Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acesup wrote: View Post
    Actually he had his best game against Gobert who is from Utah Jazz. In that game JV had 25pts. If you want to see that Gobert is quite good than you should see France vs. Spain. Gobert probably one of few reasons why France advanced to the Semis. He was able to stop Pau Gasol on the O side.
    Gobert played only few minutes. It was too easy to score for JV when Gobert was on the floor actually.

Comment

• JV is not going to be a super star.. but he's going to have a very nice career. What impressed me most about his play in the world cup is that he kept is fouls and turnovers in check. If he does that in the NBA, Casey will continue to give him minutes. And with more minutes he'll get even more confidence.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        We are in big trouble then, DeMar looked totally average vs. this terrible weak competition.
        DeMar didn't play. Dd has already proven to be an All-Star in this league. I just don't feel that JV has earned the untouchable label that he has on this forum. To me his hasn't even proved to be more valuable than Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          DeMar didn't play. Dd has already proven to be an All-Star in this league. I just don't feel that JV has earned the untouchable label that he has on this forum. To me his hasn't even proved to be more valuable than Ross.

Well, then you probably don't share the view that most do, which is that high-quality 2-way big men are pretty much the most valuable piece to have after a true franchise player (like top 5 player), and the Raptors don't have the latter.

Comment

• chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
            demar didn't play. Dd has already proven to be an all-star in this league. i just don't feel that jv has earned the untouchable label that he has on this forum. to me his hasn't even proved to be more valuable than ross.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            lol

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Well, then you probably don't share the view that most do, which is that high-quality 2-way big men are pretty much the most valuable piece to have after a true franchise player (like top 5 player), and the Raptors don't have the latter.
              And that right there sums it up.

The C spot is the hardest to fill. It is why a guy like splitter makes $10m per year.

JV is 22 with a lot of room to grow in the most difficult position to fill. Boo-urns I say!

Comment

• According to SI he is already ranked 80th best in the league:
                http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-n...yers-2015-list

* Amir is ranked 71st, and DD ranked 61st.. Lowry potentially in top 50?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  And that right there sums it up.

The C spot is the hardest to fill. It is why a guy like splitter makes $10m per year.

JV is 22 with a lot of room to grow in the most difficult position to fill. Boo-urns I say!
                  Yeah, I said big men, but I meant mostly Cs or PF/Cs. You'd think Raptors fans would understand this well since we've had hardly any good bigs in our whole history.

Comment

When did he prove prove his a high quality 2-way C? I'm pretty sure Ross proved he was better 2 way

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

When did he prove prove his a high quality 2-way C? I'm pretty sure Ross proved he was better 2 way

Sweet jesus we're talking about potential. And he has shown consistent signs of 2-way ability. He's not nearly as bad defensively as you think. And holy fuck, you'd think someone who was willing to wait 5 years for DeMar to become what he is, when he showed way less signs of promise than Jonas has, would have some patience and sense of foresight.

Comment

Sweet jesus we're talking about potential. And he has shown consistent signs of 2-way ability. He's not nearly as bad defensively as you think. And holy fuck, you'd think someone who was willing to wait 5 years for DeMar to become what he is, when he showed way less signs of promise than Jonas has, would have some patience and sense of foresight.
                        DeRozan's first year:
                        RAPM: -1.9, -1.9
                        WS/48: .066
                        PER: 12.5

DeRozan's second year:
                        RAPM: -0.9, -1.6
                        WS/48: .055
                        PER: 14.5

DeRozan's third year:
                        RAPM: -0.5, -1.1
                        WS/48: .054
                        PER: 12.8

---

Jonas' first year:
                        RAPM: -1.7, 0.5
                        WS/48: .127
                        PER: 15.6

Jonas' second year:
                        RAPM: -1.3, -1.7
                        WS/48: .141
                        PER: 16.1

Jonas' third year: ???
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan's first year:
                          RAPM: -1.9, -1.9
                          WS/48: .066
                          PER: 12.5

DeRozan's second year:
                          RAPM: -0.9, -1.6
                          WS/48: .055
                          PER: 14.5

DeRozan's third year:
                          RAPM: -0.5, -1.1
                          WS/48: .054
                          PER: 12.8

---

Jonas' first year:
                          RAPM: -1.7, 0.5
                          WS/48: .127
                          PER: 15.6

Jonas' second year:
                          RAPM: -1.3, -1.7
                          WS/48: .141
                          PER: 16.1

Jonas' third year: ???
                          Also looking at other stats....because no stats are perfect so may as well throw some more into the picture for something to mull over...

Jonas
                          1st year: ORTG 113, DRTG 106, OWS 2.5, DWS 1.5
                          2nd year: ORTG 112, DRTG 104, OWS 3.5, DWS 3.2

DeMar has never, not in 5 years, put up as high an ORTG, or as low a DRTG as Jonas has in either of his 2 seasons. His best year for both was last year at 110 and 107 respectively for O and D.

And for WS and looking at highs for each guy, DeMar has only once gone over 3.5 OWS, and that was last year at 5.8. And he has never put up a better DWS than the 3.2 Jonas did last year (DeMar's high was 3.0 and also last year).

Now, they play totally different positions, but again, I don't know how someone can have so much patience and blind faith in DeMar but constantly shit on Jonas.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            According to SI he is already ranked 80th best in the league:
                            http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-n...yers-2015-list

* Amir is ranked 71st, and DD ranked 61st.. Lowry potentially in top 50?
                            These lists are so stupid. Who can name 60 players better than DD. That means that every team in the league has 2 players better than Demar. And he's an all-star in the east and made team USA lol
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Damn, relax. This is what I mean. Some of you can't even be objective when it comes to JV. All I said is that you can't use Fiba as a reason of why JV will dominate next year. The reason why I have faith in DD is cause his a basketball junkie and his work ethic will never be questioned.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Right, Centre is the weakest position in the league. Back-to-the-Basket big men are rare, and we have a 22 yearold that specializes at post-ups, pick n rolls, rebounding, and has potential to being an anchor on defence. BUUUTT, he's no more valuable than Ross..
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X