Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
    After the game against the Griz I still think (offensively at least), that JV can be as good as Gasol. That reliable jumper from 15 feet out would open up so much for JV. Gasol isn't an uber athlete or anything and he has become an amazing player on both sides of the floor. No reason JV can't end up as something similar.
    It's more than just the js. Gasol is a terrific passer and has a high bb iq....but JV is young and is still learning the nba game.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      It's more than just the js. Gasol is a terrific passer and has a high bb iq....but JV is young and is still learning the nba game.
      JV will probably never be the passer Marc is. He's just a great passer and I'd say the best passing big in the game right now. Reminds me a lot of Divac.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        JV will probably never be the passer Marc is. He's just a great passer and I'd say the best passing big in the game right now. Reminds me a lot of Divac.
        Gasol also has Zbo and they play hi-lo. He's good but he isn't a Lebron level point forward.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Gasol also has Zbo and they play hi-lo. He's good but he isn't a Lebron level point forward.
          Who said he was? I compared him to Divac.

Comment

• Comment

• lol come on man..

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                lol come on man..

lol

Comment

• if he got 34 minutes a game he would be

Comment

• he has of course, not this year for sure though. Don't know any allstars averaging 26 mins.
                    Last edited by RandomGuy; Fri Jan 23, 2015, 01:49 PM.
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                      if he got 34 minutes a game he would be
                      haha, thinking alike
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

lol come on man..

He has the second highest PER behind Lowry as well as a ridiculous TS%. If only he was given more minutes.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• He's got a chance to make it but it will be low now that Toronto has dipped to 4th place. The reserves are 2 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 wild cards.

I suspect the guards will be Butler and Teague. The forwards will be Millsap, Horford and one of Bosh, Vucevic, Gortat or Big Val. The wild cards will probably include Irving, Wade, or Korver.

Gortat is putting up 9.7 ppg / 7.4 rpg. Val is putting up 12.6 ppg / 8.6 rpg. Vucevic however is putting up 19.0 ppg and 11.1 rpg. Bosh is putting up 21.3 ppg / 7.7 rpg. Bosh and Vucevic play on bad teams though.

Depends on what coaches value more.. winning or putting up great numbers. If winning then Val has a good shot.

Comment

lol come on man..

If the all-star lineups still had spots specifically for C, I think that JV would absolutely be in the mix for getting the reserve spot. My assumption is that either Horford or Noah would have been voted in as the starter, while the other would be in the mix for the reserve spot along with JV, Gortat, Vucevic and Drummond.

I like that he wants to develop his game to become a legit contender for all-star consideration.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              He's got a chance to make it but it will be low now that Toronto has dipped to 4th place. The reserves are 2 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 wild cards.

I suspect the guards will be Butler and Teague. The forwards will be Millsap, Horford and one of Bosh, Vucevic, Gortat or Big Val. The wild cards will probably include Irving, Wade, or Korver.

Gortat is putting up 9.7 ppg / 7.4 rpg. Val is putting up 12.6 ppg / 8.6 rpg. Vucevic however is putting up 19.0 ppg and 11.1 rpg. Bosh is putting up 21.3 ppg / 7.7 rpg. Bosh and Vucevic play on bad teams though.

Depends on what coaches value more.. winning or putting up great numbers. If winning then Val has a good shot.
                              Lowry making the ASG effects Toronto's salary cap depending on his contract.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                He's got a chance to make it but it will be low now that Toronto has dipped to 4th place. The reserves are 2 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 wild cards.

Speaking of Gortat, how in the world did he get so many votes?! 4th in east frontcourt behind Melo.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X