Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    He won't be an all-star this year, but I could see it a couple years from now.
    Honestly, I can see it as soon as he gets 30 MPG or more. I mean his per 36 numbers are 17.2 PPG, 11.6 RPG, and 1.5 BPG... So...

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      CRF, I think it was you who brought up than play where Jonas ends up running toward a shooter that's been left open in the corner.

Kind of puzzles me. Why wouldn't he just find someone to box out and let the guy shoot? Can't remember seeing him actually block one, and we end up with our best (and only good) rebounder in the corner. Am I wrong?
      I believe that i have read that this is Casey's system where switching and help defense are the predominant theme. Of course, other teams realize that so they have sets that will cause the Raps to switch off of their man and wind up in a situation where Amir or JV are running out to the "analytic three" location primarily, but they do the same thing from the top of the key.

How often did you see Lowry covering Cousins last game. Happened at least four or five times.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I believe that i have read that this is Casey's system where switching and help defense are the predominant theme. Of course, other teams realize that so they have sets that will cause the Raps to switch off of their man and wind up in a situation where Amir or JV are running out to the "analytic three" location primarily, but they do the same thing from the top of the key.

How often did you see Lowry covering Cousins last game. Happened at least four or five times.
        yeah caseys sytem really benefits our shit perimeter defenders, i.e lou, gv, lowry, ross, demar. (aka all of them) but makes JV look terrible. im okay with the tradeoff as long as jonas doesnt get hurt lumbering to the three point line every other possession
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Idc who disagrees, but Miami did not deserve 2 allstar nods... Like we held top spot for 2 fucking months.. With zero recognition... JV should have got it over bosh

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            Idc who disagrees, but Miami did not deserve 2 allstar nods... Like we held top spot for 2 fucking months.. With zero recognition... JV should have got it over bosh
            more than JV, Brandon Knight should have got the nod. Bucks have been in the playoff pics since the get go.

Comment

• Wade's out hurt anyway, so they really only get the one spot, which Bosh deserves.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Idc who disagrees, but Miami did not deserve 2 allstar nods... Like we held top spot for 2 fucking months.. With zero recognition... JV should have got it over bosh
                Bosh deserves an all star spot.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The things Van Gundy is doing, like giving him a megaphone in practice so he can speak up and direct the D, showing extreme confidence in him to try new things.... these are the things that are going to help him develop.
                  Technically not Van Gundy because they mentioned he got that as a rookie , and SVG is in his first year as Pistons Head coach, but a good development tool nonetheless
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• B Knight will probably be wades replacement... I just don't get why we have zero recognition for holding top spot for 2 months.. We should have had two guys

Comment

Nah man Bosh earned it. Wade shouldn't have gotten it and Korver should've. Or if they're gonna vote in someone that's injured and won't play they shouldve given Kemba the nod.

Comment

B Knight will probably be wades replacement... I just don't get why we have zero recognition for holding top spot for 2 months.. We should have had two guys
                        If DD wasn't injured he probably would have been picked as the second Raptor. I'd rather see JV get in when there's concrete proof that he can produce with more consistent minutes (and I'm sure he can).

Watching Jonas' growth this year has been awesome. He just has to get to the point where his confidence isn't as easily shaken and he's not worried about getting benched for mistakes. This will do wonders for his decisiveness and energy; it's incredibly hard for opposing teams to stop him when he plays confidently. His time will come.
                        OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                          If DD wasn't injured he probably would have been picked as the second Raptor. I'd rather see JV get in when there's concrete proof that he can produce with more consistent minutes (and I'm sure he can).

Watching Jonas' growth this year has been awesome. He just has to get to the point where his confidence isn't as easily shaken and he's not worried about getting benched for mistakes. This will do wonders for his decisiveness and energy; it's incredibly hard for opposing teams to stop him when he plays confidently. His time will come.
                          DD was playing like shit before he went down. Most definitely would not have been picked.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            CRF, I think it was you who brought up than play where Jonas ends up running toward a shooter that's been left open in the corner.

Kind of puzzles me. Why wouldn't he just find someone to box out and let the guy shoot? Can't remember seeing him actually block one, and we end up with our best (and only good) rebounder in the corner. Am I wrong?
                            Yes, I agreed with the poster who complained about the way DC relies on his bigs to rotate (where the poster accidentally typed "hedge" instead, but those that agreed knew what he was referring to) out to the perimeter to cover the shooter.

You're absolutely right and he occasionally does that by design, because that's how DC's defense works, hence the complaint against DC.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12249157

Go to 20:12, Zach asks JVG (paraphrasing) why Jonas would be on his all-star team over Love(!!!).

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                DD was playing like shit before he went down. Most definitely would not have been picked.
                                Lol, every time I read or hear "Most definitely" I think of DeMar.

But we can't be sure that if he didn't get injured his (consistently) crappy play would continue. His shooting percentage would probably go up from that horrid 39%... IMO with 19+ PPG and 41% shooting he would still get in. And I bet the rabid Canadian fan voting would shift some attention his way.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X