Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Anyone read that Leo Rautins interview on Jonas? He's basically saying that it's Jonas' own fault he's not playing in the 4th. In other words, he's averaging 28 mpg, but still hasn't earned coach's trust. Therefore, he must be doing something wrong.

He also implied that it's Jonas' fault that his teammates don't pass him the ball, because he's not demanding enough.

Are there any merits to these claims, or is this a classic case of victim-blaming?
    link?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      link?
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...h-quarter-run/

Comment

• Victim blaming?

Its sports, he isn't a victim.

Comment

• so.. had a weird dream last night.. Ref got knocked out cold by JV.

Comment

• Thanks. I dislike Leo, but I agree. He's saying the same things everyone else that has tried to explain why JV doesn't play 4th quarter minutes has been saying.

Comment

• thats a fantastic article.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                so.. had a weird dream last night.. Ref got knocked out cold by JV.
                No joke, I had a dream last night that Casey was apologizing to me for all the iso ball. He was saying he couldn't do anything about it because the wings refuse to listen to him. He was pretty upset.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I slept with Kate Upton in my dream..... you guys need better dreams!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    I slept with Kate Upton in my dream..... you guys need better dreams!
                    Ya.. about that... I don't remember good dreams.

Comment

• Haha get better dreams, you fools

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Anyone read that Leo Rautins interview on Jonas? He's basically saying that it's Jonas' own fault he's not playing in the 4th. In other words, he's averaging 28 mpg, but still hasn't earned coach's trust. Therefore, he must be doing something wrong.
                        Here's an extreme analogy. Was Michael Jordan's backup doing something wrong? How many 4th quarter crunch time minutes did he get?

Who's had the majority of 4th Q crunch time minutes at the 4/5 while Jonas has sat? Amir and PPat. They have played about 310 minutes together this year, a good chunk of that being 4th quarter.

When they've been on the court together, the Raptors have played like the best team in the league. GS has the highest point differential at +10.9. Amir/PPat are +11.0 per 48 minutes.

Maybe it's a bit less about JV than we think.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          No joke, I had a dream last night that Casey was apologizing to me for all the iso ball. He was saying he couldn't do anything about it because the wings refuse to listen to him. He was pretty upset.
                          That is a fantastically bizarre and oddly specific dream.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            JV ain't fast but it always seems weird that Casey keeps telling guys to push the ball then has no other plan once they're across half. It's like he want to set up before JV can get positioned. Calderon was good at hitting bigs because everybody fell asleep as he dribbled in circles.
                            lmao
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              He doesn't win more than one in five it seems, if that many. He doesn't have great hops and his timing is off in those circumstances when he seems to have a chance.
                              Everyone here realizes that the opening tip is meaningless, right?

Nobody cares who wins the opening tip. Frankly, I like to see the Raps get their defence going right away, so I like it when they lost the opener. I would be more interested in whether he wins random jump balls, opening tips for OT, etc.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Everyone here realizes that the opening tip is meaningless, right?

Nobody cares who wins the opening tip. Frankly, I like to see the Raps get their defence going right away, so I like it when they lost the opener. I would be more interested in whether he wins random jump balls, opening tips for OT, etc.
                                I also prefer getting the ball first in the 2nd half. I wonder if stats exist for scoring % for the game's first possession?

Comment

Working...
                                X