we thought he was going to score 40? His first quarter 16 points made him look like he was going for 60. Then he wasnt played for all the 2nd and 4th quarters. In the 3rd quarter he didnt get the ball until 5 minutes left. In the last 5 minutes, he was passed the ball in the post 3 times. twice he did a simple drop step for a dominate dunk and the third he was fouled for 1/2 FT. Had they just only fed him the ball in the post, JV was ready to drop 60+.

I think whats so wicked about JV is that he is showing he can handle a higher usage. His FG% is always so damn high, you'd think he should be taking more shots!
        not to take anything away from that stat line, but its not like JV will have much competition at euro fiba.

also a video

Comment

• Though you are right about the competition. He is showing dominance exactly where he needs to. It is nothing but encouraging to see him dominate summer league and now Euro Fiba.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I had to see Jonas's continued development, but those Sweden friendlies were tough to watch. Ugly basketball with mismatched teams. The Swedes had nobody to challenge Jonas at all.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Though you are right about the competition. He is showing dominance exactly where he needs to. It is nothing but encouraging to see him dominate summer league and now Euro Fiba.
              Yep. It might not mean he's going to dominate the NBA, but it's great to see him annihilating weaker competition.

You get worried with guys like Ross who struggle to perform against guys who will probably never play a second in the league.

Comment

• There will be competition at Eurobasket in September. JV has the right hand hook shot down. Hopefully he's trying to develop something going left.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  There will be competition at Eurobasket in September. JV has the right hand hook shot down. Hopefully he's trying to develop something going left.
                  going through the rosters, i guess you are right, there are some big names ... jv will have to face pekovic in group play alone

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                    going through the rosters, i guess you are right, there are some big names ... jv will have to face pekovic in group play alone
                    Is Pek playing? I heard he didn't want to risk playing without insurance, now he has a contract, insurances, but will he join the NT, isnt it too late?

Comment

• It's not too late, Swedens Jerebko and Jeff Taylor will join NT only after two weeks.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Pekovic will not play in Eurobasket 2013.

Comment

• I agree, and I was worrying after about the third play when he had an easy spin left instead forced it right...drew a foul but.... then later he eased my tension when he completely sealed his guy and dropped left for an easy dunk..THAT is a great sign, those moves work on everyone guys, dont discount the swedes, they were swarming him with three small guys, not easy for a big to operate in that scenario...he does well.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Pekovic will not play in Eurobasket 2013.
                            will he now though, now that he has a contract? that is the question

Comment

will he now though, now that he has a contract? that is the question
                              Answer is the same.

It was on HoopsHype.com a few days ago. Check their archives.

Comment

• ok missed that tweet,

Jerry Zgoda: Pek will not play in Euro champs. "He needs a full training camp to be play at level he needs to play" to avoid injury, Flip says Twitter @JerryZgoda

Comment

Working...
                                X