Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Those are also highlights - there were several other post ups where he passed out and got the play moving because the defense had shifted to him. How many post ups did you expect? He didn't score 40 or anything.
    I expected maybe a couple more. But to me the ones he did have weren't that impressive. One he got fouled on but instead of moving forward into the defender he was moving back. In the NBA they might have made a non call on that one. And the other was his usual running hook. Also there weren't that many post ups against that Jawai guy. The first one where he spinned and took a jumper was nice and the last one where he got deep position and pretty much pushed the defender out the way was also nice. I will have to look again. He definitely looked good and much better than last year which is what's important. It's just the way some of you guys were talking I thought he was looking like Hakeem Olajuwon or something LOL. I guess that was my own mistake.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Highlights made Hakeem look as if his FG% was 100% lmao
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I expected maybe a couple more. But to me the ones he did have weren't that impressive. One he got fouled on but instead of moving forward into the defender he was moving back. In the NBA they might have made a non call on that one. And the other was his usual running hook. Also there weren't that many post ups against that Jawai guy. The first one where he spinned and took a jumper was nice and the last one where he got deep position and pretty much pushed the defender out the way was also nice. I will have to look again. He definitely looked good and much better than last year which is what's important. It's just the way some of you guys were talking I thought he was looking like Hakeem Olajuwon or something LOL. I guess that was my own mistake.
        It's just that he looks better. How much better is still hard to judge. He's definitely quicker than he was last summer/early last season, in general that is. But specifically in the post he's quicker to act, and his footwork is smoother (his pivoting looks quite a bit better), and looks like he's learning to read how to balance utilizing strength and quickness depending on the spot he's in.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          It's just that he looks better. How much better is still hard to judge. He's definitely quicker than he was last summer/early last season, in general that is. But specifically in the post he's quicker to act, and his footwork is smoother (his pivoting looks quite a bit better), and looks like he's learning to read how to balance utilizing strength and quickness depending on the spot he's in.
          Good point. I'm clearly just not as good at analyzing post moves as well as you guys. So I'll take your word for it. But I do agree he does look better than last year
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Also the amount of post ups Jonas is getting is good. It's not the only type of O he's being used for, but they are giving it to him a lot. Letting him try to score or initiate ball movement from the post. He's also getting his fair share of p'n'r opportunities that he tends to do very well on. His teammates are looking to hit him with passes on the roll a lot, probably a lot more relative to what he gets with the Raps....I'm still hoping to see more p'n'r brought back into our O, not just for Jonas, but at least for Amir as well (and probably Tyler and Bebe as well).
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Aug 12, 2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Yea I'm glad he's mixing it up offensively as well. We really need to use him and Amir in the pick and roll way more next year. But one other thing that is still a little concerning is that he's still catching it way too far out. Jonas I mean. He doesn't get deep enough position a lot of the time and he really needs to start doing his work earlier. Because him getting it so far out causes him to have to do that whole pump fake thing that I hate. He needs to get much deeper position. It also was a cause of a lot of his turnovers as well last year.

Comment

• As much as I like the post up stuff, I would hope we would be seeing some highlights of a few 12-15ft jumpers. Heresy, I know, a raptor fan asking for more jump shots. That said, he needs to have that shot keep defenders going for that pump fake. It looks like from his fg% that he didn't miss many shots so I guess he hasn't tried many jumpers yet. Maybe that's next year.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  As much as I like the post up stuff, I would hope we would be seeing some highlights of a few 12-15ft jumpers. Heresy, I know, a raptor fan asking for more jump shots. That said, he needs to have that shot keep defenders going for that pump fake. It looks like from his fg% that he didn't miss many shots so I guess he hasn't tried many jumpers yet. Maybe that's next year.
                  He hasn't really needed to yet in the games he played.

I think it's something that will be part of his game. It was actually better in his first year. His shot still looks fine, just probably isn't doing enough work on it while he's focusing on bigger weaknesses and physical development. Not sure when, but at some point I expect his %s to swing back up.

Comment

• from google translated basketnews.lt:

Kazlauskas: "Valanciunas sore heel, but the problem is not serious" (photo) (4)

Foot pain for big men always worries me
                    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      from google translated basketnews.lt:

Kazlauskas: "Valanciunas sore heel, but the problem is not serious" (photo) (4)

Foot pain for big men always worries me
                      Aha! The extra weight is already taking it's toll.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        Aha! The extra weight is already taking it's toll.
                        I'm sure its an adjustment .. but its just that .. an adjustment. Give it time. He has the frame to support the extra weight.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I'm sure its an adjustment .. but its just that .. an adjustment. Give it time. He has the frame to support the extra weight.
                          Also it's pretty normal to have soreness in his situation...I mean, think how many guys get sore in training camp getting back to full speed basketball? Can't really read anything into it at this point.

Comment

• Google translate:

"When asked about the sore Jonas Valanciunas foot Lithuanian national team boss assured that the basketball player competing in full force and are not experienced serious trauma. "When you need to play the maximum capacity of the player it is impossible for safekeeping. Valanciunas is working with doctors, leg pain is reduced and does not see any serious medical problems, "- said the basketball professional."

Comment

• Oh shit. Lithuania is playing Greece in few minutes.

Is Greek Freak playing for the Greece?
                              Last edited by rocwell; Sat Aug 16, 2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• http://www.vipboxna.co/basketball/24...am-online.html

Comment

Working...
                                X