Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Bit of a cunty post, but thats cool.....
    Don't worry dude.

You're still killing the score card on c**ty posts.

Comment

• I know all of that, you don't need to tell me, you need to REMEMBER that when posting replies to me awesomeness.

I don't like elaborating most the time, because when I do, most of you all ignore it, and carry on with nonsense.

I need to be brought out to the back 40 and shot.

Old Yeller style.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Don't worry dude.

You're still killing the score card on c**ty posts.
        hahahahaha

Its a burden, but I carry it well hahaha

Comment

• now someone answer my Carmelo questions....

do we own knicks picks?????

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            now someone answer my Carmelo questions....

do we own knicks picks?????
            Raptors get the worse pick in 2016 of Denver and New York..... Denver gets the better.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              The last 3 games he has been getting good minutes.

Hopefully that continues and hopefully he ups his play to justify the minutes.

Before that he was a third year player playing nearly 4 minutes behind his 2nd year average despite improvement on the (supposedly) most important part of the game for the Raptors (defense).

As I said in a previous post, there is a difference between held accountable and not being permitted to make a mistake.
              If you notice that he has been getting good minutes, then why act like he isn't? Again, i'm still seeing plenty of mistakes from JV (which is fine). However, he still receives plenty of minutes and there has been A LOT more good than bad. I'm a believer in his talent/potential. I just believe he's getting handled the right way.

I just don't understand what you could be seeing to think that he is being ruined by Casey....Is JV that fragile in your eyes?? I see a young kid who's slowly getting better on defense. I remember the game vs. (i think Sacramento) where JV was being subbed in for offense/defense (but for his defense!!).....I actually felt proud of JV. We all know if he can play sound defense he will get BIG minutes from Casey consistently.

What I see is pure nit-picking from some posters. NOTHING Casey does will ever make them give him his due. Even if JV turns into a superstar, they will say it was in spite of Casey, not with his help. This team is 15-4 with Jonas being a HUGE part of it. I'm convinced that JV will be a better player because of Casey.

Comment

• I don't know about you guys but I have thought JV's defensive progress has been outstanding this year.

The thing is he wasn't a good defender coming into the league and was never one of those amazingly athletic smooth weak side shot blockers. He doesn't use a volleyball-type approach and instead hops with both feet into his jump. (One skill that could potentially speed up his weak side help)

Regardless, his defensive development will take a lot of Live NBA game time, and there is no replacement for actual game time. (I will have a toothpick fight to the death with you if you think otherwise).

Now, instead of waiting for the day for him to become a lockdown defender (ie 8th or 9th season) to be an effective player...the other way to make him a net effective is to develop his offensive game so he can be a net positive* regardless of his defensive production**

*he is already a net positive
                **his net defensive production is already good. Consistency will come with reps playing against other players (not Jamaal in practice).

There is no excuse to not give Val a larger percentage of the usage on the offensive end. None

Comment

• Last 2 games 33.5 min 12pts 7rbs 0.5blk 0.5stl 1.0ast FG.467

I think JV misses DD the most. That doesn't even include the Lakers game either.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• With Amir breaking down. Casey has to play JV. Patterson, Hayes, Hansbrough are not rim protectors.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You know what the worst part of JV's defence is? The fact that he has to play with our guards, who will basically let anyone in the league stroll to the rim for an easy layup or kick out / dump off pass.

He's got lots to work on, but people who are endlessly maligning his defence because he often ends up looking foolish after our perimeter players fuck up are clearly not paying attention.

Comment

• I thought they are tunneling them towards JV. Whoops game plan misunderstood.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          You know what the worst part of JV's defence is? The fact that he has to play with our guards, who will basically let anyone in the league stroll to the rim for an easy layup or kick out / dump off pass.

He's got lots to work on, but people who are endlessly maligning his defence because he often ends up looking foolish after our perimeter players fuck up are clearly not paying attention.
                          It isn't just our guards. Over the last few games, Amir's been terrible; I'm guessing that he's really hurting. And 2Pat's brutal as well, in general.

It isn't very surprising that we don't defend well; there's many weaknesses up and down the lineup.

We're a scoring team, may as well get used to it.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Was listening to some padcasts (Grantland) today and they flat out said that Casey has no confidence in JV and they might as well trade for a new C.

The idea that JV is being utilized is not just some crack-pot theory by some crack-pot posters on an internet forum.

I'm going to come out and say it, Casey is a loser coach with winning players and needs to be replaced by a coach who will effectively use our players correctly and give our players confidence.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Was listening to some padcasts (Grantland) today and they flat out said that Casey has no confidence in JV and they might as well trade for a new C.

The idea that JV is being utilized is not just some crack-pot theory by some crack-pot posters on an internet forum.

I'm going to come out and say it, Casey is a loser coach with winning players and needs to be replaced by a coach who will effectively use our players correctly and give our players confidence.
                              I disagree.

But it's a moot point. Team is 15-4, and if you fired Casey now it would be political/locker room suicide. You think Lou, Lowry, and DeRozan are going to suddenly accept that JV is a number 2/3 option just because you replace the coach? Let's see where this team is around the All-Star break, and how JV and Ross are performing then.

Comment

• Maybe the coaching staff has determined that JV is a player who responds well to negative punishment (psychological term meaning taking away something good (minutes) in order to decrease a particular behaviour (bad defense))?

"Negative punishment is most effective when:

It immediately follows a response
                                It is applied consistently"

Just looking at this from a psychological perspective. Valanciunas' defense HAS been improving as a result and he does make less mistakes than he ever has.

Comment

Working...
                                X