Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Jonas was already massive in the summer league, i.e. before the national camp. So he added the weight right after the season, May-June.

As far as the national team asking him to do that, we'll never know, but it seems unlikely that NT would ask a player to add lots of weight on his own in Toronto and the Toronto Raptors would have no clue about it and no input.
    I saw him live for couple of weeks, NT was working out in gym, which I usually go to. Players were doing strength exercises, but they were quite short, 20-40 mins per day, sometimes no gym at all. JV and DMO spent most time up there (gym), always left the place last, but I can assure you that it was rather muscle conditioning than strength gaining.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      I saw him live for couple of weeks, NT was working out in gym, which I usually go to. Players were doing strength exercises, but they were quite short, 20-40 mins per day, sometimes no gym at all. JV and DMO spent most time up there (gym), always left the place last, but I can assure you that it was rather muscle conditioning than strength gaining.
      Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Lots of good points regarding JV and the weight gain.

The whole situation seems weird to me.

Regardless, he finally has his hops back and it appears he has some swagger again.

I hope it all remains and next season doesn't take him 70 games to show some lift and quicks.

Comment

• seems like the era of shaq is more or less over... people are looking more towards the Brook Lopez mold...Pekovic being the obvious exception.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I really feel like JVs development more than any other factor will determine this teams future direction. He has the capability with touches to be a 20/10 center by the time his extension rolls around
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I really feel like JVs development more than any other factor will determine this teams future direction. He has the capability with touches to be a 20/10 center by the time his extension rolls around
            I agree. I think that JV and Ross will be able to carry this team on both ends of the floor for, at least, quarters at a time. That should really help this team going forward and alleviate some of the offensive pressure on DD and Lowry. I'm hoping that may happen next season, but it will probably be in their contract years when the team can come to rely on them consistently.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I really feel like JVs development more than any other factor will determine this teams future direction. He has the capability with touches to be a 20/10 center by the time his extension rolls around
              Based on current roster, definitely.

Comment

• Raptors could develop a roster like the Spurs Duncan\Parker\Geno but with Val\Lowry \? If CCC all can figure out defense. He seems to be the biggest reason why the Raptors Defense has improved .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Raptors could develop a roster like the Spurs Duncan\Parker\Geno but with Val\Lowry \? If CCC all can figure out defense. He seems to be the biggest reason why the Raptors Defense has improved .

Oh yeah, for sure...

in our dreams.

Comment

• It the closest blueprint based on our current roster we don't have a dominant LBJ Durant player or an Indy defensive scheme but we have two good guards and a good all around center and perimeter shooting. Popovich is a better offensive coach but Casey is only in his second year.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      It the closest blueprint based on our current roster we don't have a dominant LBJ Durant player or an Indy defensive scheme but we have two good guards and a good all around center and perimeter shooting. Popovich is a better offensive coach but Casey is only in his second year.
                      Casey is in his 5th year as a head coach, 3rd with the Raptors.

And Pops is a better defensive coach too. Pops is great at both ends. San Antonio iss frequently among the best defensive teams in the league. Pops and Casey shouldn't even have their names in the same sentence right now, unless the sentence is "Pops is an exponentially better coach than Casey".

*Also I get really sick of people pointing out Casey as being new to the job. He's been a basketball coach (as an assistant for much of that time) at least at the NCAA level since 1979. That's more experience than Thibodeau, JVG, SVG, and probably a bunch of other good coaches. It didn't take those guys years to make the transition from assistant to head coach.

Comment

• He is but Casey is the coach now and Pops isn't available the Coach needs to develop just like players but the Spurs balance should be the goal.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

And Pops is a better defensive coach too. Pops is great at both ends. San Antonio iss frequently among the best defensive teams in the league. Pops and Casey shouldn't even have their names in the same sentence right now, unless the sentence is "Pops is an exponentially better coach than Casey".

*Also I get really sick of people pointing out Casey as being new to the job. He's been a basketball coach (as an assistant for much of that time) at least at the NCAA level since 1979. That's more experience than Thibodeau, JVG, SVG, and probably a bunch of other good coaches. It didn't take those guys years to make the transition from assistant to head coach.
                          I hear you on these points completely.

This is a little off topic, but I'm gonna keep beating this drum: we can't compare Casey to Popovic and say Casey's a scrub. Only Thibs and maybe Carlisle can even compare to that guy. The raptors don't have an all time great coach, but they also don't really have a realistic shot at getting one.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Exactly fire Casey mean we have no coach. Hire (coach's name here) = maybe depending on the coach

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              I hear you on these points completely.

This is a little off topic, but I'm gonna keep beating this drum: we can't compare Casey to Popovic and say Casey's a scrub. Only Thibs and maybe Carlisle can even compare to that guy. The raptors don't have an all time great coach, but they also don't really have a realistic shot at getting one.
                              Doesn't mean they can't surprise. I don't see why a coach looking for a chance wouldn't come to Toronto. In fact, that's basically what most of our coaches have been (except for Lenny). We have a very slim chance of landing an established great coach...most teams do. Doesn't mean you can't find a great coach. I wonder if Masai is good at scouting coaches?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Duncan joined the league in the 97-98 season. Popovich was the head coach for one season prior to that and guess what the winning percentage that season was...27%

Nobody thinks Casey is better than Pop, but Casey isn't as bad as you think either. Look what he's been able to do without any real stars. How much better would Casey look if he had a Dwight Howard or Duncan type all world talent on this roster? Just don't see why the hate for a pretty good coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X