No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fine with Big Science, it's better than just calling him JV and it's unique. Plus I study human physiology at uni so I'm never going to hate on science exposure

Comment

• +1 on Big Science

Unique and seemingly random is always a solid combo for nicknames. Sounds like there is an actual story behind his

Comment

• Big Science is so stupid that I actually like it.

Kind of like the Mortal Kombat movie.
        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          Big Science is so stupid that I actually like it.

Kind of like the Mortal Kombat movie.
          lol! i agree
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Big Science is exactly the kind of idiotic nickname I would expect from a guy who started calling Toronto "the Six." Has almost no connection to what it is describing, and if it wasn't for Drake, both names would be totally ridiculed.

On another note, does anyone think Val is flailing a little too much (mainly on rebounds)? I think it might be why the refs aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Big Science is exactly the kind of idiotic nickname I would expect from a guy who started calling Toronto "the Six." Has almost no connection to what it is describing, and if it wasn't for Drake, both names would be totally ridiculed.

On another note, does anyone think Val is flailing a little too much (mainly on rebounds)? I think it might be why the refs aren't giving him the benefit of the doubt.
              4-1-6 is the main area code for Toronto......that's why he calls it the six (for short).....maybe you knew that and still thought it had no connection or maybe not...

Yes, I think Val is flailing a bit too much too....but after seeing Mirotic pick up a bunch of calls on flops last night.....maybe JV's not selling it enough? I do notice that he often gets the calls when he yells out real loud.....so maybe he should just be more vocal?

Comment

• No I get it, also that 6 is in 647... But so is 4. I wouldn't mind if it was 416, but Drake knows that others have repped 416 before, so he tried to be original and instead came up with something totally meaningless. The fact that so many people have to ask what it means points to how little it describes our city. Same goes for Big Science.

Comment

• We should be the M's for the postal code.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    No I get it, also that 6 is in 647... But so is 4. I wouldn't mind if it was 416, but Drake knows that others have repped 416 before, so he tried to be original and instead came up with something totally meaningless. The fact that so many people have to ask what it means points to how little it describes our city. Same goes for Big Science.
                    It's not meaningless, you and special1 both said it's because of the area code. 6 God sounds a lot more catchy than 416 God.

Comment

• Big Science cause he's the professor of post moves. He takes them boys to school like a university physics professor son!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Big Science cause he's the professor of post moves. He takes them boys to school like a university physics professor son!
                        I heard Pau Gasol failed Science
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          I heard Pau Gasol failed Science
                          Trivia: Did you know Pau Gasol was going/enrolled in medical school when he thought he would try his hand at basketball?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Trivia: Did you know Pau Gasol was going/enrolled in medical school when he thought he would try his hand at basketball?
                            A 7ft doctor would freak me out. He'd get tired of people asking if he ever played bball.

Comment

• Somewhat random but how amazing would a Ibaka-Big Science front court be? I can't help but think Ibaka's the perfect PF match with JV.
                              Stretches the floor, great defender, rim protector, good passer.

I'd give Ross, Amir and a 1st for Ibaka so quick.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Somewhat random but how amazing would a Ibaka-Big Science front court be? I can't help but think Ibaka's the perfect PF match with JV.
                                Stretches the floor, great defender, rim protector, good passer.

I'd give Ross, Amir and a 1st for Ibaka so quick.

If give demar, amir and a first. I love ibakas game
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X