• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Isn't it just rookies and sophomores?
    Oops...I believe you are correct sir.

Comment

• Weird to see someone call JV "his veteran" lol the guy is 22 years old!!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Weird to see someone call JV "his veteran" lol the guy is 22 years old!!

And only a month older than him too...haha

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Weird to see someone call JV "his veteran" lol the guy is 22 years old!!

When it comes to Bebe's game compared to JVs, he is veteran to him.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            When it comes to Bebe's game compared to JVs, he is veteran to him.
            Seriously.

I remember watching video of Bebe when he was 17/18 years old.

I don't think he has improved other than physically maturing.... sadly.

Comment

• On the flip side, I like what I have seen from JV over the last 10 games. He seems to have reached another gear. As if he said to himself "Coach is never going to call plays for me so I have to go get it myself."

His D has been much improved. Maybe the system just clicked in his brain. sometimes learning happens like that.

Comment

• I thought of this when the raptors were playing the rockets the other day -

the main advantage to having the tallest player on the floor has gotta be rebounds, post ups are more about center of gravity and strength (look at chuck).
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  On the flip side, I like what I have seen from JV over the last 10 games. He seems to have reached another gear. As if he said to himself "Coach is never going to call plays for me so I have to go get it myself."

His D has been much improved. Maybe the system just clicked in his brain. sometimes learning happens like that.
                  He has started every year slow and picked it up down the stretch.

This year no different it seems.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    On the flip side, I like what I have seen from JV over the last 10 games. He seems to have reached another gear. As if he said to himself "Coach is never going to call plays for me so I have to go get it myself."

Maybe he's been reading RR...
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Last night was another display of jv being looked off by everyone (including JJ which I was quite surprised by. Im starting to believe that this is a business thing from the team. He's been playing his mind out and with him hitting restricted free agency they're trying to keep his value as low as possible to be able to sign him to a team friendly drag for when he ubdoubtly becomes an all star given the proper and well deserved 36min a game over the next 4years. For his sake though, I hope a team offers him the max and we're priced out because I don't think he deserved that kind of a treatment. That's my theory. That or Casey is a dumbass. Either or...

Comment

• j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                        Last night was another display of jv being looked off by everyone (including JJ which I was quite surprised by. Im starting to believe that this is a business thing from the team. He's been playing his mind out and with him hitting restricted free agency they're trying to keep his value as low as possible to be able to sign him to a team friendly drag for when he ubdoubtly becomes an all star given the proper and well deserved 36min a game over the next 4years. For his sake though, I hope a team offers him the max and we're priced out because I don't think he deserved that kind of a treatment. That's my theory. That or Casey is a dumbass. Either or...
                        Did you hear Lowry talking about him in his Simmons all-star interview? It boils down to the fact that JV is just a kid (in their eyes) and has to be told what to do most of the time. They think he's still a year or two away from being given a bigger role.

In a lot of ways they're right - with JJ in the starting lineup, JV is the youngest and least experienced starter. I'm sure they do have to yell at him to get to the right spot, tell him when to cool down and when to focus, get in his ear during timeouts, etc.

But even with all that, he's proving to be one of the team's most effective players right now, never mind in a couple years from now. He's the only guy with his combination of size and skill set on the team. No one can duplicate what he does.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Did you hear Lowry talking about him in his Simmons all-star interview? It boils down to the fact that JV is just a kid (in their eyes) and has to be told what to do most of the time. They think he's still a year or two away from being given a bigger role.

In a lot of ways they're right - with JJ in the starting lineup, JV is the youngest and least experienced starter. I'm sure they do have to yell at him to get to the right spot, tell him when to cool down and when to focus, get in his ear during timeouts, etc.

But even with all that, he's proving to be one of the team's most effective players right now, never mind in a couple years from now. He's the only guy with his combination of size and skill set on the team. No one can duplicate what he does.
                          His skill set interferes with the 'long-two' offensive system we run. It only makes sense that he sits.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Wish someone would do that for the guards. Decision Making 101 might have been skipped in training camp.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The undervaluing theory for JV is the only one that makes sense. The only other viable theory is that our coaches are blind like bats... JV is our best rebounder and our most efficient scorer, and instead of catching him on the PnR or passing it to him out of the double team, we either ignore him or clear out an ISO for him in the 1st quarter. His ISOs are still more efficient then the rest of our team...
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Casey wants Jonas to shave his beard. His refusal is the cause of this mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X