No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, if Hibbert was an allstar this year maybe next year we could be starting 3 allstars.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      Hey, if Hibbert was an allstar this year maybe next year we could be starting 3 allstars.
      If the Raps are leading the conference by the all-star break I can't see why not.

Comment

• JV could be a late model Tim Duncan solid 20/10 with good not spectacular defense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Eh, Timmy was an awesome defender

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
            Eh, Timmy was an awesome defender
            I think he's trying to say that JV will be like Tim Duncan minus the defense.
            OG is our king

Comment

• Tim was a great defender early. Now its about positioning anticipation and contesting without fouling. Duncan doesn't jump. JV is learning to play defense vs Drummond who gets blocks

Comment

• Physically and Defensive style JV resembles Duncan.He just needs to read defenses better

Comment

• Also Duncan finished 4 years of college ball JV is 21

Comment

• I think you might be underrating TD.. he is neck and neck with Hakeem in terms of best low post players of all time. If JV ever does what Tim does than that will be a huge accomplishment. JV is killing it because he's playing a small ball line up. If they played the Wizards in the first round it would be a different story.

Love JV.. just don't think he comes close to what TD did offensively in his prime.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      For anyone that watched, try to remember how Joakim Noah looked in his second year before you start putting a ceiling on Jonas' game
                      Exactly, Noah didn't look all that great until his 3rd year, which is typical among big men. Jonas is ahead of the curve. Wictory Baby!

Comment

• Tim Duncan is a great post defender but he played 4 years in college and then next to David Robinson.Jonas is really young but he plays a mature game already. Basrring injury he could be elite an 2-way player.

Comment

• I rather have Jonas than Drummond, I don't know why people think he's so good, yes he's really great in fast paced games but when it slows down, especially in the playoffs he won't be effective because he has no post moves, and he cannot shoot each other, JV is way more suited for the playoffs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                            I rather have Jonas than Drummond, I don't know why people think he's so good, yes he's really great in fast paced games but when it slows down, especially in the playoffs he won't be effective because he has no post moves, and he cannot shoot each other, JV is way more suited for the playoffs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Yup, think about it in the half court. Drummond can't create his own shots, because he has no post moves and even if he did get fouled during a move he can't hit free throws. He can't step out and hit a jumper.

He's best when there are a LOT of shots (rebounding edge) and lots of fastbreaks.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Tim was a great defender early. Now its about positioning anticipation and contesting without fouling. Duncan doesn't jump. JV is learning to play defense vs Drummond who gets blocks

What? Even last year Duncan was 2nd team all defense as an old fossil, doesn't matter if he doesn't jump. in his prime he was amazing defensively. And I don't get the point about Drummond? Drummond isn't even that great a shotblocker, let alone a defender, he is very mediocre defensively, don't let a few highlights fool you.

Comment

• That was my point. Duncan is good defensively. Drummond's style looks good but leads to foul outs.

Comment

Working...
                                X