No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's going to be at least a solid two way centre, and he has the potential to be awesome.

I can't wait to see how he develops.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• My only pet peeve regarding Jonas right now is his constant bickering about calls, and over exaggerating everything he does hoping to sell a whistle. He even questioned the offensive foul where he completely barreled into Cousins.

Just shut up and play.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Fuck these blocks. All we need is solid rim protection, not a below-average shot blocker. He'll never be 2bpg guy.
        JV's rim protection is pretty good, at least according to this site. 13th in league, right behind Ibaka and Timmy D.

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          My only pet peeve regarding Jonas right now is his constant bickering about calls, and over exaggerating everything he does hoping to sell a whistle. He even questioned the offensive foul where he completely barreled into Cousins.

Just shut up and play.
          Welcome to NBA basketball. The biggest problem with it is that it actually works in this league.

Even Timmy does it:

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I wish there was a stat that tracked # of shots altered, because that's really where he makes his biggest mark defensively, even when he's forced to close-out on guys shooting mid-range jumpers. He had a huge impact defensively last night, far beyond just the # of blocked shots. Even his help defense is coming around, especially in games when he is engaged offensively, to the point that he gets in the flow of the game (as opposed to just sprinting back and forth and setting picks).
            The bold is the key to everything, and I think why so many of us complain about the offense. Give the big man some touches on offensive and he stays engaged on D.

Comment

My only pet peeve regarding Jonas right now is his constant bickering about calls, and over exaggerating everything he does hoping to sell a whistle. He even questioned the offensive foul where he completely barreled into Cousins.

Just shut up and play.
              Well he's always emotional, it just emphasizes that he cares, have you ever saw Ross or Lou saying damn, crap I screwed up in their facial expressions after they miss or make a mistake?
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Welcome to NBA basketball. The biggest problem with it is that it actually works in this league.

Even Timmy does it:
                RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Well he's always emotional, it just emphasizes that he cares, have you ever saw Ross or Lou saying damn, crap I screwed up in their facial expressions after they miss or make a mistake?
                Unlike Duncan, Jonas hasn't established himself as one of the greatest players of all time......yet.

Besides, Duncan is at least selective with his exasperations, while Jonas literally argues every single call. I fear it does more damage than good. I don't want him to develop a reputation amongst the refs as the boy who cries wolf.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                  The bold is the key to everything, and I think why so many of us complain about the offense. Give the big man some touches on offensive and he stays engaged on D.
                  you are spot on on this, I believe I wrote about this not long ago. It's how JV plays, his motivation begins on offence, when he scores only good things happen on defense and it has been like that for 5 years already.
                  Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Unlike Duncan, Jonas hasn't established himself as one of the greatest players of all time......yet.

Besides, Duncan is at least selective with his exasperations, while Jonas literally argues every single call. I fear it does more damage than good. I don't want him to develop a reputation amongst the refs as the boy who cries wolf.
                    well I understand what you are saying and agree with you on the fact that some times he brags when there's no need to do that, even though it is rational, it doesn't help him and makes tougher to get calls for him.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Now imagine if he was more integrated in offence

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          Now imagine if he was more integrated in offence
                          The only logical explanation for JV's limited minutes and touches is we're depressing his contract value so we can get him on a cheap extension. If JV signed a 5 year $60M extension this offseason I'd be ecstatic. Bring in a new coach and he'll be a max player in a flash.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            The only logical explanation for JV's limited minutes and touches is we're depressing his contract value so we can get him on a cheap extension. If JV signed a 5 year $60M extension this offseason I'd be ecstatic. Bring in a new coach and he'll be a max player in a flash.
                            I've said this in the beggining of this season, everyone was calling bs. It really makes sense, though it's very selfish from the teams perspective.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              I've said this in the beggining of this season, everyone was calling bs. It really makes sense, though it's very selfish from the teams perspective.
                              It does make sense logically speaking, but you have to admit, we're approaching tinfoil hat territory.

The most plausible explanation is that Jonas just hasn't earned Casey's trust in certain situations. Unfortunately, that's not something that can be quantified. Instead, it's coach's gut feel.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                Really impressed with his rim protection recently. Guys, I think we have a premier C on our hands. Thank you BC for drafting him.
                                2.3 blocks during this 4 game win streak with only 26.6 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X