Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    This is the importance of Magloire and Hayes.
    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      This doesn't have a single thing to do with physicality.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

This doesn't have a single thing to do with physicality.
        It comes to mind when I think of Magloire. *shrug*
        OG is our king

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          First you get big then you learn how to use big.
          That's what she said.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            That's what she said.
            Fits your avatar.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

He won't get pushed around by Gortat this season.
              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              He might.

First you get big then you learn how to use big.
              He's already learning how to use it. Jonas wasn't exactly getting destroyed by every big guy he faced. He has a bit more filling out to do (which he's clearly continuing to do this summer) and needs more experience.

Even last year though, he showed a lot of progress in the physical aspect of the game. He's not going to come out and shut down, or even contain, guys like Gortat and Pek every single time out. Last year he did a good job against such guys at times. People forget the two terrible games Gortat had against us, and the strong game JV played against Pek in one of our Minny games (who's probably the most physical low-post player in the game right now), or his solid play against Randolph where our PFs couldn't handle him at all (and it worked out because Amir matched up fairly well against Gasol, who with all his size is not the bully in the post that Randolph is). He also abused his fair share of leaner guys, especially on the glass.

Comment

• Just don't want to see anymore goaltending. Makes me lose my shit when he does that!
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Posing a little for the cam, but anybody saying he looked fat and lazy in that last pic needs to get some perspective. Jeez, it's July, save some critique for training camp. And if he did gain some mass in the tummy, so what?! Haven't we been seeking this stay-at-home defensive centre type forever? His skills will only improve. Keep drinking them beers JV!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Damn he is THICK. I would like to see that translate into paint-dominance.
                    Alex took a skinny Shaq and turned him into one of the most dominant centers of all time....it was only in his later years that Shaq really struggled with the cheeseburger. Hopefully JV can become that physical force (because let's be honest, he isn't going to out run or out jump most)

DanH wrote: View Post
                    JV is awesome, finding out about the "fat" ridiculousness and posting a rebuttal photo.
                    I love JV's character. I would bet he is a big behind the scenes contributor to the turn around of this organization

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                    Valanciunas' mentor: Arvydas Sabonis

Instead of Olajuwon, Jonas should've been training with Sabonis.
                    I would love this. Instead of having JV as an ISO low block player we should be training him where we can dump the ball down to him and initiate our offense off of him passing to cutters/out. Way harder to defend...

Comment

• I googled Shaq's weight in college at LSU. 294 is not so skinny in my books.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        I googled Shaq's weight in college at LSU. 294 is not so skinny in my books.
                        What I meant was he went from this

To this

In order to become a force

Comment

• The difference between JV and Shaq is that when Shaq started adding all that weight he already had a polished offensive game, JV's still learning how to play
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Comment

• That was a very physical Russian team holy crap. Also he was on the receiving end of a lot of really bad passes which didn't help the TO's.

Overall a pretty rough game, and still doing that stupid running hook bull

Comment

• why you posted video from year ago?

Comment

Working...
                                X