Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    That was my point. Duncan is good defensively. Drummond's style looks good but leads to foul outs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Ok that is fair, sorry I misread your post.

Comment

• If I'm JV, instead of holding my head in disbelief after every call, I'm walking up to the refs like "ok I get why you made that call, what can I do differently, how can I make that play without fouling?" The refs will respond way more positively to that than his current routine of dropping his jaw like he's mother Teresa and can do no wrong
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
        What? Even last year Duncan was 2nd team all defense as an old fossil, doesn't matter if he doesn't jump. in his prime he was amazing defensively. And I don't get the point about Drummond? Drummond isn't even that great a shotblocker, let alone a defender, he is very mediocre defensively, don't let a few highlights fool you.
        Agree, I think Drummond maybe an amazing weakside shotblocker but he never holds his ground on post D and I remember the guy falls for Jonas' legendary pumpfakes so many times, who'd fall for that lol, he lacks Duncan's fundamentally all around defense.

Comment

• Wouldn't Jv Drummond front court look solid as fuck. What one player lacks the other is good at it. The only problem is the spacing and Drummond has no post moves
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't Jv Drummond front court look solid as fuck. What one player lacks the other is good at it. The only problem is the spacing and Drummond has no post moves
            Who plays PF? JV? Any mobile pick and pop big would eat him alive.

Our frontcourt offense would be limited to Drmmond slams and JV hook shots. e.g. We'd be easy as fuck to defend, and our defense wouldn't even make up for it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Who plays PF? JV? Any mobile pick and pop big would eat him alive.

Our frontcourt offense would be limited to Drmmond slams and JV hook shots. e.g. We'd be easy as fuck to defend, and our defense wouldn't even make up for it.
              We would eat teams like Brooklyn alive with our rebounds on the offensive end but they would eat us with the mobility on the defensive end

If Jonas could developed a jump shot It could maybe work but probably not. Just a thought of looking at how it would be if we selected Drummond over ross

Comment

We would eat teams like Brooklyn alive with our rebounds on the offensive end but they would eat us with the mobility on the defensive end

If Jonas could developed a jump shot It could maybe work but probably not. Just a thought of looking at how it would be if we selected Drummond over ross
                You only have to look at Detroit to know it wouldn't work. Monroe fits better at C, but has a much more polished offensive game than JV, and is even a better passer. Does Detroit dominate anyone? No. Not on either end.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  You only have to look at Detroit to know it wouldn't work. Monroe fits better at C, but has a much more polished offensive game than JV, and is even a better passer. Does Detroit dominate anyone? No. Not on either end.
                  Because of smith and Jennings, without them they look pretty good on paper

And they out rebound people alot

Comment

Because of smith and Jennings, without them they look pretty good on paper
                    As much as those guys are problems....I don't think you can blame everything on them. A big reason they don't work well as a team is because of their bigs. Neither is a solid team defender and their skills don't complement each other.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

As much as those guys are problems....I don't think you can blame everything on them. A big reason they don't work well as a team is because of their bigs. Neither is a solid team defender and their skills don't complement each other.

Trueeee so I guess terrence was the right choice

BBC was right on that one

Comment

• Bryan made some good moves before he got fired, JV, DD, T Ross, Ed Davis were all fine picks, and trading the 2013 pick for Lowry played out well too.

Comment

• BC still should have taken Drummond. Ross is a much better fit, but we could have moved Drummond for some really valuable pieces like a top 5 pick this year or some other young studs and picks. Ross, even though a better fit, will never have the value that Drummond has as a beastly huge center that rebounds and blocks.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            BC still should have taken Drummond. Ross is a much better fit, but we could have moved Drummond for some really valuable pieces like a top 5 pick this year or some other young studs and picks. Ross, even though a better fit, will never have the value that Drummond has as a beastly huge center that rebounds and blocks.
                            No one knew Drummond would be this good though, otherwise he would've gone way higher, so it's all well and good to say how much we could trade him for now but at the time, considering we had JV, BC made the safer pick.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                              No one knew Drummond would be this good though, otherwise he would've gone way higher, so it's all well and good to say how much we could trade him for now but at the time, considering we had JV, BC made the safer pick.
                              Also I was not thrilled at the prospect of BC choosing which young big to trade since I prefer JV.

Comment

Also I was not thrilled at the prospect of BC choosing which young big to trade since I prefer JV.

Drummond is known for his offensive rebounds and putback dunks. Those only possible because of the 2 ineffienct chuckers that Detroit relies on to score. Take those two out and you got a decent rebounder and a average scorer with no post moves. His stats would fall to like 8 points and 8 rebounds,a little lower than jonas

Comment

Working...
                                X